Finebaum on Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
Exactly. @OrangeBowlMagic said this not too long ago...First lose big, then lose small, then win small, then win big. Baby steps y'all. We will get there, hang in there.

To be fair, I stole it from Bobby Bowden. He was the first person I ever heard say that. And it proved true at fsu. It’ll prove true here too as well.

Advertisement
He is correct on Nebraska. Amazing they were able to do what they did back in the day. Where did they get all their players from?

Miami is a fertile ground of recruiting still.

We are one coach away from turning it around. Think FSU 3 years ago. Unfortunately, the admin doesn’t realize this.

Removing Mario is the best thing the program can do.

Advertisement
I was channel surfing and came to it just when he started saying that about Miami fans. I had to rewind it for the context. I always like to watch him after Bama bows out and it seems he lashes out at former great programs because misery loves company. But being Bama's biggest homer has made him a very wealthy man. He jumped on Miami band wagon for a week or so back during Manny's reign, and got burned.

Advertisement
Don’t kid yourselves. It begins and ends with recruiting the Jimmy’s and Joe’s. Ed Orgeron and our own Larry Coker are testament to the fact that you don’t need to be a coaching savant to win a ship when you have talent.

Mario will win 10 games next season because he has to. He has no choice because his job is on the line.

Now if he stacks a Top 5 class for 2025 on top of what we have and still cannot win by 2025 then ****baum is right.

Advertisement
Back