Feldman on Manny Navarro Podcast

The annoying part still for me is that Mario portrays this very detailed coaching search that goes in depth… but it seems the red flags with Gattis should have been easily picked up on during the exhaustive search…

Flat out embarrassing

Exactly

It’s not like Mario inherited this staff

You can’t proclaim to have an exhaustive search process but then say coaches being duds surprises you

Advertisement
Thought this was a pretty interesting podcast.

Some highlights for me:

- without naming names indicated there is a lot of dead weight on the staff. The board had always mentioned Addae but Feldman seemed to point to Salavea, Strong, and somebody still on offense. Sounds like Mario is hoping a lot of these guys leave on their own as they have big contracts.

- we knew this but Ponce and Gattis hated each other.

- Feldman thinks Guidry will be a better DC for us than Steele.

- Guidry has ties to Coach O from his Louisiana days (me speculating…wonder if he’ll be involved in some capacity).

- Feldman expects Jason Taylor to be bumped up to on field role.

- Nussmeier is still a possibility and not super optimistic on Candle🤮

I think I hit the major points, but may have missed some.

Only thing surprising about all that is coach Joe since Mario brought him with him.

Advertisement
Someone still on offense? I mean its not Mirabel, Field is a known recruiter and had a good TE haul, Kevin Smith missed on the big fish but pulled in nice recruits and seems to coach well, like who out of those 3 is the dead weight?
Only one that’d make any sense is Smith, but agreed it was strange to hear.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s what he played in college. Not sure he’s done anything here to warrant being kept though.
I know some on CIS said some nice things about Rod Wright, but based on 2022 games and this recruiting cycle, at best he’s gotta be a net neutral kinda coach

If he was replaced tomorrow I don’t think it would matter to anyone

I blame the players...

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Only one that’d make any sense is Smith, but agreed it was strange to hear.
Towards the end of the interview they mentioned an offensive coach that Mario liked, but it was tough for me to make out the name. Feldman was speaking, then Manny interrupted him and filled in the name but I didn't recognize it. Were you able to tell who he was talking about?

Advertisement
Back