Favorite plays of all time?

Advertisement
It's a tie for me, but all that have been mentioned are worthy:
1) The pick 6 against Boston College, where Ed Reed strips the ball from our own player to put an exclamation mark and solidify the win. Under 30 seconds and BC is going in for the winning score against the greatest team of all time. Had we lost that game the "Greatest Team of All Time" is seriously tainted with a loss, but big-time players, make big-time plays in big-time moments, and that was proven there.

1a) 3rd and 43 - In a game where Notre Dame was the national darling and the rivalry between our two schools was at an epic level, there was no better "shove-it-up-your-***" moment than converting a 3rd and 43 by Randall "Thrill" Hill, where you just know everything is going your way. I've been to countless venues, (loudest football stadiums, basketball arenas, baseball stadiums) and I've never been to any place louder than the Orange Bowl that night and that play. My ears are still ringing from that moment, and I can't even explain it, but the crowd noise kicked into a higher deafening pitch, that I've never had duplicated again.
Dumb move to strip the ball — taking the chance that something would go wrong. Didn’t need the TD. Let Walter keep the **** ball and hit the ground. Game over.

Advertisement
What about Michigan game? ‘88 maybe? Down like 28 in the 4th? And win!!!! I was playing wildcat football and announcer kept giving the score.

Watch that game if you’ve never seen it!!!

Greg mark, bill Hawkins , Shane curry , Russell Maryland. God dog!!! Will we ever be this good?

What about Michigan game? ‘88 maybe? Down like 28 in the 4th? And win!!!! I was playing wildcat football and announcer kept giving the score.

Watch that game if you’ve never seen it!!!

Greg mark, bill Hawkins , Shane curry , Russell Maryland. God dog!!! Will we ever be this good?

The comeback begins at around 1:12, with 7+ minutes left and the Canes down 30-14.
Do yourself a favor: You will enjoy this. One of my favorite Cane memories.
And there’s a Father Leo sighting on the sidelines!

Advertisement
Dumb move to strip the ball — taking the chance that something would go wrong. Didn’t need the TD. Let Walter keep the **** ball and hit the ground. Game over.
1659413964274.gif

This doesn’t get talked about enough, but this game was one of the greatest performances in single game in school history by a QB...

King literally WILLED this team to victory while the Defense was completely hemorrhaging & couldn’t stop a soul

This game solidified King as one of my favorite QB’s in school history & was the perfect encapsulation of his tenure at Miami & what kind of leader he was; steadfast, tough & unrelenting.

Advertisement
The Rooster TD vs Louisville... not because it had a special memory, it was just so well executed, I remember him running free to the endzone and I was like "I can get used to this lol"

This doesn’t get talked about enough, but this game was one of the greatest performances in single game in school history by a QB...

King literally WILLED this team to victory while the Defense was completely hemorrhaging & couldn’t stop a soul

This game solidified King as one of my favorite QB’s in school history & was the perfect encapsulation of his tenure at Miami & what kind of leader he was; steadfast, tough & unrelenting.

This was also the game that Wiggins and Pope started to wake up. For a week at least

Advertisement
Not old enough to have watched and remember 1979 Penn St vs Miami with Kelly and Scott Nicolas’s 26 tackles on defense. Anything from that game memorable, from those that watched it live. I’ve been told that’s the game that started it all. 🤔

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back