Final Rivals 100

Lets not be homers here. I watched the UA game and even during it on here everyone was noting how much KC was getting beat. He did not have a good game. Now those all-star games always favor the DL so I do not feel it is a great evaluation to go off.

Advertisement
I thought kc struggled in the practices is watched as well as in the game.

Rudolph, cook, Thomas and valentine all went nuts during the allstar week. If u dominate against the best players in America why wouldn't you go up?

Not sure what all the crying is about

The only guy I don't really understand is Lane. Thought he was underwhelming and soft. Would have though he would go down and not up

Interesting to think about...

If our season doesn't completely implode and we finish 11-2 or 12-1....

There's a good chance we finish with a bunch of the following: valentine, cook, Rudolph, lane, Jackson, Dixon, Sony.

Could have had #1 class in the nation

Is this the highest ranked south Florida class ever according to rivals? Has to be close

I find it really hard to believe that Lane makes a jump like that if he isn't looking like an FSU kid.

Advertisement
Just remember this: Valentine was initially released in the 80's when they first ranked the 2014 kids. Then, due to poor performance or no performance at camps in the off-season, he fell completely out of the 250. Once games started back up, he joins the 250 again. Then, after a great week (one week!) he's now rated higher than he was when he started. He went from top 100, to not top 250, to in the top 250 to the 59 overall in the span of one year. If anyone else can't see that these rankings are a **** show and a bit political, you're wrong. It's absurd.

I find it really hard to believe that Lane makes a jump like that if he isn't looking like an FSU kid.

Why not? The kid showed out at the All Star game practices. People on here are just mad he isn't gonna be a cane but he is has been a mega stud. Now I understand about the frustration about KC, I actually ain't that surprised that KC dropped out the top 100. What I am perplexed by is Darling not making the top 100, and I also thought Kaaya or Moten might sneak in. At the end of the day I really like 247's composite rankings the best.

how many weeks per year do you get to go head to head with 50 other top 300 players in pads and at full speed?

I would think that one week is by far the most important week of the year.

Having a 350 pound DT dominate against 220 pound guards shows very little. Put him against people his own size and ability and he still dominates? Well that's Valentine. You guys are clueless. Of course you're going to move him up.

And anyone that watched practice or the game saw that KC McDermott struggled bigtime. Take with a grain of salt since those things are slanted towards the DL, but he certainly didn't look like a 5 star type of kid.

Why not? The kid showed out at the All Star game practices. People on here are just mad he isn't gonna be a cane but he is has been a mega stud. Now I understand about the frustration about KC, I actually ain't that surprised that KC dropped out the top 100. What I am perplexed by is Darling not making the top 100, and I also thought Kaaya or Moten might sneak in. At the end of the day I really like 247's composite rankings the best.

I'm not mad at all about Ermon, I just don't think he makes this jump if he's leaning to Miami after watching how these things go for the last 20 years.

Advertisement
So back to my question about the most talented S. Fla class in the last decade (according to Rivals)

#11 overall, #1 WR, 5 Star - Travis Rudolph
#13 overall, #3 RB, 5 Star - Sony Michel
#18 overall, #4 RB, 5 Star - Dalvin Cook
#22 overall, #3 DE, 5 Star - Chad Thomas
#28 overall, #5 WR, 5 Star - Ermon Lane
#59 overall, #3 DT, 4 Star - Trevonte Valentine
#62 overall, #7 RB, 4 Star - Joseph Yearby
#69 overall, #3 QB, 4 Star - Treon Harris

EIGHT South Florida kids in the top 70 players in the nation?

Then you still have elite prospects all in the top 200 like:

4* KC McDermott
4*Anthony Moten
4* Johnny Dixon
4* JC Jackson
4* Trevor Darling
4* Quincy Wilson
4* Brandon Powell
4* Sean White
4* Reilly Gibbons

And to add another crop of 4*'s:

Nigel Bethel, Chris Lammons, Richard Yeargin, Corey Holmes, Khari Clark, D'ernest Johnson, etc, etc

2008 was ridiculous in SFLA... but I think 2013 has it beat.

Shame we only have 2 of the top 8 kids locally. Need to get Valentine back badly.

I'm not mad at all about Ermon, I just don't think he makes this jump if he's leaning to Miami after watching how these things go for the last 20 years.

Well Chad flew up the list, last year AQM flew up the list, and the year before Duke flew up the list.

Well Chad flew up the list, last year AQM flew up the list, and the year before Duke flew up the list.

Na man they deserved it. Pure talent my man.

Lane, Cook, & Rudolph? They don't they are bunch of scrubs. Its all politics man.

Advertisement

Chad and Duke had senior seasons for-the-ages for state championship teams that absolutely could not be ignored AND dominated in all-star week practices. They didn't have mediocre senior years where they did very little in televised games like Lane did. Look at what happened with a guy like Yearby, who - according to everyone who saw him - looked faster and better as a senior, upping his YPC significantly - inexplicably dropping (though, tbh, I think he was too high to begin with... .but what caused THEM to drop him after flipping from FSU to UM?).

Rudolph, cook, Thomas and valentine all went nuts during the allstar week. If u dominate against the best players in America why wouldn't you go up?

The only guy I don't really understand is Lane. Thought he was underwhelming and soft. Would have though he would go down and not up

KC struggled the first day. He was the most impressive OL for the rest of the camp. Dashaun Hand said he was the toughest to go against all week. Numerous reports were made about how well he was looking. Your statement is incorrect.

KC struggled the first day. He was the most impressive OL for the rest of the camp. Dashaun Hand said he was the toughest to go against all week. Numerous reports were made about how well he was looking. Your statement is incorrect.

There were other reports that said that he did in fact struggle, but later improved and did well. As a fan you obviously only notice the positive. Outside of an indirect quote by Hand, which does speak volumes in itself, there was nothing whatsoever that stated he was the most impressive OL the rest of the camp. Also the vines of him getting beat were from two days in a row in 1 vs 1. Now I do realize that those drills favor the DL, and KC is a stud one way or another, but Im just pointing out that he did struggle. I similar issue was with LSU fans who swore up and down that Speedy Noil was absolutely unstoppable in practice and the best WR there, it turned out that while he was certainly doing well, the LSU writers were just pumping sunshine up their subscriber's asses and that Rudolph was having the better showing.

Advertisement
you have to take rankings for what they are which is just someone opinion and sometimes have politics and bias built in, so basically any of us could make our own top 100 players and it would be just as valid as this one from rivals.

So back to my question about the most talented S. Fla class in the last decade (according to Rivals)

#11 overall, #1 WR, 5 Star - Travis Rudolph
#13 overall, #3 RB, 5 Star - Sony Michel
#18 overall, #4 RB, 5 Star - Dalvin Cook
#22 overall, #3 DE, 5 Star - Chad Thomas
#28 overall, #5 WR, 5 Star - Ermon Lane
#59 overall, #3 DT, 4 Star - Trevonte Valentine
#62 overall, #7 RB, 4 Star - Joseph Yearby
#69 overall, #3 QB, 4 Star - Treon Harris

EIGHT South Florida kids in the top 70 players in the nation?

Then you still have elite prospects all in the top 200 like:

4* KC McDermott
4*Anthony Moten
4* Johnny Dixon
4* JC Jackson
4* Trevor Darling
4* Quincy Wilson
4* Brandon Powell
4* Sean White
4* Reilly Gibbons

And to add another crop of 4*'s:

Nigel Bethel, Chris Lammons, Richard Yeargin, Corey Holmes, Khari Clark, D'ernest Johnson, etc, etc

2008 was ridiculous in SFLA... but I think 2013 has it beat.

Shame we only have 2 of the top 8 kids locally. Need to get Valentine back badly.

Loaded! Huge whiff by this staff not pulling in a top 5 class. Add last year's ****** finish and its been an awful 2 years of recruiting. We got some good ones but way too many leaving.

Chad and Duke had senior seasons for-the-ages for state championship teams that absolutely could not be ignored AND dominated in all-star week practices. They didn't have mediocre senior years where they did very little in televised games like Lane did. Look at what happened with a guy like Yearby, who - according to everyone who saw him - looked faster and better as a senior, upping his YPC significantly - inexplicably dropping (though, tbh, I think he was too high to begin with... .but what caused THEM to drop him after flipping from FSU to UM?).

Duke had a senior season for the ages, no arguing that. Chad had a very good senior year but not one for the ages. He didnt set any crazy TFL or sack records. What Chad did do was go to camps where he proved he was the best against the best, and then reconfirmed at the All Star game, while anchoring the National Champs, but this season for the ages didnt happen. Also while Lane didnt have the senior year some anticipated, using the word mediocre is laughable, his stats were similar to his Junior year. His knock is his motor, but it was routinely reported that when he had to step his game up, he was a monster and did surprisingly well against the likes of Peppers. Also you didnt touch upon the AQM ranking. Yearby is still a top 60 player, and the highest Rivals had him at in the first place is 30 something, lets not act like that is some crazy drop. This whole thing that there is a conspiracy against Miami players is ridiculous, when I just mentioned 3 players 3 years in a row that were some of the biggest risers up the rankings. If the bias was true then they would have never gotten that high in the first place.

Don't forget Chick's jump after he balled playing opposite Clowney in the UA game. Without Clowney he doesn't win MVP and makes that jump. Miami kids get their proper due when they earn it. Sure some of these kids may be a tad overranked but their is no denying that they are top 50 talents. Many of the same things said about Lane were said about Coley. ****, Coley looked like he didnt even care at the UA game last year. If those kids or committed or leaning to Miami we wouldnt hear anyone complaining. But its always the cool thing to bash kids who arent coming here.

Advertisement
Back