Film Breakdown - Perry

Advertisement
On the seam route, I'm going to guess Richt said, "**** of a throw, but..."
Agree with you on the pass, a thing of beauty, but his pass to JT over the middle with a CB covering him and a safety coming over, he put a beautiful pass in there for JT to catch. Will say if the CB turns it could of been picked, but another example of his accuracy.
It was literally impossible for them to pick that pass off, perfect ball placement

No such thing. It was a great throw, but a wise coach once said, if the receiver can catch the ball, so can the DB.
The ball was elevated high enough and thrown with enough velocity that put it in a spot where Thomas can only catch, the db could not make a play on that ball

The ball was elevated high enough and thrown with enough velocity that put it in a spot where Thomas can only catch, the db could not make a play on that ball

Bro, you're missing the point. It's a situational throw that he cannot be in the habit of trying to make all the time. It's not a high percentage play, which is why it was so great.

Advertisement
I always liked the ease in Perry's release, even in his high school highlight tapes. The ball just jumps off his fingers in a hurry but his motion is nice and relaxed, It never looks like he's trying to put extra torque on the ball. The more subtle aspects (as mentioned in the article) are all coaching. Looking off safeties, manipulating DBs with the slightest shoulder feint. That's NFL stuff. Even some of the best college QBs can't do that stuff consistently.

I like the quote about him feeling pressure and moving out of the pocket to throw and not moving out to run. That was something Malik never did and couldn't throw on the run anyway.

First sign of pressure, Malik had the ball tucked looking to get back to the LOS or maybe 2-3 yards. Perry looking for the guys downfield knowing the D can't stay with or receivers for too long... somebody will be open if you can avoid the pressure and keep your eyes up.

Bro, you're missing the point. It's a situational throw that he cannot be in the habit of trying to make all the time. It's not a high percentage play, which is why it was so great.
And he’s improving on that, how many balls did he put in harms way vs FSU? Not many if any at all

Loved the article, clearly shows we have a talented still growing QB. CMR and specifically Jon have gotten a ton of criticism from us, this article demonstrate a very well coached QB, ahead of most SR Heisman trophy contending QBs in his abilities/skill set, it states Perry its not great in practice so our coaches have done an extra great job with him.

Lets now make sure he stays level headed and continues to grow as a player, leader and student!

Advertisement
I usually hate 7 on 7 crap tag football, but there was a thread on here last year where I commented that the thing that gave me the most hope with Perry was his ability to manipulate defenses at full speed with his eyes and then quickly get the ball out knowing where his receiver would be. That’s super fast info processing, and that’s one major key to being a great QB.

Guys can have huge arms and run like the wind, but if they can’t process a ton of info quickly under duress they’ll never be top QBs. Perry’s strength in doing exactly that gives me great hope. He should only get better at it as he gets more comfortable.

It was literally impossible for them to pick that pass off, perfect ball placement
THese guys on here crack me up. They’ve been crying for years for a dynamic QB, and then when they get one who can complete tight passes into minuscule windows they bytch because the defender was too close.

For great QBs, covered is open. It’s almost impossible to defend great passes. You can’t have a QB who only throws to wide open receivers.

Call me crazy, but w/ Perry at the helm, I really think UM could beat Clemson. Their CBs cant hang w/ our WRs, and quick throws to rb, brevin, or mallory would offset the rush that d-line generates. He has the skill to do it, but need to find an o-line that works, stick w/ that, and give the offense better playcalling. Really think it could happen

Advertisement
Advertisement
That laser up the seem to JT4 and the dime to Brevin will go down in history in this rivalry. Can’t rememeber a better sequence by a Cane QB in a long time.

Call me crazy, but w/ Perry at the helm, I really think UM could beat Clemson. Their CBs cant hang w/ our WRs, and quick throws to rb, brevin, or mallory would offset the rush that d-line generates. He has the skill to do it, but need to find an o-line that works, stick w/ that, and give the offense better playcalling. Really think it could happen

The offensive line will have to make a complete 180 for us to be able to beat Clemson. Their DL is full of grown *** men.

Advertisement
Back