Film Review of FSU Game

Every time I read these I realize more and more that I don't know **** about football

Advertisement
jaysus it would be week 8 by the time I finished reading all that, but I appreciate the effort

This seems to be common feedback. Got through the biggest game at least. Maybe I'll cut them down moving forward.

I'm guessing my writing is more niche writing.
Don't change a **** thing. If people have ADD that bad that's their problem.

And Matthew Thomas deserves to be a Seminole.

He's a scumbag. Dirty player. Talks **** and doesn't back it up. Clearly operating with less than a full deck. Also not very good.

The officials even had a huge gaffe on the final play of the game.
FSU had two players wearing number 29 on the final kickoff. None of the officials caught it.

Great read.

Couple things. I know I'm gonna get down voted to oblivion but we gotta stop crowning everyone elite off games vs inferior opponents.

1) Mark Walton is not elite. I HATE to say it but his vision is still terrible. There were so many holes at time but he somehow managed to get the least amount of yards possible. On that 2 yard run I nearly lost it because an Elite back scores a TD with those blocks or at least get more then just 2 yards off those great blocks. When he had the outside run then he cut behind Berrios bro I don't care what you say, even on a bum ankle he should at least got the FD. Now I do understand that the O-line hasn't always been good but Mark Walton has never ran for more then 50 yards TOTAL against rivals ND, FSU, or VT his entire career here. He can run for 180 yards against Toledo all he wants but when it time to ball he show up small to many time for me to really be that devastated going forward. I'm more devastated at the depth at RB then Mark Walton although his pass blocking will be missed which is the only thing I consider elite from him, but in term of his production on the ground? It ain't that big of a loss honestly anyone can rush for under 50 yards against ND or VT. Keep in mind I'm talking about his entire career here not just this year as he is hurting but some of those runs vs FSU with great blocks was just tragic. I'm sorry I just said to say it.

2) Our Defense isn't elite. I consider our defense as a TRUE bend but don't break defense as we don't give up much points. We're not statically good at anything right now in terms of yardage. 80th against the pass and 62nd against the run. That is NOT good. Honestly, that is pretty average if not below it if you asked me. To many mental breakdowns and no discipline/missed assignment behind the D-line especially at LB. Also, you can't allow a team with a true freshman QB going into the game to have a run game to depend on. Any elite defense would of forced blackman to throw the ball 35-40+ times but instead we let them run for 200. THATS NOT ELITE. How do you let a bruiser back bust for 54 and 30 yards on you? A BRUISER BACK. Dude was basically a FB if you asked me.

3) Our LB aren't Bermuda 2.0. Not even close. Best 3 LB we've had in a while but they need to play better especially in the run game. It feels like they all regressed from their Fr. year. I don't know man, maybe we need a new LB coach because it not a good sign that they are regressing and making more freshman mistakes then when they were actual freshman with a full year and a half of college coaching with the talent they have. Concerning.

4) Our front 7 is not elite. I'm sorry, but I can't consider you elite until you can shutdown the run and hold teams to 3.4 yards per rush in the game and on the season. PERIOD. Our D-line need to make more plays in the run game by clogging the middle, getting off blocks, and making tackles for 2-3 yard gains. Also, WRAP UP LBs. I get it you got stronger in the off-season with Gus and the gang but so does your opponents. I'm tired of these missed tackles and poor gap discipline because it getting on my nerves.

5) The LBs and Refs tried their hardest to give the game to FSU. They REALLY tried. The refs were MAD questionable and the LB refused to do their jobs then you had the announcers insulting my intelligence like I ain't just see helmet to helmet without needing replay w/ the QB's helmet coming off. SMH.

DO BETTER!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Your post was not elite.

DO BETTER.

Repped +1

Couple of questions- What's the verdict so far on Donaldson? Seems like in nearly every game someone is pointing out him getting beat. Is it just an occasional freshman mistake or was he pressed into service too early and just doesn't have strength yet to start? Didn't seem like he was missed much on final drive. Who did we finish the game with on OL? Looked like regular starters but with Gaynor replacing Big Vaughn.

[MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION] I thought Delaney played out of his mind this game! He has really stepped it up. But watching the game back and him getting tripped up on that interception made me furious as well. But it has been nice to see him bounce back.

Advertisement
Great read.

Couple things. I know I'm gonna get down voted to oblivion but we gotta stop crowning everyone elite off games vs inferior opponents.

1) Mark Walton is not elite. I HATE to say it but his vision is still terrible. There were so many holes at time but he somehow managed to get the least amount of yards possible. On that 2 yard run I nearly lost it because an Elite back scores a TD with those blocks or at least get more then just 2 yards off those great blocks. When he had the outside run then he cut behind Berrios bro I don't care what you say, even on a bum ankle he should at least got the FD. Now I do understand that the O-line hasn't always been good but Mark Walton has never ran for more then 50 yards TOTAL against rivals ND, FSU, or VT his entire career here. He can run for 180 yards against Toledo all he wants but when it time to ball he show up small to many time for me to really be that devastated going forward. I'm more devastated at the depth at RB then Mark Walton although his pass blocking will be missed which is the only thing I consider elite from him, but in term of his production on the ground? It ain't that big of a loss honestly anyone can rush for under 50 yards against ND or VT. Keep in mind I'm talking about his entire career here not just this year as he is hurting but some of those runs vs FSU with great blocks was just tragic. I'm sorry I just said to say it.

2) Our Defense isn't elite. I consider our defense as a TRUE bend but don't break defense as we don't give up much points. We're not statically good at anything right now in terms of yardage. 80th against the pass and 62nd against the run. That is NOT good. Honestly, that is pretty average if not below it if you asked me. To many mental breakdowns and no discipline/missed assignment behind the D-line especially at LB. Also, you can't allow a team with a true freshman QB going into the game to have a run game to depend on. Any elite defense would of forced blackman to throw the ball 35-40+ times but instead we let them run for 200. THATS NOT ELITE. How do you let a bruiser back bust for 54 and 30 yards on you? A BRUISER BACK. Dude was basically a FB if you asked me.

3) Our LB aren't Bermuda 2.0. Not even close. Best 3 LB we've had in a while but they need to play better especially in the run game. It feels like they all regressed from their Fr. year. I don't know man, maybe we need a new LB coach because it not a good sign that they are regressing and making more freshman mistakes then when they were actual freshman with a full year and a half of college coaching with the talent they have. Concerning.

4) Our front 7 is not elite. I'm sorry, but I can't consider you elite until you can shutdown the run and hold teams to 3.4 yards per rush in the game and on the season. PERIOD. Our D-line need to make more plays in the run game by clogging the middle, getting off blocks, and making tackles for 2-3 yard gains. Also, WRAP UP LBs. I get it you got stronger in the off-season with Gus and the gang but so does your opponents. I'm tired of these missed tackles and poor gap discipline because it getting on my nerves.

5) The LBs and Refs tried their hardest to give the game to FSU. They REALLY tried. The refs were MAD questionable and the LB refused to do their jobs then you had the announcers insulting my intelligence like I ain't just see helmet to helmet without needing replay w/ the QB's helmet coming off. SMH.

DO BETTER!

Great post, this D has been average at best all year long. We have 3 teams left on our schedule with much better offenses then anyone we've played so far, GT, VT & ND. If they don't improve, we are in trouble.

Mark Waltons stop and start style may unfortunately lead to more of these types of injuries in the future, he goes into contact with no leverage and gets torn down a lot when he doesn't get a full head of steam, and he's not big enough to take that pounding

Advertisement
Great stuff, vision. My only nit is regarding your comment on Rosie’s lack of touch on balls. I actually think he has the best touch on balls (esp deep ones) we’ve had here in 10+ years.

Great stuff, vision. My only nit is regarding your comment on Rosie’s lack of touch on balls. I actually think he has the best touch on balls (esp deep ones) we’ve had here in 10+ years.

My observation is more concerning touch passes around the line of scrimmage, screens, WR screens, horizontal throws that need nuance. He tends to throw it straight and hard, rather than soft and over defenders and in stride for the receiver.

Malik Rosier is really proving me wrong. I didn't expect this. I thought he'd transfer out when we recruited him. I was totally wrong.

Advertisement

My observation is more concerning touch passes around the line of scrimmage, screens, WR screens, horizontal throws that need nuance. He tends to throw it straight and hard, rather than soft and over defenders and in stride for the receiver.

Malik Rosier is really proving me wrong. I didn't expect this. I thought he'd transfer out when we recruited him. I was totally wrong.

our 3 TD's in the game do not agree with your comment

Don't change anything man this is great work. This site needs more of this type of thing talking actual football. I look fwd to these breakdowns.

Advertisement
Back