Final Rivals 100

Advertisement
McDermott dropped out of the Top 100. Joke

Totally agree, but you know how these things work. I'm fairly certain McDermott didn't participate in many of the big camps, and I remember reading that he struggled a bit during the All-American Bowl practices. With rankings services, that can be a death knell.

I do agree though, he's a top 100 prospect for sure.

Chad #22.
Yearby #62.
Travis Rudolph: #11
Sony Michel: #13
Dalvin Cook: 18
Ermon Lane: #28
Travonte Valentine: #59
Treon Harris: #69

Talk about a desperation attempt to sell subs. Wow. Now that is a funny list. :ibisroflmao:

Advertisement
Joke Yearby at 62 and McDermott dropping out....and wish the FSU guys no success...

McDermott dropped out of the Top 100. Joke

Totally agree, but you know how these things work. I'm fairly certain McDermott didn't participate in many of the big camps, and I remember reading that he struggled a bit during the All-American Bowl practices. With rankings services, that can be a death knell.

I do agree though, he's a top 100 prospect for sure.

Not true.. McDermott dominated the UA practices and games and was called the best OL by rivals superhero number 1 guy, Hand, its a phucking joke

I remember reading that he struggled a bit during the All-American Bowl practices.

Most analyst there said he was the best OL... so did opposing DL.

Must have been thinking of someone else. Posted during practices:

Cam Underwood ‏@UnderwoodSports Dec 31
#1 DE recruit Da'Shawn Hand says #Canes commit OT Kc McDermott is the best OL he's faced at UA game practice.

Advertisement
Pretty funny if you actually track this stuff (like I do). It gives you a pretty interesting look at these rankings. For instance, Ermon Lane has gone down in every ranking since they came out. All of a sudden, he jumps 16 spots and earns a 5 star...but he was trending down every ranking? Guess who else did that? Dalvin Cook...jumped 12 spots in the last ranking after going down in every other ranking. That DT committed to UVA Andrew Brown never moved up or down more than 2 spots but on the last rankings he is down 24 spots? So you can lose your ranking that you've had for a year based on one week of work? It works both ways though. Guys like Chad Thomas, Speedy Noil and Travis Rudolph both have been climbing the rankings (and by big gains, too), so it's not surprising these evaluators gave them a big bump. These rankings are only a baseline to me. It's a good place to start, but other than that it's just makes good convo.

Those things are normally way off. Go back and look at past Rivals 100. A lot of those guys don't even pan out to he anything special.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Travonte could have been a 5 star if he had committed to LSU last week or if there were rumors he might flip to FSU.

Advertisement
Back