Feels like 2007

View as article
Advertisement
giphy.gif

WE COULDA BEEN SUPERSTARS...

NOW ITS NOT SAFE FOR YOOOOU

Super Mario Game GIF

I want to say this feels like the Butch years, because that’s always been my comparison. But that would be a lie. This feels like watching Virginia beat Miami 48-0 in the last game of the OB. Fifteen years later almost to the day and we still suck. It’s a numb feeling.

That 2007 team played horrible every week. We played it off by talking about the roster purge and the incoming recruiting class. That team had a bad OC and a staff of excellent individual coaches who didn’t click. And that team had a head coach who ultimately failed.

I have more faith in Cristobal than Shannon, but it’s becoming less rational by the day. This team has played bad in every single game. It’s November. Four straight home losses to kill the fanbase, and three of them are among the worst losses in program history.

The only difference between this team and 2007 is that the 2022 team has better players and more money. Florida State isn’t even a dominant opponent. They will finish with four to five losses. Two years ago, we beat them like they beat us. The difference is we have gotten worse in every aspect.

Better players will help. A new offense will help. Tennessee somehow came back after bottoming out for two decades. But any hope is based on nothing we’ve seen on the field. And that is a painful, familiar feeling.
Butch's Probation teams would Curb stomp the trash I saw last night....

I would bet on it. Mario is not trying to be the smartest guy in the room. He sees how bad our QBs look. TVD is a good player and the other two have talent. It shouldn’t be this bad.

He may not be the smartest man in the room but he has his philosophy (tUfF fIziKuLL) and he will never deviate from that. He’s stubborn as well until he proves differently. He has yet to show that he can field an offense that’s capable of taking us to the next level. Let’s be real - Mario needs a roster full of 4-5 stars to win here.

Advertisement
I would bet on it. Mario is not trying to be the smartest guy in the room. He sees how bad our QBs look. TVD is a good player and the other two have talent. It shouldn’t be this bad.
Lol offense looks like **** all year and nothing has changed. Stop kidding yourself this is the offense Mario wants. Only way it works is if you actually have a offensive line and can run the ball

Tough to be excited about the future unless extreme changes are made, regardless of what kids we bring in. Even if extreme changes are made, I still will need to see it and I’m putting cases on all you mfs who start the inevitable hype train this off season. I better not see not a nann nanna ACC Coastal champ prediction.
Let's hope no one predicts a coastal championship next year with the coastal being gone. Gonna be even harder now to get in the acc champ game

and some acted like 12 year old girls insulting and using finger emojis and GIFs on guys who posted
something that even Ray Charles could see ...... no way was Miami going to beat fsu.

They are brain dead sir...aint no amount of help/self-help ever gonna change that.

Advertisement
This season has proved Mario will never lead this program to the promised land. At best he will be a custodian.
Custodian of mediocrity at best. Considering all the money and support, this feels like an abyss, the black hole of the universe. From 52-10 winners to a 45-3 beatdown in 2 years

I think had Mario not negoitiated one of the highest contracts in the game his losses would be more palatable. When cheaper coaches are doing better things its a bad look.

Got no choice but to give him at least one year before I turn on him. Here's to next year!🍹

We’re not Oregon.

And what people keep overlooking, is that they were not some destitute program that had never won before he got there, they were a premium posh destination for quite some time in the modern era.

Mike Bellotti - 116-55 at Oregon
Chip Kelly - 46-7
Mark Helfrich - 37-16
Mario Cristobal - 35-13

The only Coach who didn’t win at Oregon was Taggart & he was only there for one season...

The narrative that got spun that he built Oregon into some Bama like dynasty was never based in reality.

But Bellotti and Kelly were actual elite coaches and deserved those records. Helfrich left behind a 4-8 disaster after four years once it became his show.

This is such a different level of bad than Mario’s flaws up there. That’s what I’m struggling with. The only word I can think of is “dysfunctional.” Nothing is working at any level on the field from sports science to game management. And he is responsible for all of it.

Advertisement
I think had Mario not negoitiated one of the highest contracts in the game his losses would be more palatable. When cheaper coaches are doing better things its a bad look.

Got no choice but to give him at least one year before I turn on him. Here's to next year!🍹
Another year? Mario is going to be here for a long time. Accept and pray he figures it out. It can’t get any worse so I suspect he will improve things but where is his ceiling?

D, it’s absolutely laughable that you won’t admit that Mario was a terrible hire. There hasn’t been one performance this year that has shown he deserves the job. Do you think we would have a better record right now if Kiffin was hired?

Curious, can we name one example of a team doing this in all of college football? Elite college program, falls from grace and then trips down a well for almost two decades? Seriously, has any major team ever looked like this repeatedly? Is this just because we continue to get national exposure ( and look like garbage)

Advertisement
Another year? Mario is going to be here for a long time. Accept and pray he figures it out. It can’t get any worse so I suspect he will improve things but where is his ceiling?
I expect Mario to be here for a while but my support isn't guranteed for the duration. I'm pretty sure he knows he can't wheel this offensive production out in front of any recruit. Especially QB's! This TVD regression thing is a horrible look!

I don't think anything saves Gattis accept a run of 350+yd 3 td games for the rest of the season.

I want to say this feels like the Butch years, because that’s always been my comparison. But that would be a lie. This feels like watching Virginia beat Miami 48-0 in the last game of the OB. Fifteen years later almost to the day and we still suck. It’s a numb feeling.

That 2007 team played horrible every week. We played it off by talking about the roster purge and the incoming recruiting class. That team had a bad OC and a staff of excellent individual coaches who didn’t click. And that team had a head coach who ultimately failed.

I have more faith in Cristobal than Shannon, but it’s becoming less rational by the day. This team has played bad in every single game. It’s November. Four straight home losses to kill the fanbase, and three of them are among the worst losses in program history.

The only difference between this team and 2007 is that the 2022 team has better players and more money. Florida State isn’t even a dominant opponent. They will finish with four to five losses. Two years ago, we beat them like they beat us. The difference is we have gotten worse in every aspect.

Better players will help. A new offense will help. Tennessee somehow came back after bottoming out for two decades. But any hope is based on nothing we’ve seen on the field. And that is a painful, familiar feeling.
RegressionU

I expect Mario to be here for a while but my support isn't guranteed for the duration. I'm pretty sure he knows he can't wheel this offensive production out in front of any recruit. Especially QB's! This TVD regression thing is a horrible look!

I don't think anything saves Gattis accept a run of 350+yd 3 td games for the rest of the season.
Gattis is gone.

Advertisement
Back