Final Four vs. UCONN - 4/1 8:49pm EDT on CBS

I'm not betting against us, but we definitely got the toughest draw in the Final Four. Apart from a midseason slump, UConn has been dominant. Still, this is the best I've ever seen our BB team look & it's not really close. Can't wait for Saturday. Go Canes

We are more battle tested than UConn.

We have gone through much tougher competition.

Advertisement
B0qw2cbCEAA2N6d.jpg

Advertisement
I watch a lot of Big East ball as I am a Xavier fan, and this UConn team is very talented and very physical. Xavier was able to sweep them this year by doing two things.
-Doubling Sango when he gets the ball on the block as he is a force in the paint, Big East leading scorer this year and is big time scorer down low.
-The second thing Xavier did was neutralize Jordan Hawkins who is a first round pick this year and a lights out shooter.

Canes have to lockdown the 3 point line as Hawkins will make them pay badly if they do that, Andre Jackson can not shoot but is a lockdown defender and more of a point forward, Miller will have to earn every bucket.Bench wise they have a good deep bench with their main contributer being Clingman a 7,1 freshman who is very good already.

Last edited:
Keys to the game is Omeir staying out of foul trouble as Sango will be a alot to handle as he likes to bang in the paint.
And Canes need to knock down 3s as UConn likes to pack the paint, should setup well for our guard play

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
How does UCONN stack up compared to:

#4 Indiana

#1 Houston

#2 Texas ?

I know UCONN played:

#5 Saint Marys

#8 Arkansas

#3 Gonzaga

Bout in my opinion I feel:

Indiana > Saint Marys
Houston > Arkansas
Texas > Gonzaga

I’m also not sure UCONN would make it through the GAUNTLET we went through.

Indiana: Elite Bigman, great post play and aggressive defense, lots of size, Beat Purdue 2x

Houston: Suffocating defense, lots of length, very scrappy & physical + Elite Coaching and finished 33-3

Texas: Elite offense/Defense, Fast & Lengthy team, very battle tested. Beat Kansas 2x

Who do we feel UCONN most resembles from who we’ve faced this season?

More importantly, how do we feel WE stack up ?

Advertisement
How does UCONN stack up compared to:

#4 Indiana

#1 Houston

#2 Texas ?

I know UCONN played:

#5 Saint Marys

#8 Arkansas

#3 Gonzaga

Bout in my opinion I feel:

Indiana > Saint Marys
Houston > Arkansas
Texas > Gonzaga

I’m also not sure UCONN would make it through the GAUNTLET we went through.

Indiana: Elite Bigman, great post play and aggressive defense, lots of size, Beat Purdue 2x

Houston: Suffocating defense, lots of length, very scrappy & physical + Elite Coaching and finished 33-3

Texas: Elite offense/Defense, Fast & Lengthy team, very battle tested. Beat Kansas 2x

Who do we feel UCONN most resembles from who we’ve faced this season?

More importantly, how do we feel WE stack up ?
UConn has more talent than any team we have faced this season.
They score inside and out.
Their big man Sanogo is a lottery pick (IMO)
Their back up big is 7’1” and will be very good in 1-2 seasons
Their Point-Forward Jackson runs their half court offense
They have a good freshman in Kanaba (may have the name wrong), and they have good bench play.

Their one weak spot (relative) to me is their guard play. They aren’t like Sasser, Rice or Carr.

UConn has more talent than any team we have faced this season.
They score inside and out.
Their big man Sanogo is a lottery pick (IMO)
Their back up big is 7’1” and will be very good in 1-2 seasons
Their Point-Forward Jackson runs their half court offense
They have a good freshman in Kanaba (may have the name wrong), and they have good bench play.

Their one weak spot (relative) to me is their guard play. They aren’t like Sasser, Rice or Carr.
Coach L can exploit this.

Advertisement
Back