Final Bowl Ban Thread

Advertisement
Finally...closure

Scholly reductions are honestly window dressing at this point. There are ways around the scholarship reductions and the reason that USC has lost 4 games has nothing to do with the scholly reductions. Their cupboard is full of talent. Time to move forward and now this staff gets a jump in '13 and '14 classes. Hopefully our guys get in the weight room and our coaches start supplementing this team with what it needs to be a champion.

Agree with this on scholly reductions. If Miami loses 5 schollies a year for 3 years (15 total), that means they take 1 less WR, OL, LB, TE, and DB per year. We have at least one of each on the team right now that's dead weight. Just have to be good at evaluations. Butch built a great team in the middle of scholly reductions.

Ultimately the right decision but it still stings. The only reservation I have about taking the ban is that the f*cking NCAA can still do whatever they **** they want. There is no guarantee that taking the ban now = no future bowl bans or scholarship reductions as part of our punishment. Passing up a chance to play in the ACCCG is tough to swallow considering how long it has taken us to even have this opportunity. Plus I absolutely hate the thought of GA Tech backing into the championship game again. I'd almost rather lose to Duke just to keep Georgia Tech out.

Advertisement
Welp

ACC will just make sure that Duke wins on Saturday

Expect Ron Cherry to giveus the business

Why? What does Duke winning mean? It doesn't benefit the ACC. GT is the Coastal representative now.

Duke wins it legitimately and the ACC saves face bcuz the actual winner (IMAIM) can't go.

And the 2nd place finisher (Heels) cant either

They'd be sending a 3rd place GT team that doesnt deserve ****.

Duke WILL advance. Holding calls galore for IMAIM

So Duke advances at 4-4 over a 5-3 Georgia Tech team:mmkay:

Duke is our bowl game. I expect to rock them.

I'm extremely excited for the future. Can't wait to hear reaction from some of the recruits and current players that had expressed concern.

I'm extremely excited for the future. Can't wait to hear reaction from some of the recruits and current players that had expressed concern.

I hope so, because we heard last year that BC was our bowl game.

This is a different team than last year. Our main guys will be here next year. If we lose, it has less to do with a mental letdown and more to do with the fact we can't cover anyone.

Advertisement

This is a different team than last year. Our main guys will be here next year. If we lose, it has less to do with a mental letdown and more to do with the fact we can't cover anyone.

I agree, and I said that in another thread, but I just can't get last year's BC game out of my head. I know this year's team doesn't have as many "me" guys, and less seniors and juniors ready to bolt, so I think (hope) the younger guys do treat this as a stepping stone for 2013. It's better too, that Duke has nothing to play for. No ACCG berth, and they are already bowl eligible.

SevenNSeven mentioned this about a month ago.....makes sense to me.

I was reading about some other school's sanctions some years ago, and the school president, after the fact, talked about giving themselves a post season ban. Basically said to the effect of, you institute the first one to show that you're serious about the allegations, but you make them take the second one away, because there's no guarantee they will, or that they won't put another one on you anyway.

you mean the recruits who may or may not be here anyway ?

Someone brought this up earlier, but do schools cooperate with the NCAA, if after all we've done, they still hammer us?

Advertisement
Here is my thinking and possible logic. Now we have taken 2 bowl bans, this is on par with USC and more than UNC and OSU, Penn St recieved a 4 year bowl ban. The utmost that the NCAA can do now is 1 more. If they impose more than that they will be sending the message that "boats and hoes" = a 30 year predator and child molester. That is a connection that even the most staunch Miami haters will make.

Finally...closure

Scholly reductions are honestly window dressing at this point. There are ways around the scholarship reductions and the reason that USC has lost 4 games has nothing to do with the scholly reductions. Their cupboard is full of talent. Time to move forward and now this staff gets a jump in '13 and '14 classes. Hopefully our guys get in the weight room and our coaches start supplementing this team with what it needs to be a champion.

i really hope it is indeed a closure. if we get ANY more punishment besides probation or fines on us, then ***** the NCAA.

also, i hope we run up the score on Duke and do some dirty dancing.

i want to see Cotton Bowl against Texas level beatdown this Saturday

Advertisement
I keep hearing this morning (O on Sileio) about the school expecting 3 YEAR BAN and 20 schollies, meaning no bowl next year either! This would be pretty absurd. Giving up 3 post-season games, full restitution, player suspensions, full cooperation, new compliance oversight procedures, etc. etc. We've gone above and beyond to show contrition and cooperate and they'd still hit us with an additional ban? You gotta be fackin kidding me. I hope whoever Omar is talking to is full of it because it just aint right.

Its the right move. Those who feel otherwise are letting their frustration get in the way of their judgment or they just don't understand the situation. You think Ohio State is happy that they rewarded last years 6-6 team with a Gator Bowl loss?

Now we can move on. Let's beat the **** out of Duke and build some momentum for what should be a great 2013.

I keep hearing this morning (O on Sileio) about the school expecting 3 YEAR BAN and 20 schollies, meaning no bowl next year either! This would be pretty absurd. Giving up 3 post-season games, full restitution, player suspensions, full cooperation, new compliance oversight procedures, etc. etc. We've gone above and beyond to show contrition and cooperate and they'd still hit us with an additional ban? You gotta be fackin kidding me. I hope whoever Omar is talking to is full of it because it just aint right.

Omar Kelly and Dan Sileo? A real Algonquin roundtable right there. They have no ******* clue.

Advertisement
Back