Fire Coach L

At this point, I really couldn't care less about why the roster is the way that it is. Maybe L got screwed, maybe its his fault, it really doesn't matter anymore. If he can't fix it, he needs to go, and it doesn't look to me like he can fix it.

Advertisement
Today’s game was pathetic! So, if Coach L is not going to be removed or retire, he should be forced to replace his assistants and bring in better recruiters and serve in more a figure head role. The lack of quality big men, tall wings and guards off the bench is alarming. I am open to quality grad transfers or scouting Florida harder but this NCAA blame game has got to stop!

Unless Blake James is fired as the AD in the next two months, the football and basketball head coaching jobs will not change.
However, there will be huge pressure on both of them to win and win big next season.
The football coach will need to go 10-2 and play in the ACC Championship game along with the Orange Bowl to keep his job.
The basketball coach will need to first use all 13 scholarships then he will need to win 24 plus games including 14 or more conference games while reaching the Sweet 16 to keep his job.
If the current AD will not raise the bar on the current coaches then a new AD will.
Hiring a new AD will make it easier to replace the football and basketball head coaches as the reason will be the new AD wants to hire his own coaches.

Advertisement
Unless Blake James is fired as the AD in the next two months, the football and basketball head coaching jobs will not change.
However, there will be huge pressure on both of them to win and win big next season.
The football coach will need to go 10-2 and play in the ACC Championship game along with the Orange Bowl to keep his job.
The basketball coach will need to first use all 13 scholarships then he will need to win 24 plus games including 14 or more conference games while reaching the Sweet 16 to keep his job.
If the current AD will not raise the bar on the current coaches then a new AD will.
Hiring a new AD will make it easier to replace the football and basketball head coaches as the reason will be the new AD wants to hire his own coaches.

Jim should resign after this season. He had an excuse last year. He really does not this year.

Jim should resign after this season. He had an excuse last year. He really does not this year.

Coach L never had an excuse for failure. Whenever any coach does not fill his team with incoming freshman, grad transfers are always the option to give yourself a competitive team.
Coach L has failed for 7 years in a row to use all 13 of his scholarships for basketball.
Truthfully, Coach L has failed himself with the way he has managed hia roster.

Advertisement
Jim has honestly looked and sounded like he’s wanted to be out of this job for 2 years now. The staff put a ton of weight into the Lonnie one and done year and got their souls snatched in that Loyola game. We have a nice class coming in next year but not sure it’s enough for him to want to come back

If Coach L start Earl Timberlake and plays 10 guys next season along with signing two high school seniors for next season then next season will be a success.
If Coach L plays his 5 seniors 30 plus minutes a game next season then next season could be his last at Miami.
Coach L will need to win 24 games and reach the sweet sixteen next year just to finish out his contract.

Do we have any insider-type insights or info? I wonder how much a legendary coach nearing retirement does hands-on practice, drills, teaching, etc; versus letting his assistants know what he wants and leaving it to them. One might suspect after decades and decades he might tire of the prep - and without the dancing from some stellar results a few years back, might be going more thru the motions than one thinks and expects...

...which leaves it to the staff to teach, prep, drill, even motivate to some degree. And it becomes more and more obvious as we discuss the staff that some of the best staffers have left for greener pastures and it's far from clear (to me anyway) what figurehead stuff Coach L already does, and what hands-on he still does... or how capable this staff really is currently?

Yall know I rarely ever frequent the Basketball board as Football is more my speed.

But just wanted to drop my 2 cents off for the next HC if Larranaga steps down...

Anthony Grant - originally from Miami coached at Central back in the early 90's, was at UF during the Billy Donovan era, did a terrific job at VCU going 76-25 in 4 years & won 117 games at Bama in 6 years with a 58% winning percentage.

Current HC at Dayton has them at 17-2 on the season & the best team in the Atlantic 10 conference, won 8 games in a row & is currently the #7 ranked team in the nation.

He's 53, but also savvy & experienced. I'm no Basketball expert, but I think he'd do well at Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back