FCS Spring Football

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
FCS Spring Football kicks off today with McNeese St (Louisiana school in the Southland Conference) taking on Tarleton St. (Texas school in WAC conference).

If you have the Fox Sports Go app you can watch it here: https://a.fsgo.com/rZXPiT98Qdb

McNeese St is lead by head Coach Frank Wilson Louisiana native who spent the last 3 years as HC at UTSA & before that was RB’s coach on Les Miles staff at LSU.

Tarleton State up until 2019 was a DII program in the Lone Star conference & is making it’s debut in D1 football as official members of the WAC. Lead by Coach Todd Whitten who’s been HC there since 2016 & was WR’s coach at UTEP for 3 years before that.

McNeese has the early lead in the 1st quarter 10-3

Advertisement
I think FCS Football in the Spring is perfect, it doesn’t make sense to go the whole Spring & early Summer with no Football. With the FBS playing from August/September - December, it makes perfect sense to have the FCS play from Feb/March - May/June.

It also would help FCS players in terms of the Portal, because they could play in the Spring & put on film their ability & enter the Portal in the Summer & get enrolled for a FBS school in the Fall & still have eligibility to play if they wanted to.

I know most don’t care about FCS ball though lol

Advertisement
I think FCS Football in the Spring is perfect, it doesn’t make sense to go the whole Spring & early Summer with no Football. With the FBS playing from August/September - December, it makes perfect sense to have the FCS play from Feb/March - May/June.

It also would help FCS players in terms of the Portal, because they could play in the Spring & put on film their ability & enter the Portal in the Summer & get enrolled for a FBS school in the Fall & still have eligibility to play if they wanted to.

I know most don’t care about FCS ball though lol
Solid idea. I actually love FCS football, had a few buddies who played for JU when they were actually decent and ranked for a couple years.

Always have to catch some FCS playoffs when they are on TV.

Solid idea. I actually love FCS football, had a few buddies who played for JU when they were actually decent and ranked for a couple years.

Always have to catch some FCS playoffs when they are on TV.
I played & coached FCS level, so it’s near & dear to my heart, I always keep up with the coaches in the FCS because they eventually get hired at FBS programs, especially coaches from the Southland Conference.

But I’ll be updating this thread throughout the Spring with the games that will be played.

The SWAC, the Southland, the WAC, Big Sky, Big South, CAA, MEAC (only 4 games), MVFC (Missouri Valley Conference), NEC (Northeast Conference), OVC (Ohio Valley), Patriot League, Pioneer League & SoCon, will all play, but several teams from all these conferences have opted out & most of the schools are only playing a 4, 6 or 8 game schedule.

Last edited:
I played & coached FCS level, so it’s near & dear to my heart, I always keep up with the coaches in the FCS because they eventually get hired at FBS programs, especially coaches from the Southland Conference.

But I’ll be updating this thread throughout the Spring with the games that will be played.

The SWAC, the Southland, the WAC, Big Sky, Big South, CAA, MEAC (only 4 games), MVFC (Missouri Valley Conference), NEC, OVC (Ohio Valley), Patriot League, Pioneer League & SoCon, will all play, but several teams form all these conferences have opted out & most of the schools are only playing a 4, 6 or 8 game schedule.
I’ll be tuning in to this thread for sure. I’ve always had an affinity for FCS football. Watched a lot of Kerwin Bell’s teams at JU, even though he’s a Gator I always have thought highly of him as a coach. My friend was a 4 year starter at QB at JU and I still think til this day if he was the QB at UM during that time we would have won a National Championship.

Advertisement
I'm glad you're into this Spring football, LCE.

I will watch plenty of FCS football during the fall...but I could not care less about this year's spring football man. More power to you. Over here watching this terrible UFC prelim card instead.

I'm glad you're into this Spring football, LCE.

I will watch plenty of FCS football during the fall...but I could not care less about this year's spring football man. More power to you. Over here watching this terrible UFC prelim card instead.
I’m watching both, I just seen Polyana armbar Martin lol. But I can’t wait to see Usman vs Burns tonight.

And Spring ball is good sh*t imo, can’t go 8 months with no college football, I start having withdrawals lol.

The Texans take the lead over McNeese to begin the 3rd quarter...

Upset brewing? Tarleton State was a D2 school up until last year, McNeese should have a decided talent advantage over them but Tarleton is really taking it to them thus far.

Advertisement
They could at least put them on ESPN U or Fox Sports.
They will for some games, this is just the first game, so they kept in on the Fox sports go app.

The MEAC & SWAC games will be on ESPNU & ESPN 2 in the upcoming weeks.

Advertisement

Tarleton is opening up a can on McNeese, they’re up 24-10 at end of the 3rd quarter.

Upset coming.

They will for some games, this is just the first game, so they kept in on the Fox sports go app.

The MEAC & SWAC games will be on ESPNU & ESPN 2 in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks that answers my question. I’m glad some of the games will be on tv. Love basketball but glad to have some football to watch too. I can’t really fw the really lower divisions but there is some good football going on at the FCS level.

Advertisement
Back