Finger injuries. Something has to be done.

Garnacho

Senior
If your finger is so badly hurt that you have to lay down on the field and stop the game, then you should have to sit the rest of the quarter as a safety precaution to make sure all of your fingers are ok. This sh*t is beyond ridiculous.

Teams have been running tempo offenses for over a decade now. Put in a row that a player has to sit out at least a quarter if they are so badly hurt that they cannot even get off the field.

Advertisement
This reminds me of a classic movie scene:

fdccfce4-83b2-4806-96fe-c725b4c23858_text.gif

Maybe Tony should've taken the night off after this incident.

Advertisement
Lol dude. You didn't know that a hurt finger can stop you from walking a couple of feet to the sidelines??? Yah man, finger injuries!!

It stops Will Fuller from doing anything but sit on the sidelines collecting $10M in game checks.

The rule should be that player missing the balance of that drive or a minimum of "x" plays while he's evaluated and Drs ensure he's not doing further damage by continuing to complete. Maybe that's 5? Whatever it is, it should 100% be more than 1.

Disirregardless of the shltty game Miami played (esp the D) it was an absolute joke. I was having nightmarish flashbacks to the FIU game.

Don’t you agree @Tad Footeball
100%.

The firing press release by the school should read:

"Disirregardless of some fugly wins AND flukey losses this year (and in preceeding years) by the football program under the tutelage of Man E. Dias, this program is what it is and the university at large, The Big Cheese, Evenings Delight and the fine folks at Perry Ellis find it unacceptable..."

How many guys did GT have go down with "injury" forcing the game to be stopped? Seemed like every other play.

Advertisement
It stops Will Fuller from doing anything but sit on the sidelines collecting $10M in game checks.

The rule should be that player missing the balance of that drive or a minimum of "x" plays while he's evaluated and Drs ensure he's not doing further damage by continuing to complete. Maybe that's 5? Whatever it is, it should 100% be more than 1.
Lol yeah it's really crazy man

Advertisement
How many times did 6, 3 and 2 flip down and grab things in their bodies? Something has to be done. Painful to watch the game and clearly has an impact on momentum. He may have hurt his little itty bitty fingy, but why not make him trot off of the field. Has to be a good solution. Perhaps you have to sit out the entire drive unless a timeout is burned. That way you can not be disadvantaged if it is legitimate but are “penalized” by having to waste a TO. Can’t keep watching this crap. Butch Davis, for all that he has done for this University, can go to **** for introducing the flop to the nation against us and it becoming something that is being adopted by others.

Advertisement
All that does is ensure we can’t run hurry up inside zone for a loss of 1. I say we send them a thank you card

Ref - what’s wrong kid!
Player- my finger is jammed up bad
Ref- are your legs ok?
Player- yes
Ref- then get the **** off the field

Advertisement
Back