Few things I heard today

Pete, are we trading Frierson with Campbell as it seems one is on their way into the class as the other is on his way out.

Miami leads for Tyson Campbell.

Maybe they'll listen this time, I've got nothing else to say about it. I'll leave this **** to Pete & rest of the pundits, I'm just a regular mutha****a off the streets. What do I know, it's not like I ever changed the kid's ****ty diaper before...

I would hope no one has been disrespectful toward you, as I certainly have intended nothing of the sort. I think it's just people watching the visits and calling it as they see it.

I have major respect for Pete's and your say on Tyson's recruitment, for obvious reasons. What Pete said makes me more optimistic for sure, but I'm the type who needs to see more of the actions fit the words. If he does end up making it to Paradise tonight, that would drastically change my outlook on the whole situation.

With that being said, do you have any idea about him possibly making it? These stray rumors don't mean much to me personally but would love to hear your take if you're cool with sharing it. Thanks in advance but it's all good either way.

Nah I can't say disrespectful but a bit annoying. I'm a pretty knowledgeable guy regarding the local scene and I personally know my fair share of the top-notch kids due to a little Optimist coaching I did but I've never presented myself as an "insider". There are only two kids in this cycle that I can reach out to whenever. I saw a little name-calling thrown at cuz by a few but no biggie, no need to make a fuss when they ain't(and likely won't)say it in arm's reach. But what got me a little spicy was people acting like the need to feel "special" would compel me to portray myself as being closer to him than I really am to impress people who wouldn't know who he was if he was a piano virtuoso instead. Never anyone who I chop it up with on here regularly, cats who kinda pop up outta nowhere. I'm always careful of what I post & how in regards to Ty because, 1: I want to respect his privacy and his process. This is HIS moment, he'll never have it again and it'll be over in a flash. 2: I refuse to be the idiot relative spouting off their own fantastic visions with no clue about what the prospect's really thinking. Those types can run a kid away for school just to get away from their looney asses. He first told me we were his leader on April 9th. I could've created a thread saying that on the same day, but it's not my place. Aside from PM'ing a couple dudes(they know who they are) and a cryptic post or 2, I said nothing. When Pete said in The Work, that's when I went public with it. I know Tyson's poker face is making y'all restless, shiddd I'm a little restless myself but trust when I say we're still in the driver's seat. I didn't know that there was gonna be a schedule conflict tbh, and I don't think he or his folks knew as well. Last time we spoke, he did say he was gonna go back to Clemson with both his parents but I THINK the trip was planned before Paradise's dates were set. If the Clemson insiders are saying he's trying to make it, I don't doubt it.

Nicely put, brother... and I bet he appreciates you for allowing him to go through the process. ****, you're family has some serious bloodlines, can my son borrow some? He's 5'9" 160 solid, and just turned 14... again, thanks [MENTION=13993]RattlerCane305[/MENTION]... good luck with everything!

[MENTION=6030]Ibis Wingz[/MENTION], you're on point, also.. thank you

Last edited:
Advertisement
Every one of these sites covering canes football over the years has descended into a clique that disparacges other sites and reporters. Be better. Evolve.

Looks like you're Dr. Jekyll today. It's quite amusing to watch you tell others to stay above the fray given your WEZ persona Mr. Hyde.
Lol. You're a ******, is the other possibility. The WEZ is an off topic humor site. You are proving my point if you hold it up as an analogy for a football discussion board.

What I wrote is true, in any case.

And I'm glad to see his parents are smart enough to keep the young man away fron the genrons of the world...well done mom and dad

Yeah Ty's folks are older and college grads to boot. He's gonna make an educated and informed decision. Football is part of the decision-making process but academics and life after athletics is of equal importance. That bodes well for us especially since the contenders print their degrees on 2-Ply Charmin. So worry not, genron and his kind couldn't make it past the guard gate at Ty's crib...

I'm glad to see mom and pop are thinking past the " league" and making sure the young man understands there will possibly be 40-50 years of life past that IF he's lucky enough to make it.

Exactly KW, everyone in the family preaches this to him. Ty isn't the first blue-chip recruit in our family and we've seen things go left with a star athlete first-hand. You probably remember him KW, Lorenzo Hampton, former all-time leading rusher for the turds(another reason he'll never be a ****) and Dolphins RB is our older cousin. We witnessed the lumps he took after football ended(he's good now though)because he didn't become a well-rounded person during his college tenure. He knows he's not gonna run 4.3 forever and we've seen that NFL money can disappear if you're not prepared to manage it...

I do remember him and As sad as Lorenzo's struggles have been it's good that Ty has something to draw from and the people around him only have to point and say " see nothing is guaranteed".... hoping upon hope that he ends up here but it seems wherever he lands he will have his sh*t together or he will have his parents there to put a foot in his butt.Something most of these kids don't have.

Listen to Mike Irving, young Tyson. Come to Miami and do well,and you will own this town. The entire area will open its arms to you. You ain't gonna live in Tookaloo or Athens or any of those bullshyt backwoods wastelands.

These local dudes would be well-served to think beyond the next 3 or 4 years. I know if I had to decide between helping a former Cane and helping some scumbag traitor who put on in Meth Town or Tookaloo, I'm helping the Cane.

Did Louis and Joyner work out at paradise? (sorry if missed, been laid up after surgery a few days)

Advertisement
Did Louis and Joyner work out at paradise? (sorry if missed, been laid up after surgery a few days)
Louis wasn't at Paradise, he visited a few days before & met with the Coaches on an Unofficial.

Joyner was there, but has since told Jumbo Fisher that he's still solid to FSU. Pete has repeatedly said that he's not solid & Miami really likes there chances to flip him.

Idk if any of that has changed after Paradise, but it's still wait & see if Joyner is getting flipped just yet.

Louis also visited FSU the following day after visiting us, but I think our chances could be better with him in the long run.

Louis wasn't at Paradise, he visited a few days before & met with the Coaches on an Unofficial.

Joyner was there, but has since told Jumbo Fisher that he's still solid to FSU. Pete has repeatedly said that he's not solid & Miami really likes there chances to flip him.

Idk if any of that has changed after Paradise, but it's still wait & see if Joyner is getting flipped just yet.

Louis also visited FSU the following day after visiting us, but I think our chances could be better with him in the long run.

He got cb to fsu hope your right

Pete, are we trading Frierson with Campbell as it seems one is on their way into the class as the other is on his way out.

Miami leads for Tyson Campbell.

Maybe they'll listen this time, I've got nothing else to say about it. I'll leave this **** to Pete & rest of the pundits, I'm just a regular mutha****a off the streets. What do I know, it's not like I ever changed the kid's ****ty diaper before...

I would hope no one has been disrespectful toward you, as I certainly have intended nothing of the sort. I think it's just people watching the visits and calling it as they see it.

I have major respect for Pete's and your say on Tyson's recruitment, for obvious reasons. What Pete said makes me more optimistic for sure, but I'm the type who needs to see more of the actions fit the words. If he does end up making it to Paradise tonight, that would drastically change my outlook on the whole situation.

With that being said, do you have any idea about him possibly making it? These stray rumors don't mean much to me personally but would love to hear your take if you're cool with sharing it. Thanks in advance but it's all good either way.

Nah I can't say disrespectful but a bit annoying. I'm a pretty knowledgeable guy regarding the local scene and I personally know my fair share of the top-notch kids due to a little Optimist coaching I did but I've never presented myself as an "insider". There are only two kids in this cycle that I can reach out to whenever. I saw a little name-calling thrown at cuz by a few but no biggie, no need to make a fuss when they ain't(and likely won't)say it in arm's reach. But what got me a little spicy was people acting like the need to feel "special" would compel me to portray myself as being closer to him than I really am to impress people who wouldn't know who he was if he was a piano virtuoso instead. Never anyone who I chop it up with on here regularly, cats who kinda pop up outta nowhere. I'm always careful of what I post & how in regards to Ty because, 1: I want to respect his privacy and his process. This is HIS moment, he'll never have it again and it'll be over in a flash. 2: I refuse to be the idiot relative spouting off their own fantastic visions with no clue about what the prospect's really thinking. Those types can run a kid away for school just to get away from their looney asses. He first told me we were his leader on April 9th. I could've created a thread saying that on the same day, but it's not my place. Aside from PM'ing a couple dudes(they know who they are) and a cryptic post or 2, I said nothing. When Pete said in The Work, that's when I went public with it. I know Tyson's poker face is making y'all restless, shiddd I'm a little restless myself but trust when I say we're still in the driver's seat. I didn't know that there was gonna be a schedule conflict tbh, and I don't think he or his folks knew as well. Last time we spoke, he did say he was gonna go back to Clemson with both his parents but I THINK the trip was planned before Paradise's dates were set. If the Clemson insiders are saying he's trying to make it, I don't doubt it.

I admit I have stated concern that he hasn't stated anything positive about the U, missed a few important dates and no reported visits I could remember, but I've never purported to be an insider or say anything negative about Tyson. In this era of social media and fan sites, we have come to expect kids to reveal their hand and when they don't the bullshet starts. As you and he probably know, he's the most desired recruit at this point.

Advertisement

Not a whole helluva lot positive after Paradise this year? I understand expectations should be held in check since we have so much of our class committed...But appears Thornton and Bethel jerking us around? And would hate to lose both Joyner and Louis to FSU.

Rattler just a question and I hope you take it the way it's intended and that's just me being inquisitive.

IF Ty is all Cane as you and Pete say,and I don't doubt you guys for a minute,why would he and his family spend the money to go tour the Clemson Campus.

Now I can completely understand if he's playing the game and picking up all the " swag" that comes with being an elite player when you visit these schools but why the necessity to spend the money to tour a place with your parents you " supposedly" have no interest in?

Just asking and if you don't answer I completely understand.

Although we lead I'd be lying if I said he had "no interest" in a couple of other schools. If that were the case, I'm pretty sure he'd already be committed to us and his recruitment would be shut down. I think his folks just want him to be certain before he makes any committment and I think trips like these are to see if the intrigue is real or not. I also think it's better that he goes with his parents than with a "handler" who's more likely to try to sell him off than do their due diligence. It's unfortunate that Paradise is the same weekend but aside from OV's, this is probably the last time he could check out some OOS schools. I think what's been lost on everyone in the midst of his lack of presence on campus is the fact that his future position coach can visit him at anytime in the capacity of a family friend...

Seems to me, he's handled his recruitment with much more maturity than most. Hope we get his commitment.

And I'm glad to see his parents are smart enough to keep the young man away fron the genrons of the world...well done mom and dad

Yeah Ty's folks are older and college grads to boot. He's gonna make an educated and informed decision. Football is part of the decision-making process but academics and life after athletics is of equal importance. That bodes well for us especially since the contenders print their degrees on 2-Ply Charmin. So worry not, genron and his kind couldn't make it past the guard gate at Ty's crib...

I'm glad to see mom and pop are thinking past the " league" and making sure the young man understands there will possibly be 40-50 years of life past that IF he's lucky enough to make it.

Exactly KW, everyone in the family preaches this to him. Ty isn't the first blue-chip recruit in our family and we've seen things go left with a star athlete first-hand. You probably remember him KW, Lorenzo Hampton, former all-time leading rusher for the turds(another reason he'll never be a ****) and Dolphins RB is our older cousin. We witnessed the lumps he took after football ended(he's good now though)because he didn't become a well-rounded person during his college tenure. He knows he's not gonna run 4.3 forever and we've seen that NFL money can disappear if you're not prepared to manage it...

Any 'mentor' who doesnt tell these young men some harsh realities( like football will most likely be over for you by age 30 one way or the other) or that you should be preparing for your next career/chapter of your life after football -right now - isn't truly doing their job. I really believe these are the things that should be constantly looked at and discussed, not depth charts

Advertisement
Back