McFarland 160

Notable opponents
UGA Smart is killing it up there 15 in final 247
FSU Jimbo still rolling 9 in final 247
Clemson Dobo doing some work 6 in final 247

Florida Horse teeth might need to be put down only 2 in final247

Last edited:
Advertisement
I give zero sh-@s what we are ranked recruiting wise.

The recruiting sites hardly give us any respect. I won't give them traffic

Advertisement
Edit: Never mind, I believe I was looking at the composite rankings. I don't understand why they don't use their own evaluations for team rankings if they actually do have any confidence in them.

Last edited:
Edit: Never mind, I believe I was looking at the composite rankings. I don't understand why they don't use their own evaluations for team rankings if they actually do have any confidence in them.

Because the lure of that site to the viewers is the composite...its what separates them from the pack.

Lugenbill (I know) was just on the radio in Jax & admitted Team Rankings are a complete waste of time. It's all to sell subscriptions, so the sites with higher numbers get a bump on their players. All about money.

Advertisement
So looking at the ESPN 300, there are 17 recruits from SFL listed. SFL being treasure coast down not counting west coast. We have 5 committed. To me I am unimpressed so far with the recruiting of this staff. Hopefully they get some flips or commits and we will see. IMO we can't be getting less thank 1/3 of the elite kids down here.

Because the lure of that site to the viewers is the composite...its what separates them from the pack.

How are they allowed to make money off of other outlets evaluations?

So looking at the ESPN 300, there are 17 recruits from SFL listed. SFL being treasure coast down not counting west coast. We have 5 committed. To me I am unimpressed so far with the recruiting of this staff. Hopefully they get some flips or commits and we will see. IMO we can't be getting less thank 1/3 of the elite kids down here.

Thats pretty much the sentiment throughout the board I believe

and 247 still doesn't have them updated so i class rank reflects their jump......

Advertisement

THIS x 1000. Such nonsense . As if there is any difference between the 50th player and the 350th player. We have alot of studs committed and will add 4-6 more along with a few long term guys and will end up with a top 15 class though rankings are overrated.

We ain't going to be able to recruit with FSU or Clemson until we win . Once that happens it will make a huge difference. UM has been average as **** since 2005 and kids notice things like that. To get a top 15 class like we will this season with all that being said is **** impressive . UF is struggling ( moreso then us ) due to how bad their offenses look as kids want to go where they can be successful and UF isn't the place either.

Advertisement

THIS x 1000. Such nonsense . As if there is any difference between the 50th player and the 350th player. We have alot of studs committed and will add 4-6 more along with a few long term guys and will end up with a top 15 class though rankings are overrated.

I have no data but based on our free boards over the many years I've been following online, we probably have one of the lowest paid subscription rates for any Power 5 team. I think most contributors try to be somewhat impartial but at the end of the day this is a product they are putting out there to make money, there is going to be sensationalism, especially towards the fan-bases that are paying the most.

247, Rivals, etc are great at ranking the obvious top 10 players in the country.

Otherwise they are worthless.

How is the best player at the Under Armour game (Jeff Thomas) not a 5 star?

It boggles the mind.

If he was committed to Ohio St or Bama I guarantee you he would be.

We ain't going to be able to recruit with FSU or Clemson until we win . Once that happens it will make a huge difference. UM has been average as **** since 2005 and kids notice things like that. To get a top 15 class like we will this season with all that being said is **** impressive . UF is struggling ( moreso then us ) due to how bad their offenses look as kids want to go where they can be successful and UF isn't the place either.

Saban went 7-6 and signed the #1 class his first full year. Jimbo lost 4 games and signed the #1 class in 2011. Kirby lost 5 games including losing to Vandy and is signing a insane class this year

Excuses are for losers.

Advertisement
Back