Favorite Recruit(s) of this cycle?

JoJo.

His route running is advanced for a HS player. Him playing CB helps him understand how to manipulate a CB when he's at WR. He sets up CB and he's so smooth out of his break, it's not any wasted movement.

I've said it multiple times, he reminds me of Stefon Diggs.

He'll make an instant impact solely off his ability to work corners in route running.

Advertisement
JoJo.

His route running is advanced for a HS player. Him playing CB helps him understand how to manipulate a CB when he's at WR. He sets up CB and he's so smooth out of his break, it's not any wasted movement.

I've said it multiple times, he reminds me of Stefon Diggs.

He'll make an instant impact solely off his ability to work corners in route running.
I'm hoping we don't go after any portal WRs because I wanna see these true freshman make an impact next year. Carr and JoJo as well as Ray Ray could play a big role next year.

Advertisement
Favorite we targeted? Or committed? Stewart is my number 1

Pause
Carr and Cole are up there……..ZP as well

Advertisement
Every player that signs their Letter of Intent to play for the Canes. This is a hugely important class.

We already have a very impressive OL and our DL will be fierce in 1-2 yrs between our existing talent & this stellar incoming DL class. Combine that with all the talent at the skill positions & the future is very bright.

Here’s to finishing this class out really strong so we continue our rise back to national prominence.

It’s Lofton for me:

catches passes, incredible YAC, runs the ball and is an effective blocker. Most of all, he scores TDs…20 this year for the #1 high school team in the US.
His versatility reminds me of the way the 49ers use their multitalented players. Deebo, Ayuuk, Kittle, McCaffrey and Juszcyk. They all catch, run, block and explode with yards after catch, YAC. McCaffrey can throw the ball as well. Line them up anywhere. Put them in motion.

This versatility makes their offense so unpredictable. I want that element added to our Canes!

Last edited:
Oh man! That's tough.

In no particular order........

1. Cam Pruitt
2. Jojo Trader
3. Ny Carr
4. Justin Scott
5. Artavious Jones
6. Kevin Riley
7. Zaquan Patterson
8. Marques Lightfoot
9. Cole McConathy
10. Elija Lofton

Advertisement
Lightfoot because we needed him and shocked Ohio at the time. Ny Carr because we stuffed UGA and he gonna ball. And McConathy because i think people are gonna wonder how he was rated that low.

Riley and Scott, for me. Riley has all the tools to be an incredible back. I don’t think we’re as “guaranteed” to lose him to Bama as many people think. But, if we do, it’s going to be extremely frustrating knowing that we had him all this time and then lost him less than a week before ESD. Scott isn’t just a freakish athlete, but bigger picture these are the type of dudes we MUST start stacking on the D-Line if we’re ever going to get back to where we hope. Trench bullies, on both sides of the L.O.S., is what separates the haves from the have nots.

Advertisement
So I made a similar post on our board, but for discussion sake as this cycle comes to a close, who are your favorite recruits from this cycle, and why?

For us, really like Boo Carter, Mike Matthews, Bennett Warren, and Jake Merklinger.

From yalls, I think Z Patterson was my favorite of yalls that I saw. Just a physical safety but built for modern ball
Zaquan is how you build the modern day box safety. He’ll be a first rounder one day.

Advertisement
Back