Final Bowl Ban Thread

Duke is our bowl game. I expect to rock them.

I'm extremely excited for the future. Can't wait to hear reaction from some of the recruits and current players that had expressed concern.

you mean the recruits who may or may not be here anyway ?

I mean the recruits that I personally know have expressed concern over how sanctions will affect them and consider it the basis of their decision(s). If you think their mentality isn't reflected within our own team, I don't know what to say. It's not speculation. It's a fact.

Advertisement

I'm extremely excited for the future. Can't wait to hear reaction from some of the recruits and current players that had expressed concern.

I mean the recruits that I personally know have expressed concern over how sanctions will affect them and consider it the basis of their decision(s). If you think their mentality isn't reflected within our own team, I don't know what to say. It's not speculation. It's a fact.

Cool, let me know when their signing their LOI.

I keep hearing this morning (O on Sileio) about the school expecting 3 YEAR BAN and 20 schollies, meaning no bowl next year either! This would be pretty absurd. Giving up 3 post-season games, full restitution, player suspensions, full cooperation, new compliance oversight procedures, etc. etc. We've gone above and beyond to show contrition and cooperate and they'd still hit us with an additional ban? You gotta be fackin kidding me. I hope whoever Omar is talking to is full of it because it just aint right.

Omar Kelly and Dan Sileo? A real Algonquin roundtable right there. They have no ****ing clue.

Sileo also teased that "other schools are going to be recruiting Duke Johnson to transfer"

What does this mean towards are sanctions? Are they that bad then?

They must have felt they were bad or they were never have done this. Tough move. but the right call. It's all about keeping Golden now. Lose him, and the program is dead forever.

Minnimum bowl ban was going to be 2 people

The dude snitched then our ***king equipment manager thought he was TMZ

They suspended the players involved + 2 year bowl ban

The only things left are show cause for Stoutland, Hurtt, Aubrey Hill, and Panu + whatever schollies we lose and I'm gonna guess the NCAA will be lenient since we've been compliant

I don't know what will happen, but that sounds reasonable to me. If there is no benefit to being extremely cooperative with the NCAA, it will send a message to other schools that I don't think the NCAA wants to send.

I keep hearing this morning (O on Sileio) about the school expecting 3 YEAR BAN and 20 schollies, meaning no bowl next year either! This would be pretty absurd. Giving up 3 post-season games, full restitution, player suspensions, full cooperation, new compliance oversight procedures, etc. etc. We've gone above and beyond to show contrition and cooperate and they'd still hit us with an additional ban? You gotta be fackin kidding me. I hope whoever Omar is talking to is full of it because it just aint right.

Omar Kelly and Dan Sileo? A real Algonquin roundtable right there. They have no ****ing clue.

Sileo is an **** clown, but Omar still has contacts in Hect. Not the only one saying it either. I hope they're wrong. What we've done should be enough for what's been alleged.

What does this mean towards are sanctions? Are they that bad then?

They must have felt they were bad or they were never have done this. Tough move. but the right call. It's all about keeping Golden now. Lose him, and the program is dead forever.

The only things left are show cause for Stoutland, Hurtt, Aubrey Hill, and Panu + whatever schollies we lose and I'm gonna guess the NCAA will be lenient since we've been compliant

I don't know what will happen, but that sounds reasonable to me. If there is no benefit to being extremely cooperative with the NCAA, it will send a message to other schools that I don't think the NCAA wants to send.

Sileo is an **** clown, but Omar still has contacts in Hect. Not the only one saying it either. I hope they're wrong. What we've done should be enough for what's been alleged.

Anyone recall the sanctions we got in the 90's? Would be interesting to compare with the above statements.

Advertisement

Anyone recall the sanctions we got in the 90's? Would be interesting to compare with the above statements.

To me there is no way that they can be worse than what we got in the 90s. We basically stole money from the Federal Government.

SevenNSeven mentioned this about a month ago.....makes sense to me.

I was reading about some other school's sanctions some years ago, and the school president, after the fact, talked about giving themselves a post season ban. Basically said to the effect of, you institute the first one to show that you're serious about the allegations, but you make them take the second one away, because there's no guarantee they will, or that they won't put another one on you anyway.
I think there is some merit to this line of thinking but I have to trust that the administration is making the best decision given the information they have available. My personal opinion is that the NCAA is going to give us an additional bowl ban regardless of how many we self impose, just to flex their muscle and make a statement. But who knows. We're all just grasping at straws at this point.

We lost 30 schollies and one bowl ban in 1995.

But in the current investigation, one would surmise with UM's full cooperation, the imposed suspensions on players already, UM payback of Shapiro's money, the two self-imposed postseason bans, with virtually individual even remotely connected to Shapiro no longer associated with the program, the recent precedence that NCAA punishes the coach (not the program), and the fact that the NCAA has dragged their asses on this investigation for 2 years, the NCAA should mitigate UM's penalties significantly.

However, I'm fully aware the world isn't a fair place. And the NCAA is notorious for imposing capricious and draconian penalties against certain programs, while other programs skate.

Yea...but if they hammer us for 3 years of bans. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF COOPERATING? You telling me what UM did with full cooperation gets you 1 less than Pedo State??

GARBAGE!

Advertisement

Is this a serious "why"?

Have you looked at the punishments UCF and North Carolina received for worse infractions?

Please provide your sources that suggest Miami's infractions are worse than UCF's.

You have no idea what NCAA has dug up.

Shapiro, and that yahoo story, have already aired out all allegations. What more source on supposed infractions do you need?

Kyle Wright laughs at you.

You don't think that was already known? Kyle just snitched his story out late, the substance of it was already out.

Has any other school in recent memory imposed two consecutive postseason bans?

I have to believe recruits will be relieved that we are taking another bowl ban now instead of when they get on campus. Seems like this should further help with the pending sanctions which should also help recruiting.

Advertisement
This was the only move.

And if the team is upset and they should be then they should go handle it like men. If your a senior go put one more game of film on there for the scouts. If your coming back show the coaches and everyone else no one is keeping you off the field next year.

McGee and James should get senior bowl invites. That and a good combination he can get them drafted

Advertisement
McGee and James should get senior bowl invites. That and a good combination he can get them drafted

James aint getting drafted. McGee, I have a feeling will be one of the steal's of the draft.

I think the steal of this class will be Davon Johnson. The kid will show that he's a burner at the combine and we all know he's got the best hands on the team. McGee will follow in Sam Shields' footsteps and be a solid pro.

James aint getting drafted. McGee, I have a feeling will be one of the steal's of the draft.

I think the steal of this class will be Davon Johnson. The kid will show that he's a burner at the combine and we all know he's got the best hands on the team. McGee will follow in Sam Shields' footsteps and be a solid pro.

Unfortunately, Davon may not have the chance to fully show his stuff at the combine. He'll be maybe 5 months removed from ACL surgery. I think he'll get a crack at playing in the NFL, though.

Man this really sucks. Feel terrible for Mike James. Your last game played is at Duke. Not cool

As opposed to playing in the Sedano's toilet bowl on Dec 9th?

Since when has this program been about going to 3rd rate bowls and losing 5 games a year? Would you rather tell Mike James and a relatively small senior class they are going to miss their bowl or have to tell a larger senior class next year or even 2 years from now that THEY won't get to go to a bowl?

It sucks no matter what...but it 's the right move to take the lumps now.

exactly.

Advertisement
Back