Favorite plays UM/FSU

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25719

My all time favorite and there have been so many great ones but Gino to Lamar is tops. My cugina wasn’t our best QB but G was as tough as anyone and a true Hurricane on and off the field. Dude that hit him took three running steps after the ball was gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
  1. Barrow ‘targeting’ Vanover. For the sheer violence.
  2. Wide Right 1 Missed FG in 1991. No NC without the miss.
  3. Dorsey-Shockey TD in last minute in 2000. We back.
  4. Jeff Davis game-winning FG in 1983. No NC without the kick.
  5. Walsh to Irvin TD in last minutes in 1987.
  6. Carlos Jones pick-6 to seal win in 1994.
  7. Fake punt with DJ Williams in 2003 Orange Bowl.
  8. Vinny Testaverde scramble and TD pass to Alonzo Highsmith in 1986.
  9. Last play of 31-0 season opener in 1988. For the shutout of preseason #1 FSU
  10. Berlin to Moss TD in last minute to tie in 2004. Win in OT. Chrissy Rix goes 0-5 vs The U.

Advertisement
  1. Barrow ‘targeting’ Vanover. For the sheer violence.
  2. Wide Right 1 Missed FG in 1991. No NC without the miss.
  3. Dorsey-Shockey TD in last minute in 2000. We back.
  4. Jeff Davis game-winning FG in 1983. No NC without the kick.
  5. Walsh to Irvin TD in last minutes in 1987.
  6. Carlos Jones pick-6 to seal win in 1994.
  7. Fake punt with DJ Williams in 2003 Orange Bowl.
  8. Vinny Testaverde scramble and TD pass to Alonzo Highsmith in 1986.
  9. Last play of 31-0 season opener in 1988. For the shutout of preseason #1 FSU
  10. Berlin to Moss TD in last minute to tie in 2004. Win in OT. Chrissy Rix goes 0-5 vs The U.
11. Sean Taylor “X Factor” pick six in the downpour in ‘03.
12. Bubba McDowell knocking down the 2-point conversion pass to preserve the win in ‘87.
13. Freddie Capshaw, while holding for a field goal that was about to get blocked, picking up the ball and outrunning the defense for a TD in ‘01.

11. Sean Taylor “X Factor” pick six in the downpour in ‘03.
12. Bubba McDowell knocking down the 2-point conversion pass to preserve the win in ‘87.
13. Freddie Capshaw, while holding for a field goal that was about to get blocked, picking up the ball and outrunning the defense for a TD in ‘01.
Oh, add ST26’a pick-6. How could I forget that? Slap me.
The Capshaw TD was fun, but had no real bearing in the outcome.

The McDowell play won the game, technically, but without the Walsh-Irvin play to take the late lead there is no win. We could also add Walsh-Bratton TD earlier, and Danny Stubb’s backfield interception. The whole 4th quarter of that game is GOAT.

Edit: The game was tied at 19 before the Walsh-Irvin play. It was 3rd-and-long, 2:32 left. No first down, let alone TD, and the Canes punt. Who knows what would have happened without that pass?

1600744922311.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back