Final thoughts before the 24th

A lot of my friends who are gaytors fans think they are going to absolutely blow us out of the water which I think is idiotic. Regardless of the stats and everything I bring up their opinion remains the same due to our "Freshman QB and OT's", which I guess is a fair point but I can't possibly see how they're convinced Florida is that good. Sure they went 10-3 and are ranked No. 8 in the country so I got to thinking.... This offseason hype and overconfidence sounds familiar. Rewind to 2017 when we ended the year 10-3. That year Malik Rosier who we all know was a mediocre on his best day STILL statistically had a better season then Franks did last year and the gayturds had a much better O-line and based off of Florida fans opinions, better skilled positions too. Now all of a sudden they think franks is the next coming of Tebow or something. Here are links and which you can look at Rosier's 2017 stats and Franks 2018 stats.

It's clear that Franks isn't an amazing QB I mean just look at his stats, if you have below a 60% completion percentage you shouldn't be considered anything but mediocre. He's rated one of the worst passers in the FBS when facing pressure just watch the Mississippi State game and you can witness it first hand. They are replacing 4 starters on the O-line and have one of the worst QBs in the country against pressure and they're going up against statistically one of the best front 7s in the country in the first game. Gayturds fans must be delusional cause thats just screams mismatch to me especially if you compare they're depth at D end to ours. This season to me for Florida has the possibility to crumble right in front of Mullen ( just like CMR ) especially with they're schedule. Unproven O-line, a QB that needs a good pocket to be OK, slim depth along the defensive front ( even Trevon Hill, one of the best D-ends in the ACC said lineman can only stay fresh for 5-6 plays ), and even more slim in the secondary ( which got exposed when they're best players were injured or out of the game ). These are problems that it seems like all analysts and Gayturds fans ignore.

Obviously Miami isn't perfect at every position and we have out questions about some spots but you're crazy if you think this is going to be anything but a hard fought battle between the 2. The QB makes or breaks a team and he's only as good as his boys in the trenches let him be and that goes for every level of football. If Miami can put pressure on the line of scrimmage and the QB like we did to ND in 2017 this will be a longggggggg game for UF and it has every possibility to be. Anyways, I just had to get that off my chest cause I don't have any die hard U friends in Orlando to talk to and my girlfriend could care less about it. All I know is Miami is about to shock the CFB world tomorrow night and I can't F****N WAIT to rub it in the face of all my friends that are coming to my place to tailgate and watch the game. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH C-A-N-E-S CANES!!!!!

Advertisement
A lot of my friends who are gaytors fans think they are going to absolutely blow us out of the water which I think is idiotic. Regardless of the stats and everything I bring up their opinion remains the same due to our "Freshman QB and OT's", which I guess is a fair point but I can't possibly see how they're convinced Florida is that good. Sure they went 10-3 and are ranked No. 8 in the country so I got to thinking.... This offseason hype and overconfidence sounds familiar. Rewind to 2017 when we ended the year 10-3. That year Malik Rosier who we all know was a mediocre on his best day STILL statistically had a better season then Franks did last year and the gayturds had a much better O-line and based off of Florida fans opinions, better skilled positions too. Now all of a sudden they think franks is the next coming of Tebow or something. Here are links and which you can look at Rosier's 2017 stats and Franks 2018 stats.

It's clear that Franks isn't an amazing QB I mean just look at his stats, if you have below a 60% completion percentage you shouldn't be considered anything but mediocre. He's rated one of the worst passers in the FBS when facing pressure just watch the Mississippi State game and you can witness it first hand. They are replacing 4 starters on the O-line and have one of the worst QBs in the country against pressure and they're going up against statistically one of the best front 7s in the country in the first game. Gayturds fans must be delusional cause thats just screams mismatch to me especially if you compare they're depth at D end to ours. This season to me for Florida has the possibility to crumble right in front of Mullen ( just like CMR ) especially with they're schedule. Unproven O-line, a QB that needs a good pocket to be OK, slim depth along the defensive front ( even Trevon Hill, one of the best D-ends in the ACC said lineman can only stay fresh for 5-6 plays ), and even more slim in the secondary ( which got exposed when they're best players were injured or out of the game ). These are problems that it seems like all analysts and Gayturds fans ignore.

Obviously Miami isn't perfect at every position and we have out questions about some spots but you're crazy if you think this is going to be anything but a hard fought battle between the 2. The QB makes or breaks a team and he's only as good as his boys in the trenches let him be and that goes for every level of football. If Miami can put pressure on the line of scrimmage and the QB like we did to ND in 2017 this will be a longggggggg game for UF and it has every possibility to be. Anyways, I just had to get that off my chest cause I don't have any die hard U friends in Orlando to talk to and my girlfriend could care less about it. All I know is Miami is about to shock the CFB world tomorrow night and I can't F****N WAIT to rub it in the face of all my friends that are coming to my place to tailgate and watch the game. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH C-A-N-E-S CANES!!!!!

Nice analysis... On the Gator Tears thread we have been discussing this for quite awhile on how they resembled our 2017 team last year and how they are approaching the game just like we did as fans last year vs LSU.

Defensively we will be fine, but Offensively they seem to think Richt will be on the sidelines or in the booth calling plays Those of them that understand that we have a competent OC and play caller then point to the fact that we are starting 2 new OT including a true freshman and a RS QB in WIlliams. I remember last year how this board kept saying Joe Burrow has never started a meaningful game and while he didn't do anything special to win the game for LSU he did do enough, protect the ball and made less mistakes than we did.

The more delusional they are, the more painful it will be when they come crashing back down to Earth. Lots of Gator Tears coming on Sunday morning.

Advertisement
Very fair analysis.

Only loose end; who is Miami 2019 in comparison to LSU 2018?

Tigers had a question mark at quarterback in transfer Joe Burrow, who turned out to be pretty good—and had a much more experienced secondary (which at Rosier's lunch).

The Canes rolling out Williams in game one—Diaz's first game as head coach, Enos' first at OC, Baker's first as DC, etc.—UM's lack of experience with this unit is concerned.

That said, Florida is supremely overconfident and seemingly overrated—which makes a UM upset not as far-fetched as some might think.

Advertisement
Maybe I am looking at things thru Canes Shades and allowing myself to think what I hope....maybe I am drinking the Kool-Aid.....but better than drinking Gator Ade!!!

I think you are underselling Florida's offense. I expect them to be very efficient this year. Obviously I don't expect to get blown out, hopefully not even beaten.. but yeah, Franks should play well this season. (Scheme moreso than player) All depends on OL play.

The initial ranking and all the hype is going to hurt them. They're gonna leave O-Town wondering what the **** happened.
Miami is gonna leave knowing what we knew all along: Gators aint ****

Well said Cane dude in Orlando. I, too, believe Miami will play a very good game and COVER the point spread on Saturn night. Hopefully Miami can return to Thee Gables with a well-earned victory.

Advertisement
I think we win, if we lose it’s not the end of the world. We are on the right path just gotta improve on last year and the continue the upward trajectory.

I think you are underselling Florida's offense. I expect them to be very efficient this year. Obviously I don't expect to get blown out, hopefully not even beaten.. but yeah, Franks should play well this season. (Scheme moreso than player) All depends on OL play.

Why is that? He's terrible under pressure and has a brand new O line.

Good analysis. To keep it simple, I think the team that runs the ball better will win the game. If either QB has to win it with his arm, that team is doomed. Franks isn't good under pressure, and we have a RS Freshman starting his first game on National TV (and the only game on tv).

Advertisement

nice post.

We are playing with house money in my opinion. NOBODY outside us orange and green wearing thugs think we have any chance at all.UiF has stated numerous times( see Gator Tears) that they plan on having walk-ons playing by the 3rd quarter.

Manny should have these guys playing loose cause if we lose we still go 12-1 and get to the ACCCG.On the other hand if the turds win they were supposed to win and will still end up 8-4.

we have everything to gain and not much to lose cause after all we have a new coach,a new offensive staff,a freshman QB making his first start and these are the mighty gators from the mighty SEC SEC SEC.

CFB will know about #TNM come Saturday about 10PM and they might not like what they see...MIAMI on the way back to the top.

giphy.gif

We should have concerns or is it legitimate understanding of why the gator is favored. New QB (ck), new Punter (ck), 2 freshmen at the tackle spots (ck), new strength and conditioning coach (ck) and new coaches (ck).
What they fail to realize is all the changes were NECESSARY and remedy almost all of last years flaws. Last year was an anomaly due to lack of a punter and a quality QB. Also realize that there has been a youth movement at the college level so fear not with Jarren, the last two NC games were won by true freshmen and ours is a redshirt.
I have a feeling that these aggressive changes will pay off big. The way Diaz utilized the portal is huge, hiring Enos is huge, and keeping a defensive coach that maintains our incredible defense intact confirm that ALL the changes were absolutely necessary. I failed to mention the incredible change that Feeley has wrought with the entire team, players that were good last year are going to be great this year from our seniors to new recruits.
Another positive is Diaz is NOT new to the program and knew exactly what we needed. He didn't just settle on a QB, he made them earn it. He did not hesitate to get our dangerous receiver back in the fold, JT. Imagine how we would feel if Richt had stayed and we had all the old staff MINUS Diaz. I shudder at the thought and I expect excellence and continued improvement. Diaz and staff are demanding success, nothing else matters except putting the best product on the field with this team, with recruiting , with Hurricane football.

Advertisement
Back