Favorite Player

My favorite player is Gil Frierson. I think he's one of the most important players on our team. He was a monster last year vs Clemson and VaTech. Now that Diaz has taken control of the defense, I think Gil has a monster season. I hope Manny blitzes him because I think he is special as a blitzing LB/Striker/nickel

Who is your favorite player and why?
Don Channey / He is the next great and could push us over the top if he takes over games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A lot of good options.

1) Key Smiff (from a talent perspective)
2) Don Chaney (from a true cane perspective. Silvera close here also)
3) Gil Frierson (from a funny goon personality perspective)

Advertisement
On offense I would have to say King. The offense goes as he goes so the better he plays, the better we rack up points. Defensively, I’m very intrigued by the young frosh, namely JW and LT. If they can get up with the speed of the college game both are going to be big contributors to this season.

I haven't had a favorite since DJ Dallas. His attitude was fantastic. But some of my current candidates are: King, Harley, Restrepo, Gil, Chaney, and Zion Nelson.

Also, looking forward to see how players like Chase Smith (my favorite recruit for this last cycle), LT, James Williams, and the younger guys progress.

Advertisement
Lou Hedley. He’s closest to my age
He may punt the ball out of the stadium

HTND7YRGI4I6TIRWH6DV6WNNWM.jpg

King. He does everything the right way on and off the field. He is a leader who leads by example. He has embraced Miami. He's overcome real adversity in his life. He came back for another year. He's battled his way back from injury. And if this program is really going to turn a corner this year, it will be first and foremost because of him. King.

Runner-up for me is Harley. Local guy who bleeds orange and green. Fought through early struggles and the criticism that comes with it to elevate his game last season. And now he's one of the leaders of the team.

Advertisement
My favorite player is Gil Frierson. I think he's one of the most important players on our team. He was a monster last year vs Clemson and VaTech. Now that Diaz has taken control of the defense, I think Gil has a monster season. I hope Manny blitzes him because I think he is special as a blitzing LB/Striker/nickel

Who is your favorite player and why?
Every time I pick a favorite player they go to sh*t or something tragic happens to them. I might be cursed. I'll sit this one out and just say I hate everyone on this team.

I haven't had a favorite since DJ Dallas. His attitude was fantastic. But some of my current candidates are: King, Harley, Restrepo, Gil, Chaney, and Zion Nelson.

Also, looking forward to see how players like Chase Smith (my favorite recruit for this last cycle), LT, James Williams, and the younger guys progress.
I was going to say Chase Smith because no one did until I saw this post. Anyways these are all great choices and reasons and it’s almost impossible to pick 1 player. With that being said I don’t know if I could honestly put anyone over King with his leadership qualities making the whole team better. I do think Bubba has similar leadership qualities on the other side of the ball.

King. He does everything the right way on and off the field. He is a leader who leads by example. He has embraced Miami. He's overcome real adversity in his life. He came back for another year. He's battled his way back from injury. And if this program is really going to turn a corner this year, it will be first and foremost because of him. King.

Runner-up for me is Harley. Local guy who bleeds orange and green. Fought through early struggles and the criticism that comes with it to elevate his game last season. And now he's one of the leaders of the team.
Totally agree. There are several other exceptional young men on this team.

Mallory
Bolden
Rique
X man
Gaynor - even with all the **** he gets
Zion

Just to name a few. It’s encouraging for me to see so many exceptional young men. Not just as football players, but off the field as well.

Advertisement
Back