FB Realus George excited for the future

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami fullback commit Realus George made the trip down to Coral Gables from Mechanicsville, Georgia this weekend for his official visit. He spoke with CanesInSight about his three days in south Florida.

George took a visit to Miami for the Notre Dame game and has been a commit ever since. He described the difference between this weekend and the time he previously visited.

“This trip was basically more of a family thing,” George said. “Everybody was getting to know each other and we were able to hang around the current players and coaches so it was good to see how everyone moves and interacts with each other.”

Nothing necessarily surprised him about Miami’s scenery, but the camaraderie amongst the Storm 18 class caught his attention more than anything.

“The weather was nice, the views are beautiful, and everything else that people say about Miami, I was ready for. What was eye-opening was just how well everyone got along and got to know each other. Again, it felt like a family,” he reiterated.

The 6-2, 250-pound nimble-footed fullback knows he’s lucky to be coming in with two extremely talented backs in Lorenzo Lingard and Cam Davis.

“I‎t was good to meet Cam and get to know him. We played video games and all that kinda stuff — it was good being with Lorenzo and him as a group because that’s probably the crew I’ll be spending most of my time with when I’m there. I‎t was good to meet their families too.”

I asked George if he noticed any differences between recruits from Georgia and from south Florida. His answer was priceless.

“The funny thing is that we are a lot alike. We have more similarities than you would think,” George said. “Well, besides a couple of them — my boy Gilbert (Frierson) has the gold teeth and the chains. They all got chains, so I need to get me a few neck pieces. I definitely will, because that’s what you do when you play for The U.”

Canes strength and conditioning coach Gus Felder might be more excited about George than anybody else in the class given what he’s going to be working with. George himself already senses that Coach Felder is going to be an integral part of his success.

“I got the vibe that he’s going to be hard on me and push me a lot,” George said. “He’s definitely going to motivate me to become a better athlete and I can’t wait to work with him.”

The most surreal moment for him was putting on the orange and green for the first time.

“Putting the uniforms on was like — I was ready to come out of the tunnel. We were talking about teams we were gonna play and they’re in trouble. We went 10-2 this year and hopefully 11-2 after the bowl game, so it’s only gonna get better,” he said.

“I’m excited, I can’t lie to you. I just want the fans to know that we’ll keep winning and The U will get back to being known for that.”

Advertisement
Miami fullback commit Realus George made the trip down to Coral Gables from Mechanicsville, Georgia this weekend for his official visit. He spoke with CanesInSight about his three days in south Florida.

George took a visit to Miami for the Notre Dame game and has been a commit ever since. He described the difference between this weekend and the time he previously visited.

“This trip was basically more of a family thing,” George said. “Everybody was getting to know each other and we were able to hang around the current players and coaches so it was good to see how everyone moves and interacts with each other.”

Nothing necessarily surprised him about Miami’s scenery, but the camaraderie amongst the Storm 18 class caught his attention more than anything.

“The weather was nice, the views are beautiful, and everything else that people say about Miami, I was ready for. What was eye-opening was just how well everyone got along and got to know each other. Again, it felt like a family,” he reiterated.

The 6-2, 250-pound nimble-footed fullback knows he’s lucky to be coming in with two extremely talented backs in Lorenzo Lingard and Cam Davis.

“I‎t was good to meet Cam and get to know him. We played video games and all that kinda stuff — it was good being with Lorenzo and him as a group because that’s probably the crew I’ll be spending most of my time with when I’m there. I‎t was good to meet their families too.”

I asked George if he noticed any differences between recruits from Georgia and from south Florida. His answer was priceless.

“The funny thing is that we are a lot alike. We have more similarities than you would think,” George said. “Well, besides a couple of them — my boy Gilbert (Frierson) has the gold teeth and the chains. They all got chains, so I need to get me a few neck pieces. I definitely will, because that’s what you do when you play for The U.”

Canes strength and conditioning coach Gus Felder might be more excited about George than anybody else in the class given what he’s going to be working with. George himself already senses that Coach Felder is going to be an integral part of his success.

“I got the vibe that he’s going to be hard on me and push me a lot,” George said. “He’s definitely going to motivate me to become a better athlete and I can’t wait to work with him.”

The most surreal moment for him was putting on the orange and green for the first time.

“Putting the uniforms on was like — I was ready to come out of the tunnel. We were talking about teams we were gonna play and they’re in trouble. We went 10-2 this year and hopefully 11-2 after the bowl game, so it’s only gonna get better,” he said.

“I’m excited, I can’t lie to you. I just want the fans to know that we’ll keep winning and The U will get back to being known for that.”
THAT is what an excited commit sounds like coming off a visit. Not the iffy, calculated statement we heard from Asante coming back from BFE Tallahassee.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Great kid, I got a chance to spend a lot of time with him.

Coaches have settled on calling him Mr. George. LMAO

Realus is just like his name states...REAL.

No games or drama. Dude knows what is brewing and is excited to be a big part of it.

Dude is a monster. Big time get!

We have a class full of great players that are also highly intelligent with a chip on their shoulder.

That’s an EXTREMELY dangerous combination for the rest of college football.

Advertisement

Hahaha. I was betting on "Pops" but Mr. George works. Already one of my favorite recruits. Can't wait to see him start blowing up fools.

Not taking an ounce from Lo, or cam,... But listening to the commentary after one of those 2 breaks on off for 25-30 yards,.. And they immediately go to the replay,.........
And show Me. George knock some lB into oblivion!!
George gonna get himself some film down here!!

Hahaha. I was betting on "Pops" but Mr. George works. Already one of my favorite recruits. Can't wait to see him start blowing up fools.

That’s hilarious that you said that, because the recruits starting calling him that & Coach Richt stepped in & said that he’s Pops, so he can be Mr. George from now on. We **** near fell out from laughter.

Advertisement

That’s hilarious that you said that, because the recruits starting calling him that & Coach Richt stepped in & said that he’s Pops, so he can be Mr. George from now on. We **** near fell out from laughter.

Hahaha! Phenomenal.

It will be interesting to see how Richt uses this guy. In the past Richt ran a true pro style system and would use a fullback a lot, now with his RPO I’m not sure how much he will use this kid. I just want to see us convert in 3rd and short and go alone opportunities for the first time in what seems like forever.

Advertisement
Mechanicsville is inner city atlanta.This is gonna be a tough nose kid who wont be scared in big moments. To me i think he just needs to cut some weight and he should be ready to go. This should be a project Felder really takes on...

Advertisement
Back