Feels like last year- our fans were confident we'd beat FSU

Jersey Mike should be practicing kicking line drives through the endzone. Our kick coverage is garbage, and FSU has dudes who can house them. They always fck with us on kick returns. Kick that **** on a line straight through the endzone.

I have no idea why they ever put it in play. I cringe when the other team starts bringing it up field.

Advertisement
And if Kaaya doesn't throw a ridiculous interception to start the second half and Miami walks away with 3 points and goes up 16-3 game over. The pick changed the entire game and gave FSU life. Just a bonehead throw.

Patrick isn't Cook. Blackman is not Francois. Francois put up big numbers against Ole Miss and North Carolina the week before our game. Rudolph, Whitfield and Wilson are gone. This is the weakest FSU wide receiving corps I can remember. Their offensive line is a disaster and I think their starting left tackle is out. If it's Ruble at left tackle, Joe Jackson is going to have an All-American type day. We had 3 freshmen linebackers trying to contain Dalvin Cook.

We are just better than them this year and that's the first time in a long time I can say that. Maybe not deeper but better.

Last edited:
In my opinion, it's the most important game we have played in a decade. Yes, the bowl was important, but if we can't go into Doak and beat the weakest FSU team we have faced in years, we might as well acknowledge that they have made the Canes their b#tch and they are in our heads. A win signals Miami has rightfully reclaimed the throne in the state of Florida. A loss shows recruits that a bad FSU team with a cuckolded head coach is better than a "good" Miami team. WE MUST WIN THIS GAME.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've been watching Canes vs Noles for 35 years, and this just feels like a bad omen to me. I'm superstitious as ****, especially when it comes to this game

It's still the Noles, and that defense still must be dealt with.

Throw out what you saw from them against Wake Forest or NC State. And I don't give a **** if a bear loving DBC were under center; they're going to play their best game of the year vs Miami.

We need to have a punishers mentality ---playing mean and violent, all game long
Grow a pair and wash your mouth.

I've been watching Canes vs Noles for 35 years, and this just feels like a bad omen to me. I'm superstitious as ****, especially when it comes to this game

It's still the Noles, and that defense still must be dealt with.

Throw out what you saw from them against Wake Forest or NC State. And I don't give a **** if a bear loving DBC were under center; they're going to play their best game of the year vs Miami.

We need to have a punishers mentality ---playing mean and violent, all game long

Het Svengali **** you cause you ain't no Svengali .

We've been doing alot of taking, sadly we haven't learned anything from the past two years. Until this is done, I won't be running my mouth.

The players always play their best game here. Including us. No need to worry about coming out flat. Canes will play balls to the wall for four qtrs.

It was a slugfest last season that we generally outplayed them in, but kudos to FSU for leaving the The Rock with a victory. That said, we're better this season and they are not. I generally agree we should play up to the standard but there's no need to start PTSD threads. Take a long nap till Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Their startin LT isn’t out, Kelly is good to go for Saturday.

Good, because the kid has been playing hurt all year. He is hardly ready to go and Jackson is going to beat him like a drum. The drop from Kelly is significant.

meh you'll get downvoted mostly based on pure emotion towards this game, but i'm with you.

I'm highly superstitious, the announcers curse for example happens far to often to just be some coincidence

that's why not one person has seen me talk **** or say a single ***ing word about this game

it's just another game to me and should be treated so, *** the rivalry. There's a reason urban meyer calls michigan the "school up north" and not michigan, it's just another football game

It's one thing to be realistic and realize that both teams are in for a dog fight and it's not going to be a blow out. It's a totally different animal to sit there petrified because "our fans were confident last year but we lost". We should be confident every year. The years of hoping an Al Golden led Miami team can keep up with a overpowering FSU team are over. We should always think Miami is going to win.

Last year they were in complete disarray coming into our game. They had just lost at home to UNC and were taken to the woodshed by Louisville before that. They had an unproven redshirt freshman qb. Their defense was ranked near last in the country. We had them at home. And we laid an egg and lost.

Agree that the game is a toss up. Their true freshman qb should be a big advantage for Miami. However, Jimbo always gameplans well for us. He'll have a few smart plays up his sleeve that will be effective regardless of the qb (see the rollout throwback across the field wheel route to cook last year). We need to win the turnover battle and finish drives with touchdowns.

I agree, I think that play will resurface again this year trying to take advantage of our aggressive D

Advertisement
OP ain't lying. Miami fans said the same **** last year (myself included) and look what happened. This won't be as easy as some of you think.
Don't forget we still have some of Golden's dogs on this team. Until his stink is totally gone from this program, I can't be totally confident of any game we play, let alone FSU.

Not gonna lie.. I am feeling confident about this game, more so than last year... a blocked PAT doomed us last year; if not for that, we would've won that game. We had momentum at that point but ran out of time and couldn't get the ball back.

We are better this year overall.. Our O has more weapons and our D, if they play up to their potential, has a higher ceiling than last year. Against FSU they will bring their A-game!!

FSU on other hand is definitely worse this year. Their O-line is atrocious and their QB is a true rookie who is skinnier than Jacory Harris... I wouldn't be surprised if he gets injured tomorrow... nobody on their O is hands-down special. Their D is good but overrated, starting with their highly overrated safety.

I also feel like we want it more... Our coaches and players know what is at stake and are still sore about last year's loss.

Suffice it to say that WE GOT THIS!! A NEW ERA OF DOMINANCE BEGINS TOMORROW FOR MIAMI FOOTBALL!!! LET'S GO CANES!!! #BEATFSU

meh you'll get downvoted mostly based on pure emotion towards this game, but i'm with you.

I'm highly superstitious, the announcers curse for example happens far to often to just be some coincidence

that's why not one person has seen me talk **** or say a single ***ing word about this game

it's just another game to me and should be treated so, *** the rivalry. There's a reason urban meyer calls michigan the "school up north" and not michigan, it's just another football game

Downvote me if they want but I’m right with you.I usually go into this game with a lot of confidence but last year put a knife( a spear ) through my heart cause we should have won that by 10+ points.

Maybe that was payback for the wide rights and the wide lefts but whatever it is I’ll just say I like our chances but until that last horn goes off I ain’t saying anything.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back