Ferman and On3

grover

Senior
Premium
I’ve never forgiven Ferman for how he amplified the Yahoo reporter’s agenda and stabbed Miami in the back when the program was reeling from the corrupt NCAA investigation on Shapiro. Which in hindsight was outright laughable how insane that was. It’s like locking a guy up for life for driving 58 in a 55 mph zone while ignoring a mass shooting going on.

Now he’s heading up another college football media company in On3, which looks to be bootstrapped and short on quality analytics.

Has anything changed here? Should we expect more of the same, or has experience taught him to be better?

Advertisement
Why would we expect a guy in his 60s who had a single source in the front office, a receptionist, change now?

Ferman hasn’t been **** since like 2005 and the emergence of other platforms and sites shows that. This I’m sure was a last chance money grab for a guy likely nearing the end of his career in terms of both viability & ability.

I’ve never forgiven Ferman for how he amplified the Yahoo reporter’s agenda and stabbed Miami in the back when the program was reeling from the corrupt NCAA investigation on Shapiro. Which in hindsight was outright laughable how insane that was. It’s like locking a guy up for life for driving 58 in a 55 mph zone while ignoring a mass shooting going on.

Now he’s heading up another college football media company in On3, which looks to be bootstrapped and short on quality analytics.

Has anything changed here? Should we expect more of the same, or has experience taught him to be better?

Facts...he was schilling for on3 the other day when all the stuff broke about taking stars away from Miami recruits. It was disgusting.

He upset a lot of subscribers yesterday by showing a clip of some OU DE commit running a 10 yard sprint at the UA Camp as justification why he was ranked #20 and Jayden Wayne is ranked #95. He proceeded to get ripped and looks like he took the post down. The same guy that Francis stoned in the 1 on 1 portion of the camp.

Think the founders started both Rivals and 247 and then sold them. So this is their 3rd project in the space.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Why do people care so much about Ferman and other boards?

He’s a punching bag here whether he’s right or wrong. All the other boards are… same with the media.

They mostly deserve it because they all suck, they are all odd balls, the recruitniks are a combination of weirdos, ****y young ***** or trying way too hard...

Maybe you missed typed but Ferman isn’t heading up On3 he’s just doing this Miami site. Ferman isn’t a bad guy just lives and draws clicks by posting false info. I stopped subscribing to his site because of the lack of real news and him being a ****** and banning everyone that argued with him.

Wayne being 95th on On3 to me got lost in the shuffle with the whole 247 issue. Code error or not if they don't have Wayne ranked so low then he doesn't lose the star regardless of the code change.
They legit have crazy rankings to get people talking about them. Stirring up drama.

Advertisement
Why do people care so much about Ferman and other boards?

He’s a punching bag here whether he’s right or wrong. All the other boards are… same with the media.

They mostly deserve it because they all suck, they are all odd balls, the recruitniks are a combination of weirdos, ****y young ***** or trying way too hard...
God forbid they would try “way too hard” to get us info we all crave.
And when that Gaby guy hedges because he’s not 100% sure about something, he gets pilloried.
So much for trying to be careful.
BTW, he’s mentioned on most recruiting threads so folks are paying attention.
I put more weight on this site’s insiders. But I don’t mind hearing other voices.

God forbid they would try “way too hard” to get us info we all crave.
And when that Gaby guy hedges because he’s not 100% sure about something, he gets pilloried.
So much for trying to be careful.
BTW, he’s mentioned on most recruiting threads so folks are paying attention.
I put more weight on this site’s insiders. But I don’t mind hearing other voices.
Trying too hard to get information or trying too hard to be known as the guy who gets the information….

I'll be frank, I can't see any redeeming qualities that compell this guy to even bother typing the web address in. How they have systematically ruined the ratings this year is enough. Couple that with **** posting and that's a hard pass.

Advertisement

Ferman is the master of click bait.

On3 is trash, exactly the place Ferman belongs lol Look at their rankings of some of our other commits and targets. It's not just Wayne. They caused Rashada to lose his 5th star too since they have him at 155. Bryant and M'Pemba also ranked in the 100s lol Samson at 57 is ridiculous as well.

Advertisement
Back