Film Review- Tommy Kennedy

Honestly, I saw issues with strength on his tape, but I discounted how much lesser the competition was. Meaning, if he was having issues with the strength of an FCS defensive line, I should've expected that to get exponentially worse at a place like Miami.

This analysis is a miss already. Officials are saying behind the scenes that Kennedy was not what they expected and that includes me. I had him as an average LT among the returning players in the ACC and that was way off. Definitely an evaluation to learn from.

Hopefully he works into better shape as the season goes along and still provides depth.

Way to own it @Lance Roffers

Advertisement
Sucks to miss on an eval but we were in a spot where we desperately needed a T and he was one of the best available.

Honestly, I saw issues with strength on his tape, but I discounted how much lesser the competition was. Meaning, if he was having issues with the strength of an FCS defensive line, I should've expected that to get exponentially worse at a place like Miami.

This analysis is a miss already. Officials are saying behind the scenes that Kennedy was not what they expected and that includes me. I had him as an average LT among the returning players in the ACC and that was way off. Definitely an evaluation to learn from.

Hopefully he works into better shape as the season goes along and still provides depth.
We’ve only had 5 practices lol. This kid may develop like crazy in the next few months. Give him time to get acclimated.

We’ve only had 5 practices lol. This kid may develop like crazy in the next few months. Give him time to get acclimated.

That's true but he's already been moved to C after hoping he would be the LT we needed. And he's being pushed around by a sophomore DT. I get Nesta is a beast but this kid is a 5th year player, one would hope he could hold his own against an under classman.

Lance was hardly alone on this one. Lots of programs were offering the kid. I was hoping his agility and technique could offset some of the strength deficiency and he could be a pass protecting tackle who maybe didn't run block very well. Hopefully he can contribute somewhere next year.

Advertisement
Sorry but didn’t he play Left tackle for the past three years and now we’re training him at center(during media portion). From all of his interviews he sounds like a very determined kid so I’m hoping he uses all of his early struggles as motivation.

It’s just too early to call a kid who’s been on campus for 3 months.

Advertisement
Sorry but didn’t he play Left tackle for the past three years and now we’re training him at center(during media portion). From all of his interviews he sounds like a very determined kid so I’m hoping he uses all of his early struggles as motivation.

It’s just too early to call a kid who’s been on campus for 3 months.
For us maybe. But coaches know. I've been a coach, and you know early on who can play and who can't. Occasionally guys in that 2nd tier surprise you, and I'm sure they're working to try to get Kennedy to a point where he can provide depth, but it sure sounds like hopes of penciling him in as an experienced LT are gone.

Remember NCAA 14 when u recruited a player his overall could go up, down, even, gem, or bust. Kennedy happens to be the red bust. I'd rather Nesta expose him in practice than a Gator week 0.

Agreed, hopefully it’s a wake up call that he needs to live in the weight room and at the training table this off-season.

Advertisement
Cmon bro take off your homer shades

Dude is struggling in the Strength and Body shape dept

He’s not fixing those in the next 3/4 months... it is what it is and a miss. Goes to show you need to really hit on your evals in the trenches otherwise you take risks on these Lower level portal guys

I thought Kennedy's fast feet would give him an advantage at tackle, can't believe he's as weak as is being discussed. This is so disappointing.

2016 and 2019 were/are total busts for OL recruiting, and we have no 5th-years from 2015 except two failed weakling transfers in Kennedy and Brown. You can't win championships with 2 decent classes out of 5. Got to hope Herbert and Campbell can hold down the fort, maybe Brown has caught up a little in the strength department to help out.

Advertisement
Cmon bro take off your homer shades

Dude is struggling in the Strength and Body shape dept

He’s not fixing those in the next 3/4 months... it is what it is and a miss. Goes to show you need to really hit on your evals in the trenches otherwise you take risks on these Lower level portal guys
I’m not. My main point is that we’ve only heard of him at Center. Let’s talk after he gets an opportunity at Tackle before saying he’s a bust. He might flourish at OT. If he’s a bust, cool it’s only a wasted scholly for 1 year.

If lack of strength is his biggest issue, why did they move him inside where strength is more of a premium? Some of the best NFL tackles are finesse guys.
You can be a finesse C too - you're often double blocking someone. It's all about how good your technique is, how agile you are and most importantly how smart you are. It's a savvy move to shift him to C to see if they can get something out of him.

At OT, especialy LT, you're on your own. If he's not physically up to it at the P5 level then he'll get eaten alive out there.

Remember NCAA 14 when u recruited a player his overall could go up, down, even, gem, or bust. Kennedy happens to be the red bust. I'd rather Nesta expose him in practice than a Gator week 0.
Fact, and get one of our qbs injured

Advertisement
Back