NFL Fins vs. Colts... Venting Thread (+ Brady versus NE finish)

jkdood

All ACC
****, Fins sucks, the booted punt return (nbr 19) just now just another example. QB Wentz on Colts seems a lot better than our guy. Don't you just love Miami football?

Advertisement
I hope someone more informed and knowledgeable can help me understand, but what exactly was the logic in having the two offensive coordinators? Especially two guys who have never done it before.

I hope someone more informed and knowledgeable can help me understand, but what exactly was the logic in having the two offensive coordinators? Especially two guys who have never done it before.
Try 3…at least thats according to a statement by dilfer-that FRYE is actually calling the plays (not just relaying)

Flores and Grier both need to be fired immediately

Try 3…at least thats according to a statement by dilfer-that FRYE is actually calling the plays (not just relaying)

Flores and Grier both need to be fired immediately
I said in the off-season that Grier is great at accumulating the picks but terrible at utilizing them. I’m afraid this season is only adding evidence to that thought.

Advertisement
Ross needs to pay Deshaun's legal bills and bring him in already. And Flores needs to find an OC or he'll be gone. Might as well tank one more year, should be 0-4. LOL

Ross needs to pay Deshaun's legal bills and bring him in already. And Flores needs to find an OC or he'll be gone. Might as well tank one more year, should be 0-4. LOL
Didn’t we trade our first round pick next year and keep SF’s?

Didn’t we trade our first round pick next year and keep SF’s?
The Dolphins got a 2022 first-round pick (along with a 2022 third-round selection and a 2023 first-rounder) from the 49ers to move from 3 to 12, then gave up their own 2022 first-round to Philadelphia to move back up to 6.

Talk abt deja vu... Guy with 35 in a row FG just missed one for the game (likely win, down 17-16, under a minute left) in New England (versus Brady & Tampa Bay) ... hit the goalpost same spot our guy Andres missed on Thursday...

ofc... was 56 yarder in the rain in a HUUUge game, but still, deja vu. And that Jones QB rookie for New England looks the real stuff... he'll have some super bowl rings for sure.

Advertisement
I said in the off-season that Grier is great at accumulating the picks but terrible at utilizing them. I’m afraid this season is only adding evidence to that thought.

Chris Grier needs to be fired yesterday. So many wasted draft picks. As I understood it, Flores wanted Herbert but Grier and Ross wanted Tua.

We’ve witnessed another WRONG decision by this miserable franchise. Herbert is too **** good and we’re possibly going to see him go down the Brees path.

I do not want to see bustua as my QB anymore. We’ve catered everything to him such as getting his QB coach here and tailoring the offense for him. And he was as underwhelming as ever. Blow it all up. Trade for Watson, draft Howell or any one of the QBs in the terrible ‘22 class. Idc.

Oh and let’s not forget we got his receiver also which we had to pass up on another generational talent in Sewell.

I don’t mind if Flores go as well since he can’t get his staff correct. He fires everyone every year.

Last edited:
The Dolphins got a 2022 first-round pick (along with a 2022 third-round selection and a 2023 first-rounder) from the 49ers to move from 3 to 12, then gave up their own 2022 first-round to Philadelphia to move back up to 6.
**** it I forgot. Philly about to have a top 10 pick while SF will be late. What a miserable year for Miami football.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Chris Grier needs to be fired yesterday. So many wasted draft picks. As I understood it, Flores wanted Herbert but Grier and Ross wanted Tua.

We’ve witnessed another WRONG decision by this miserable franchise. Herbert is too **** good and we’re possibly going to see him go down the Brees path.

I do not want to see bustua as my QB anymore. We’ve catered everything to him such as getting his QB coach here and tailoring the offense for him. And he was as underwhelming as ever. Blow it all up. Trade for Watson, draft Howell or any one of the QBs in the terrible ‘22 class. Idc.

Oh and let’s not forget we got his receiver also which we had to pass up on another generational talent in Sewell.

I don’t mind if Flores go as well since he can’t get his staff correct. He fires everyone every year.
I can't argue with any of this. Alabama players are generally terrible draft choices for two reasons - they are maxed out developmentally and they are too comfortable playing on a super team. The second one was what concerned me with Tua. Forgetting the injuries, he had an NFL OL that gave him all of the time in the world for multiple 5 stars to run free and a bunch of wrecking balls for RBs that defenses have to respect. I admittedly was not sold on Hebert, but I did not want Tua for those reasons.

I want Flores to go, mainly for whatever he decided to do with the offensive coordinator hire after a horrific hire in Chan Gailey. I read it and thought there is no way anyone could be so stupid or naive. He needed to find his Joe Brady and instead hired a corpse of NFL past and I don't even know what this current plan is.

I can't argue with any of this. Alabama players are generally terrible draft choices for two reasons - they are maxed out developmentally and they are too comfortable playing on a super team. The second one was what concerned me with Tua. Forgetting the injuries, he had an NFL OL that gave him all of the time in the world for multiple 5 stars to run free and a bunch of wrecking balls for RBs that defenses have to respect. I admittedly was not sold on Hebert, but I did not want Tua for those reasons.

I want Flores to go, mainly for whatever he decided to do with the offensive coordinator hire after a horrific hire in Chan Gailey. I read it and thought there is no way anyone could be so stupid or naive. He needed to find his Joe Brady and instead hired a corpse of NFL past and I don't even know what this current plan is.
Neither do they.

Neither do they.
What’s really incredible is we have one team with arguably the best culture in American sports, or at least one of them, in the Heat. And then we have a bunch of mouth breathers. Do the Dolphins and Canes coaches spend any time trying to learn from peer organizations? Everything the Heat do is with a long term vision. It doesn’t always work, but you can see the thought and intent behind it.

Even the Marlins with rebuilding their farm system. You see the vision.

The Dolphins and UM are in a perpetual state of plugging leaks with scotch tape and throwing **** against the wall. My patience with the Phins ran out years back. I don’t have the time or patience to devote to more than one team like them.

Advertisement
What’s really incredible is we have one team with arguably the best culture in American sports, or at least one of them, in the Heat. And then we have a bunch of mouth breathers. Do the Dolphins and Canes coaches spend any time trying to learn from peer organizations? Everything the Heat do is with a long term vision. It doesn’t always work, but you can see the thought and intent behind it.

The Dolphins and UM are in a perpetual state of plugging leaks with scotch tape and throwing **** against the wall. My patience with the Phins ran out years back. I don’t have the time or patience to devote to more than one team like them.
I thought the Phins were on to something last season. They had some success on the field, you could see the pieces start to fit together. Then this season happened and I'm left wondering what the **** happened here.

Substitute Canes for Phins, it's the same post.

I thought the Phins were on to something last season. They had some success on the field, you could see the pieces start to fit together. Then this season happened and I'm left wondering what the **** happened here.

Substitute Canes for Phins, it's the same post.
How is someone so good at accumulating draft capital and salary cap space, and so, so, so bad at utilizing it?

I will throw another parallel out. We hire Manny off a losing regime. How in the **** do you hire Chris Grier as GM when he was your head scout from 2007 to 2015? Like what exactly did he do during that time to justify the promotion? His scouting partially led to one of the worst rosters in the league. And then he hired Gase as his first big move as GM. How does he still have a job?

**** it I forgot. Philly about to have a top 10 pick while SF will be late. What a miserable year for Miami football.
Ross is a Jerry Jones wannabe. Dude needs to sell the team. Just like the Canes, it smells like **** at the top and rolls downhill.

I wish Mickey Arison owned the Dolphins

Advertisement
Back