Fellas, I was out of town for most of the week

CANE1775

Senior
but dammit I'm STILL excited. The class left a hole or two, but overall what golden did with this class was outstanding. No excuses, just results. The man has shown exactly what some have argued forever; you don't have to win to convince kids to come, but instead simply convince kids that they can be a part of returning UM to its wining ways while doing so in front of family and friends. Kudos to Golden and crew. Wednesday was HUGE.

Advertisement
The legend speaks. Curious, have you heard anything about Jacoby Briscoe? I know you have Louisiana roots.

but dammit I'm STILL excited. The class left a hole or two, but overall what golden did with this class was outstanding. No excuses, just results. The man has shown exactly what some have argued forever; you don't have to win to convince kids to come, but instead simply convince kids that they can be a part of returning UM to its wining ways while doing so in front of family and friends. Kudos to Golden and crew. Wednesday was HUGE.
+ 100

Amen to that. 2013 is going to be a fantastic class for us no matter what the size. I just hope the coaching develops the talent like we all hope and expect.

Golden can clearly change minds and get people excited about playing at UM. He's been able to create a positive atmosphere around the program when there are a million reasons why it should be nothing but a pile of ****. But you gotta win eventually. I think he will.

Advertisement
D, I don't have anything on Briscoe. Funny thing is, I don't even remember discussing with many people on here about the family/friends I have from Lose-E-Anna. LOL

BTW, reading Golden's transcript, it's like dude was reading the message boards. All I could do was nod in agreement when he mentioned being proud of what UM had accomplished, getting rid of the inferiority complex, and sarcastically asked were we not supposed to beat out Bama, Florida, and Florida State for guys down here. I mean, I **** near stood up and applauded when he made the comment about holding serve. Dude said a mouthful with just a couple of words. His mindset is what everyone's should be.

Advertisement
Back