Final Class Ranking O/U

RiDLer80

All-American
Currently sitting at 17 on 247's Composite Rankings. There's a lot of recruiting left to be done and rankings to be adjusted.

Let's set the O/U at 23.5

Do you think we'll have a higher (better) or lower (worse) class ranking than 23.5 when it's all said and done?

Advertisement
If you would have picked 25 or 26 I would take the higher. I think this class will fall into the 17-25 range regardless of the season outcome. Miami could (not at all likely) go on a dominant tear demolishing teams and the recruiting ranking wouldn't be affected all that much. Guys are mostly signing in December now, the decisions are made. Guys like Washington and Flowe have their bags and were never coming here even if Miami went 10-3. 23-24 seems about spot on. With how this season has went I'm actually fine with top 25 ranking so long as there are a lot of early enrollees, a lot of redshirts, and guys who won't turn tail and run at the first sign of adversity. The culture change at this point is way way more important than getting top talent. This team loses to teams significantly less talented than it. Shed the fat and bring in competition.

Miami is probably hoping to hang on to 20-22 of the guys they have and flip or get another 3-5 is my thoughts. None of the realistic targets are guys that would massively increase the recruiting rankings. I'm more concerned about this team finishing 7-6 or under and having a bunch of guys drop out of the class in November.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anywhere from 15-25 would be my realistic guess. I dont think we fall out of the top 25 but I also dont think we will sniff the top 10

Ima say 25-30 range...

we have no realistic big wigs to help push this class up.... all we can do is hold on to what we have.. grab some class fillers that will further knock down the total composite... not to mention other schools will close on the last uncommitted guys

Ima say 25-30 range...

we have no realistic big wigs to help push this class up.... all we can do is hold on to what we have.. grab some class fillers that will further knock down the total composite... not to mention other schools will close on the last uncommitted guys
Adding players does not knock down the composite score only the average ranking which doesnt count towards ranking. Even if we dont land anyone else I cant see us falling to 30 with what we already have

not worried about class ranking...Rankings aren't always accurate. Let's evaluate, go after the top guys with all we got, try our damndest to avoid prima donna bust-types, and then get the right 2nd tier guys.

Advertisement
Adding players does not knock down the composite score only the average ranking which doesnt count towards ranking. Even if we dont land anyone else I cant see us falling to 30 with what we already have

you dont think people begin to jump us?

Advertisement
you dont think people begin to jump us?
We're number 17. Behind us, no team has a higher per player average which means that if they keep recruiting how they are recruiting and we keep recruiting how we are, we should remain in front of them. Only if a team starts landing studs out of nowhere would they pass us. That or they take a class much larger than ours

I'm going over cause a class mainly made up of 2-3 stars even if they all WANT to be Canes is not going to get you in the top 25 unless you sign a class of 35-40..lol

I'm just praying Chaney doesn't bolt for greener pastures especially with Lo seemingly headed to the portal according to rumors.

Advertisement
if we win all our games left on the regular season schedule I bet it is higher, because we will lock in a decent amount in the early signing period with a little momentum.

I think it is more likely though that we lose at least another game or two, and we will be worse. I don't see us pulling any surprise high ranked recruits that would bump us up. I expect to more or less stay where we are from a points position, with a couple drops and a couple adds but the other teams with smaller classes will start to fill up and jump us.

Find me moar 15s that were 3* kids out of position. See the Sebring kid. See DJ Dallas. Just find kids that will do anything to help their team win including playing QB or S which isn't their go-to spot in College.

I think we'll do better than 23.5, but not by too much. My best guess... composite will land us somewhere in the mid to high teens.

All things considered, still likely a fail by the staff.

Advertisement
Back