Feb 26 vs Harvard 7pm ACCNX

Advertisement
Win that feels like a Warren Morris walk-off. JP Gates, Carlos Perez, Ariel Garcia must provide a boost offensively if we're to have a winning season.
I was thinking the same thing. Not sure what perez injury is but wouldn't mind trying to get gates or perez in the DH spot instead of someone like rosario...

Not really the bounce back I was hoping for. Walters, Palm, and Yoyo go in the positive column but so many wasted opportunities.

We really can't handle offspeed pitching. But that might be good news since ACC teams will typically have a hard-throwing staff. Getting the win is the most important thing. @Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Palm and Walters, wowza!

darn near everything else:
Tim Robinson No GIF by The Lonely Island

We really can't handle offspeed pitching. But that might be good news since ACC teams will typically have a hard-throwing staff. Getting the win is the most important thing. @Go Canes!!
Really frustrating to watch our lineup get handled year after year by soft tossing batting practice pitchers. For those of you out there with coaching experience, is there anything that can be done to improve our guys approach in this area?

Advertisement
Inability to hit soft stuff definitely falls into the unfixed year after year column.
Don't forget base-running. Unless UF pitchers walk 6 - 7 hitters a game, we'll be lucky to score that many runs the entire series next weekend I'm afraid. I sure hope there are good reasons for Gates and Perez not getting ABs and that one or both will be back soon.

Kudos to Palm, Ziehl and Walters - they were clutch.

It really sucks that we’re all already in here talking like this but it’s certainly deserved. It’s Groundhog Day year after year on the canes baseball board. The usual suspects will come crawling back in here when there is a sliver of success only to make their way out with quickness because the success is short lived and back to the subpar baseball.

Can we all agree dimare’s *** is on fire if we make no noise in a regional and or don’t make one at all. Normal program he would be gone but we play daddy ball at Miami.

It’s early, but I remain shocked we didn’t try to bring in a new hitting coach. Was last year all Lopez fault? I’m sure it wasn’t. But, it was bad enough that a new voice/approach would have been warranted. Going status quo and switching out a bunch of players never seemed like it would create a huge jump.

Hope I’m wrong…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back