FCS Spring Football

Been to few games at ETSU - SoCon - in the past and may try to catch one or 2 - weather permitting. If you love football, there’s some great games played in the lower levels. Been to several games at Tusculum - SAC. Great little stadium and some good games.

Advertisement
Is Tarleton’s QB Duncan the same 1 that played at WKU? I remember him from when they played Marshall if so, he was decent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think FCS Football in the Spring is perfect, it doesn’t make sense to go the whole Spring & early Summer with no Football. With the FBS playing from August/September - December, it makes perfect sense to have the FCS play from Feb/March - May/June.

It also would help FCS players in terms of the Portal, because they could play in the Spring & put on film their ability & enter the Portal in the Summer & get enrolled for a FBS school in the Fall & still have eligibility to play if they wanted to.

I know most don’t care about FCS ball though lol
Not true Liberty!!! I’ll gladly watch some FCS games - the athletes are all that great but they play with great passion. Heck a NDSU vs SDSU is great.

I think FCS Football in the Spring is perfect, it doesn’t make sense to go the whole Spring & early Summer with no Football. With the FBS playing from August/September - December, it makes perfect sense to have the FCS play from Feb/March - May/June.

It also would help FCS players in terms of the Portal, because they could play in the Spring & put on film their ability & enter the Portal in the Summer & get enrolled for a FBS school in the Fall & still have eligibility to play if they wanted to.

I know most don’t care about FCS ball though lol
That would be a very smart idea if they just make that official from now on.

Advertisement
Yes, but they will play in the Fall.

Their season starts in September vs Deion Sanders Jackson State team.
The wife and I (alums) are already looking at tickets and flights to the game!

Coach Simmons turned the team around in a just a few years. We go to all the home games we can and X man is probably their best player on offense. They’re also going to have a QB battle between McKay, the local who went to Godby and the transfer I believe from Kansas St.

Advertisement
The wife and I (alums) are already looking at tickets and flights to the game!

Coach Simmons turned the team around in a just a few years. We go to all the home games we can and X man is probably their best player on offense. They’re also going to have a QB battle between McKay, the local who went to Godby and the transfer I believe from Kansas St.
Yeah John Holcombe he transferred from K State last year & is finally eligible this year.

I played & coached FCS level, so it’s near & dear to my heart, I always keep up with the coaches in the FCS because they eventually get hired at FBS programs, especially coaches from the Southland Conference.

But I’ll be updating this thread throughout the Spring with the games that will be played.

The SWAC, the Southland, the WAC, Big Sky, Big South, CAA, MEAC (only 4 games), MVFC (Missouri Valley Conference), NEC (Northeast Conference), OVC (Ohio Valley), Patriot League, Pioneer League & SoCon, will all play, but several teams from all these conferences have opted out & most of the schools are only playing a 4, 6 or 8 game schedule.
What’s your thoughts on JSU. I’m curious to see the impact the p5 level recruits and transfers will make there.

Advertisement
Back