FCS Spring Football

And they had an NFL Oline prospect to hit the transfer portal earlier this week. Kinda OT, but if you've never been to a Jackson State vs Alcorn State game down on State Street in Jackson, MS, make plans!!
Capital City Classic...Been to a few. When Air 2 was at Alcorn it was crazy!

Advertisement
Did a little digging and there are less former Miami FCS Transfers than I thought. I'm sure I'm missing some guys, so feel free to update or correct.
* Cade Weldon is with East Tenn, but broke his collar bone last year so missed a bunch of time. He was beaten out for the starting QB position for Game 1, but the HC says it's still a three-way battle.
* Tyreic Martin is at Alcorn State, but they canceled their season. No idea why when everyone else is playing.
* Chancey Smart at Idaho but they don't have their first game until next week, Feb 27th.

Evidence Njoku left UCLA along with his little bro Charles, but neither has landed anywhere else AFAIK. At this point I expect he'll go to a lower G5 school or maybe FCS.

OT, but here are the Miami FBS Transfers I could find:
* Patchan and Polendey are at Colorado State
* Joyner will join Banda at Utah State
* Jarren Williams planning to go to USF
* Realus George at Missouri
* Hightower and Derrick Smith at Illinois. Not sure if Smith is coming back for a 5th year given Covid redshirt.
* Irvin was at FAU, not sure if he'll return for a 6th year given Covid redshirt.
* Baxa at Houston
* Ezzard's at Ga Tech
* Nigel Bethel's at Colorado
* Lingard still a Gator for now but looking grim for him to ever see meaningful action

I thought George Brown had gone FCS, but from his LinkedIn it looks like he's a personal trainer still in Miami. Got his UM degree so good for him. Can't find anything on Dykstra. Maybe he left football, as well?

@ Liberty City El.
What is logic behind Bethune Cookman joining the SWAC this fall? Seems like a lot more miles traveling.

Advertisement
@ Liberty City El.
What is logic behind Bethune Cookman joining the SWAC this fall? Seems like a lot more miles traveling.
Naw not really. Outside of the Texas schools, they are traveling to Bama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Where as in the MEAC they have to travel to the Carolinas and the DMV.

Advertisement
Big SWAC matchup between Jackson State and Grambling just ended with JSU on top. Crazy....Both teams played poor run defense, especially towards the end of the game. JSU, up 33-28 due to 2 missed XP's, drove to the goal line, and fumbled going into the endzone. Grambling recovered the ball, drove all the down the whole field, then proceeded to fumble at the 1 yard line too.

Big SWAC matchup between Jackson State and Grambling just ended with JSU on top. Crazy....Both teams played poor run defense, especially towards the end of the game. JSU, up 33-28 due to 2 missed XP's, drove to the goal line, and fumbled going into the endzone. Grambling recovered the ball, drove all the down the whole field, then proceeded to fumble at the 1 yard line too.
watched it...have no idea why grambling was in hurry up there and cost themselves the game with that ove. They should of rna as much clock a spossible an ran a qb sneak...but...

Advertisement
watched it...have no idea why grambling was in hurry up there and cost themselves the game with that ove. They should of rna as much clock a spossible an ran a qb sneak...but...

I feel like they panicked, cuz not only that...JSU defense was gassed and Grambling called a timeout in the middle of their own momentum? That was Richt level of silly. But despite all that...idk how you just don't have it in your head as a running back to hold on to the ball when you just watched JSU drop it on your goal. Smh

Not true Liberty!!! I’ll gladly watch some FCS games - the athletes are all that great but they play with great passion. Heck a NDSU vs SDSU is great.

I'd buy tickets to see a NDSU vs. SDSU game in a heartbeat if I didn't have to stay there overnight.

Great teams, excellent fan bases, highly competitive games, good hard playing athletes, EXCELLENT COACHES.

Advertisement
How could those "expert" HS talent evaluators have been so wrong on Lingard? He was a 5 star, no? What did they miss, and how?

I feel like they panicked, cuz not only that...JSU defense was gassed and Grambling called a timeout in the middle of their own momentum? That was Richt level of silly. But despite all that...idk how you just don't have it in your head as a running back to hold on to the ball when you just watched JSU drop it on your goal. Smh
Aside from the early sloppiness and target calls, very entertaining game to watch.

How could those "expert" HS talent evaluators have been so wrong on Lingard? He was a 5 star, no? What did they miss, and how?

I’ve broke this down thoroughly.

He had great size, speed, ran track, put up great numbers, tested well at all the national camps.....his potential & production was A+....but, his comp was suspect & he played in a simplified offense.

There’s a lot that goes into rankings, but it’s not an exact science. With that being said, the recruiting sites’ hit on blue chips is a lot more successful than not. That’s why u have to continue to recruit, heavy. Some blue chips are overrated, and even if u do hit, impatience can cause attrition both physically &/or mentally.

Where u guys watching these games? Been searching for offerings never find on any of the standard package stations . U gotta sign up for the Ocho???

Advertisement
Back