**** Fellas....Tyrone Moss has passed away...

Quick note fellas. I saw that the young man passed away from a heart attack. Not knowing too much about his health history or chronic conditions besides the knee he injured in college, but I have seen more and more young people suffering from cardiovascular disease that leads to infarct. Sometimes the issue can be congenital or genetic in nature, but usually there are common things that can help to prevent such insults. Big thing I see as a MD is folks not managing their high blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes. All three conditions if left untreated can lead to a host of cardio vascular deficits. Cholesterol is the biggest culprit as it has a genetic component to it and when high (LDL & Total Cholesterol), can lead to the forming of artherosclerotic plaque inside your arteries. Basically, think about trying to perfuse your body with blood/oxygen through a hose that has a diameter of a straw based on plaque buildup....basically, no bueno. Get checked out and get your yearly physical done, which comes with standard blood work.

Advertisement
He totally carried the offense in 2005. Wright was so bad but Moss covered it up. He was also great against Clemson when we did that unbalanced line. Offense went in the crapper after he fot hurt.

I thought we were going to lose to UNC at home until Moss took over. Wright was having a terrible game.

If he doesn’t get hurt, we go 11-1 in the regular season.
Would of beat fsu too if he wasn't hurt in first half.... Think he had over a 100 in first half

Advertisement
So so sad.

Too young to die, especially from pneumonia. Poor guy must have had hellacious comorbidities.

RIP...I won’t forget the game at the OB when we wore those really weird yellow and green unis, but he had himself a game. It was against UNC if I remember correctly.

Edit - found a pic.

View attachment 61581

He went off for 195 yds this game.

That was 2005. Hope he rests peacefully.

I remember this game like it was yesterday. Didn’t understand the uniforms either, until I researched and saw that these were throw backs; but my man T Moss gave it his all that game. He was a good one; injuries derailed a what could’ve been career, but he’ll always hold a special place in my heart. R.I.P

On another note; this pneumonia thing is getting out of hand! Lost one of my boys to it 2 yrs ago. I’ve never heard of pneumonia taking out ppl like this back in the day!

Sad news.

Advertisement
Quick note fellas. I saw that the young man passed away from a heart attack. Not knowing too much about his health history or chronic conditions besides the knee he injured in college, but I have seen more and more young people suffering from cardiovascular disease that leads to infarct. Sometimes the issue can be congenital or genetic in nature, but usually there are common things that can help to prevent such insults. Big thing I see as a MD is folks not managing their high blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes. All three conditions if left untreated can lead to a host of cardio vascular deficits. Cholesterol is the biggest culprit as it has a genetic component to it and when high (LDL & Total Cholesterol), can lead to the forming of artherosclerotic plaque inside your arteries. Basically, think about trying to perfuse your body with blood/oxygen through a hose that has a diameter of a straw based on plaque buildup....basically, no bueno. Get checked out and get your yearly physical done, which comes with standard blood work.

High triglycerides are a killer too. When I was in college I was working out a lot and taking a bunch of supplements, and then I’d go out almost every night and drink alcohol. Eventually it caught up to me, so I went to the doctor and he told me the last time he had seen blood work like mine it was from a 26 year old heart attack survivor.

Needless to say I re-examined my consumption habits.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All true, Doc but ... isn't it unusual for these to be fatal at 33?

Certainly not the sort of update I was looking for about Moss.

Unfortunate.

And far too young.

Advertisement
Back