Finally...straight forward questions asked.

Advertisement
Straight forward reporting example:

Coach do you expect to be let go after this performance.. and if not, certainly you would agree that Year 4 is a make or break season?! And if you could expound on the missed opportunities this season considering the Coastal is the worst division in Power 5 conferences and how these troubles correlate from previous success with a much tougher SEC East schedule?

Blank Stare..

Coach I'm just trying to figure out how some of the glaring problems with this inexperienced staff and especially your offense have not been addressed? Do you not feel a sense of responsibility to these kids and this university to diagnose & fix the problem? Even if that means firing your OL coach.. or even your son, for that matter. Or is he off limits?

More Blank Stare..

Like, did you even intend on trying to win or was the plan all along to just ride the gravy train until the wheels fall off? Bc it seems to me like making lazy hires (see DC's) and only using half of your allotted bowl practices shows you are a bit checked out?

First time he has taken responsibility for the offense. so that's a plus. also said changes are coming, pretty sure that's a first as well.

The season is over so no pressure for taking the blame now, so rolling the player under the bus was not needed, but still refreshing to not hear.

I am thinking the only change we will see is a QB with a W in their last name starting. Other than that I would not get my hopes up of an OC and scheme change or you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Next season is the change coaches season if it goes that way this one went. When that fails as it generally does we get a new coach is 2020 or 2021. RICHt has next season to regain a passion for the game, innovation in offense and player buy in. We cannot afford many more seasons like this or recruiting classes like he produced this year.

This is like something out of The Natural with that guy coming in and talking to the team. “Losing is a disease” and Robert Redford walks out. Richt is that boring *** dumb**** piece of ****. I’m still ticked off. This game was on the 58-0 Clemson game level. Games like this get you canned but Blake James won’t do **** as usual and the BOT are all pussies.

Advertisement

Coach do you expect to be let go after this performance.. and if not, certainly you would agree that Year 4 is a make or break season?! And if you could expound on the missed opportunities this season considering the Coastal is the worst division in Power 5 conferences and how these troubles correlate from previous success with a much tougher SEC East schedule?

Blank Stare..

Coach I'm just trying to figure out how some of the glaring problems with this inexperienced staff and especially your offense have not been addressed? Do you not feel a sense of responsibility to these kids and this university to diagnose & fix the problem? Even if that means firing your OL coach.. or even your son, for that matter. Or is he off limits?

More Blank Stare..

Like, did you even intend on trying to win or was the plan all along to just ride the gravy train until the wheels fall off? Bc it seems to me like making lazy hires (see DC's) and only using half of your allotted bowl practices shows you are a bit checked out?
and after the third blank stare,,,,,,,,Coach, can i offer you another xanax

What I got out of that was that he doesn’t give a single ****.
He is annoyed he is going to be criticized that’s about it.
More of the same old “we are going to work hard to fix the problem by not changing anything and by doing the same thing”
Ultimately he is interested in keeping his son and friends employed above anything else.

I wouldn’t call them straightforward questions.

After the first question and the answer he gave somebody saying so does that mean you are going to hire a offensive coordinator? That would be straight forward.
Yup. A follow up. These reporters are so intimidated that they will lose their access that they don’t ask the tough questions.

Yup. A follow up. These reporters are so intimidated that they will lose their access that they don’t ask the tough questions.

These reporters trash. Get some real people to ask some real questions. It would turn into a hotbox in that room

Advertisement
Thanks for telling us the it starts and stops with you coach...we didn't know that until you told us.

All this time we thought the equipment manager was running things.

I just wasted 9 minutes of my life listening to that drivel. Richt is retired on the job. Like Bowden in his last years, the game has passed him by and he's just collecting a paycheck.

Well, Bowden's replacement did win a National Championship so...

Well considering it's literally their job/livelihood, I can understand.

Easy to do behind a keyboard.
Interviewing skills, particularly with someone resistant to giving a straight answer, are learned. Not to pick on him, but Ferman has been covering the Canes for 35 years. He got coach to say something about “changes” having to be made. Then there was dead silence. Nobody in the room followed up with an obvious “what changes? what are you thinking?” Even if he says it’s too early to say, or I have to sit with Blake and we’ll talk about it, or I have my own process 5hat I go through after every season” at least it’s something more. It doesn’t have to be an adversarial thing, necessarily, especially if the questions are open ended and not “Are you mad?” WTf is that?

Advertisement
My take: Jarren can start next year and we aint changing the O. Long offseason coming up.

All Jarren does is whine...last night was the perfect time to play him. Talk is cheap, transfer blah blah why didn’t Richt see what he can do. Why don’t Canes have a legit QB? Maybe if we had a real QB coach they’d be lined up. I’ll really go berserk tonight if Jack Allison leads WV to a victory.

Advertisement

Blank Stare..

More Blank Stare..

Great questions, but its pretty easy to be brave from a safe distance; I'm guessing you'd like to ask tough questions sometimes in your line of work, but you understand that sometimes you can't. Reporters have to develop a relationship with the team they cover, the PR person, bowl PR people, etc. They have to deal with them through the good, bad or ugly. Asking the really tough questions probably doesn't get you a press pass or the microphone brought to you much.

To paraphrase the great Notorious BIG

“Yo mark, your reign on top was short like leprachauns.”

This **** is OVER

I am thinking the only change we will see is a QB with a W in their last name starting. Other than that I would not get my hopes up of an OC and scheme change or you are setting yourself up

where there's a Corch Mork, there is certainly a Pwerry....

Advertisement
Back