Favorite Childhood UM Team

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y'all don't realize how close the 81 team was from Winning a NC...They beat 5 ranked teams including #1 Penn St...Horrendous calls/no calls cost us the Texas and Miss games...We'd have Curb stomped the Clemson team that Won it....

Preach. Wasn’t born yet, but I heard about that 81 team and how Schnelly had them real close to winning it. Got screwed out of 2 L’s

My earliest memories are of the 89 team, but I was only 10 and barely remember them. They were the team that got me really into college football and made me an actual Miami fan though.

Not technically my childhood, but I'd say the '00 - '02 teams were the best Miami team that I remember really knowing quite well.

On a side note, I really respect anyone who's childhood was like '06 or later. We know you're not front-runners if those were your "good old days "

Y'all don't realize how close the 81 team was from Winning a NC...They beat 5 ranked teams including #1 Penn St...Horrendous calls/no calls cost us the Texas and Miss games...We'd have Curb stomped the Clemson team that Won it....
Loved 81 year that help the team actually realize we can not only hang with the good teams but beat them as well.setting the stage for the greatest run any college had including today's Clemson and alabama.we were 6-0 verses #1 ranked teams in an 8 yr span no one has duplicated that.

Advertisement
My earliest memories are of the 89 team, but I was only 10 and barely remember them. They were the team that got me really into college football and made me an actual Miami fan though.

Not technically my childhood, but I'd say the '00 - '02 teams were the best Miami team that I remember really knowing quite well.

On a side note, I really respect anyone who's childhood was like '06 or later. We know you're not front-runners if those were your "good old days "
Even though I remember the '01 team, I didn't really start watching every game until the mid 2000's. I vividly remember watching the Devin Hester Louisville game with my friends (who were all Louisville fans). I remember the famous Brandon Merriweather curb stomp, Ray Ray, Graig Cooper. So yeah, those are what I consider the good ol' days. The winning isn't necessarily what made me a fan. It was really the Miami brand and everything that came with it.

There is still a place in my heart for the 86 team. Was legitimate being hailed as possibly greatest team ever. We absolutely destroyed Pedo st and gifted them like 7 turnovers.
JJ is still ****ed off about that game. We were so far superior to other teams....it was unreal.
That was the game that made me a Canes fan, despite if taking all factors into consideration would easily be my most painful loss ever. College football matters to me 17 times more than any sport, Miami is my favorite sports team, and I was raised to hate Ped St since birth (HUGE Pitt family ties.) So even though I was 7 and it didn't matter nearly as much then, on paper it's my literal worst case sports scenario. As for favorite team ever I'll go '91.

No pictures. Videos did not exist.
1950 team. They were Undefeated regular season. Al Carapella and Jim Dooley both on that team.
Go ahead accuse me of being old. My great grand kids call me ancient.
You sure? Did the 1950 team play in the '51 Orange Bowl game?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back