Comments (30)

Nice film breakdown, Landon. Good to see that his recognition is so quick, which allows him to play fast.

Kinda crazy seeing him lined up next to Samson. Pancake is not a small guy yet Congdon makes him look like a basketball player.
 
After watching that breakdown it’s clear that SJ’s struggles are much more than physical. Cogdon needs to be the starter going forward, he’ll take his bumps but by year end his development will strengthen the OL into a playoff caliber line. Especially if one of Buchanan/Meriweather does the same at RG
 
I need to see against Clemson’s tackles and blitz package to feel solid but I feel like we got ourselves a LG. He gets a little stiff at times but we need him, Meriweather and Buchanan to play BiG BOY football for us to be a legit playoff team! Great film session.
 
Early on in the second series, Congdon's first, there was a play where he pulled, went through the hole and hit the LB. I knew right there we were cooking with gas. Congdon is the truth. He's raw. He's young. But he's a good one.
If that’s the one where he blocked the 2 guys I was more impressed with his patience to let the play develop. Too many OL just run through the hole, don’t see anyone initially and just keep going letting the LB fill behind them. He slowed, got his base and locked up the 2 defenders letting Mallory get another 8+ yards
 
If that’s the one where he blocked the 2 guys I was more impressed with his patience to let the play develop. Too many OL just run through the hole, don’t see anyone initially and just keep going letting the LB fill behind them. He slowed, got his base and locked up the 2 defenders letting Mallory get another 8+ yards

I believe it was that play, but don't hold me to it. I saw him do exactly as you described. On the film breakdown, Landon kept talking about Ben's football IQ jumping off the screen. That play you're talking about is a prime example.
 
Back
Top