Favorite FSU pictures

Despite my deepest negative feelings regarding this coaching staff, BEAT FSU. Lets ruin their ****ing season!
Duke goes for 200 plus
Kaaya Throws for 250
Dorito and Golden find a way to run an aggressive defense
Denzel puts winston out the game...later found in a SF publix

Drinking All Night!!!!!

Im proud of you bro.

Advertisement
BOWDEN_BOWL_1231260a_1.JPG

barrowdestroyingvanover.gif

[video=youtube;IpDNr-2JIDw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IpDNr-2JIDw[/video]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If you don't get fired up after going through this thread....

...you might need to check your pulse because you just may be dead!

Advertisement
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_f1GzmwHo[/video]
When: In 2001, the number one ranked Miami Hurricanes led FSU 21-13 at halftime, but senior safety Ed Reed felt his team’s effort wasn’t up to par, so he delivered this heartfelt speech before the team ran out of the tunnel. Miami went undefeated that year and won the National Championship.
Memorable Line: “I’m hurt, dog. Don’t ask me if I’m all right. **** naw!”

The speech has become as much a part of University of Miami football folklore as national championships and All-Americans.

In 2001, the top-ranked Hurricanes led Florida State 21-13 at halftime. After coach Larry Coker addressed the team, safety Ed Reed took it one step further because he felt UM wasn't playing with enough emotion.

"I'm hurt, dawg; don't ask me if I'm all right," Reed said as the team prepared to take the field. "****, naw. [Offensive tackle] Joaquin [Gonzalez] said, 'Dominate,' and we're not doing it. I'm putting my heart in this [expletive]. Let's go, man."

The Hurricanes erupted for 28 points in the third quarter on the way to a 49-27 victory. The speech has become the signature moment of Reed's time at UM, but it hardly defined his career.

After setting the school's career mark for interception, he became the NFL's top safety and is the choice for the No. 1 football player among the top 25 in UM history.

The proof is in the numbers.

Reed has been selected to six Pro Bowls since being drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in 2002. He was the 2004 NFL Defensive Player of the Year and is considered one of the league's most dominant defenders.

Some analysts are calling him the best to play the safety position.

What sets him apart is leadership.

He had a chance to leave UM after his junior season, but stayed because he wanted to win a national championship. That season, he intercepted nine passes, surpassing Bennie Blades for the most in school history (21). He had two key interceptions in a 26-24 victory against Virginia Tech that clinched a berth in the Rose Bowl, where the Hurricanes beat Nebraska for the national title.

"What a great leader he is," Coker said after the victory against the Hokies. "Before we played Washington, the players had some skits and things — kind of making fun of the coaches. Guys were having a great time, and I sort of had him alone and he said, `You know, Coach; that's why I came back.'

"Edward Reed came back and has a chance to play for a national championship. And that's what this is all about."

Last edited:
sp-fsu.jpg

FSU's Chance Gwaltney's punt is blocked by Miami's Edward Reed in the first quarter. The ball was picked up by Miami's Markese Fitzgerald and run in for a touchdown.

500x281

500x281

Michael Irvin's 73-yard touchdown reception in the 1987 UM-FSU game provided the margin of victory for the Hurricanes.

239x425

UM's Jesse Mitchell (79) exults as dejected Florida State kicker Gerry Thomas (15) leaves the field after missing a field goal that would have won the game for FSU. Miami defeated No. 1 FSU 17-16.

500x281

FSU kicker Dan Mowrey burries his head after missing a 38-yard field goal against Miami the became known as Wide Right II. 1992

425x425

Florida State kicker Matt Munyon (86) reacts after missing a field goal in the final seconds that would have tied the game against Miami at the Orange Bowl.

498x280

Miami quarterback Ken Dorsey runs to the sidelines after hitting tight end Jeremy Shockey for the winning touchdown.

239x425

FSU offensive lineman Ronald Boldin lays face down on the Orange Bowl turf while Miami celebrates.

500x281

Miami safety Ed Reed (20) picks off a Chris Rix pass, and Rix gives chase at right..

500x281

Offensive lineman Chris Myers (77) of Miami takes the field as he emerges from the smoke before the game against Florida State at the Orange Bowl.

500x281

Miami running back Willis McGahee runs past the FSU bench on his 61-yard run in the 4th quarter to set up Jason Gaethers' game winning touchdown a few moments later. FSU's Kyler Hall dives for McGahee.

500x281

Miami wide receiver Jason Gaethers is mobbed by teammates after running in the touchdown that put miami ahead for good.

500x281

Miami's Kellen Winslow Jr. celebrates his second-quarter touchdown that put the Hurricanes back into the game just before halftime.

239x425

Florida State kicker Xavier Beitia attempts a final-second, game-winning field goal against the Miami Hurricanes at the Orange Bowl. The 43-year attempt went wide left and Miami won 28-27.

500x281

Xavier Beitia (47) of Florida State is comforted after missing a game-winning field goal attempt against Miami.

500x281

Florida State's Chris Rix scrambles for yardage during the fourth quarter of their 22-14 loss to Miami at Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee.

500x281

Miami's Thomas Carroll celebrates with teammate Baraka Atkins after picking up a FSU fumble during the third quarter of the Hurricanes 22-14 victory over the Seminoles at Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee.

397x397

Jon Beason comforts a stunned Ernie Simms on the FSU bench after the game.

239x425

Miami's Frank Gore celebrates scoring the winning touchdown in overtime.

500x281

UM's Sinorce Moss celebrates his game-tying touchdown against FSU.

500x281

Miami running back Charlie Jones dives in for a second-quarter touchdown against FSU.

Advertisement
Back