Favorite Players from this year's team

Advertisement
A few players who give everything they have (sacrifice) every single day for their teammates and this school.

Dallas - position change, platooning
Patchan - injuries, position changes
Murphy/Few/Ragone - fought through Walk-on status to contribute
Knowles - defeated ALL of the naysayers
J Miller - overcame preconceived notions to contribute with Ford and Silvera
Nelson - challenged more than any player in a Cane uniform in a very long time

Advertisement
This year was an abomination, but I want to shout out the guys I loved on this team.

1) DJ Dallas. Enough said. That long run against vt was unreal.
2) N'Kosi Perry - not the most talented, but should have had one of the great Miami comebacks of all time against VT this year. Weirdly positive influence on the sidelines despite losing the qb competition as the incumbent.
3)Scaife - should be getting developed as an NFL prospect at guard, but is playing out of position for the betterment of the team
4)Zion - don't get the hate on this board. Should be redshirting. Leagues better than the third year scrubs that are backing him up(as we all saw against Duke). Crazy work ethic to put the weight on and improved through the year.
5)Bubba Bolden - Bad break after bad break, but looked like the best, most athletic player in our secondary when he was in there. No one I'm rooting for harder to have a bounce back year.

5 guys that still make me proud to be affiliated with this team and University.

Will Mallory. Probably going to be a career backup as long as Brevin jordan is here, doesnt let that affect him and does his thing. Plus he balls out when his number is called.

Love all the kids except the ones causing the cancer to spread. Don't know who they are, but get those facker off the team no matter the talent.

Dallas, Jordan, GR15, Hedley.
Image result for up there gif

Advertisement
In addition to obvious calls (such as DJ, #15, Brevin & all the others mentioned above), Dee Wiggins and Mike Harley deserve props for really developing nicely this season. Given his speed, I was particularly excited to see Dee become productive.

Kosi also deserves major credit for being a team player, demonstrating considerable maturity and fighting his hardest when he had the opportunity. His leadership was badly needed at various points in the season.

Murphy also deserves recognition for delivering maximum effort at all times...and setting a great example...that unfortunately not many others followed. If every player on the team showed his level of grit & determination, the team's results would be dramatically different.

Mallory. He really flourished when given the opportunity. Flashed the kind of brilliance we all expected from the beginning of the season. If he continues to work hard, he will be a very good one for us. Also strikes me as an unselfish teammate. Hope the OC makes a two-headed monster out of Brevin & Mallory next season. That would be a nightmare for opponents to defend.

Advertisement
-greg Rousseau nothing needs to be said about him, he was fantastic

-Brevin Jordan great player, wish he was healthy the last few games, we have needed him.

-Shaq quarterman ( going to miss shaq, very productive player)

- Romeo Finley, shout out to him, always consistent

-Trevon hill (loved his passion he played with and I thought he was the best dlineman after Rousseau this year

-Jarren Williams (people will only point out the Bad about jarrens play but he also flashed some talent and leadership abilities too at times)

- I like Perry effort in that va tech game too, hope he succeeds whatever he decides he’s going to do

-deejay Dallas( I dont Like all the loud mouthing on social media And then the season turns out to be a dud but maybe that’s why diaz think so highly of him because that’s exactly what Diaz did entering season. Regardless he earned my respect with the way he played in a Number of games this season aS I was a bit lower than most on him.

-bubba bolden/al blades loved the way these two played this year outside of 1-2 games combined(blades fiu game and bolden it was just a play but it really was an offensive pI call that wasn’t called)

Lou headley, he was great this season .

Shout out to cam Harris, love the way he plays too.
You picked 12 players. You can’t pick 12 players on a 6-6 team that lost to FIU and snuck by CoRch McEltooth & CMU.

ok, I’ll give it a shot:

DeeJay - I always liked him as I just felt he was simply a really good football player and this year he just played great and he’s a great Cane too.

GR15 - The dude did all that he did without those first few games. He would have feasted on the gaytor and UNC OLines

Offense= KJ, made some plays and came to work everyday
Defense = Bandy, he didn't have the expected type of play, but he comes to play
* Got to give Kosi some love. He took this season like an adult. He never left practice, never took time away to sort things out, he just kept with the come on's. I truly believe, that his play would have been much better if he wasn't looking over his shoulder all year. This is also coming from someone who really don't care who was QB1 was, as long as they played like it.

Either the players or the coaches sucked. Maybe it was both but really can't tell that. Lot of this staff has been here on their 4th year so I say coaches suck. For that reason, I like all the players -- the are Cane Family and coaches are hired help.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back