Favoring Schedule can we run the table?

Comes down to FSU and GTs gimmick IMO

Every year people circle GT as a tough game, and every year we beat them. I'd worry more about ND. If they get their chit together coaching-wise they could be tough. Also VT.

you can beat that offense 4 times in a row, and they could still drop 375 rushing yards on you in the 5th game. I really think it depends on our ability to score and stay ahead of them.

Advertisement
If we play great defense.. good OL and RB play with a solid (but clutch) QB play.. we should go 11-1.. and I'm a realist. Thought we were going 7-5 last year (because of OL and I didn't think just because of a scheme change that we would go from worse defense in the ACC to top 20 national defense)

I'm gonna stick with win vs fsu = 11-1 - ACCCG Loss - Peach Bowl bid. Loss vs FSU = 10-2 - ACCCG Loss - Citrus Bowl Bid

I can definitely see that but who do you think we slip up against if we beat FSU.. NC is in a major rebuild so is VT and PITT, Duke SU Virginia are meh and we should be on alert for a talented yet underachieving ND team since they beat us this past year maybe GT but we have them after the bye week.. i think i could see a slip since we have SU NC VT AND ND in four consecutive weeks

We can slip against any ACC team. NCST was a missed FG from beating Clemson last year.

If we play great defense.. good OL and RB play with a solid (but clutch) QB play.. we should go 11-1.. and I'm a realist. Thought we were going 7-5 last year (because of OL and I didn't think just because of a scheme change that we would go from worse defense in the ACC to top 20 national defense)

I'm gonna stick with win vs fsu = 11-1 - ACCCG Loss - Peach Bowl bid. Loss vs FSU = 10-2 - ACCCG Loss - Citrus Bowl Bid

I can definitely see that but who do you think we slip up against if we beat FSU.. NC is in a major rebuild so is VT and PITT, Duke SU Virginia are meh and we should be on alert for a talented yet underachieving ND team since they beat us this past year maybe GT but we have them after the bye week.. i think i could see a slip since we have SU NC VT AND ND in four consecutive weeks

We can slip against any ACC team. NCST was a missed FG from beating Clemson last year.

Agreed.. but which team and why? In your opinion

This schedule is certainly easy enough for us to 12-0, even with a true freshman quarterback. What happens after that, I really don't know.

Advertisement

VT and ND.. More so VT.. am I the only one who notices every time Miami is either good or gaining momentum either VT kills it? Notable times.

'03 vs VT - Walk into Blacksburg #2 in the nation and undefeated looking for another Natty.. Lost.
'04 vs VT - Play them basically for the ACC title at home.. Lost
'09 vs VT - Beat 2 ranked teams.. Ranked #14 going in to Blackburgs.. Lost
'13 vs VT - This one was the worse to me.. unlike the other times they beat us.. this VT team wasn't any good.. and it was at home.. We had everything to play for.. We were in the driver seat for the ACC coastal.. could of gotten a rematch against FSU (and maybe derail their chance at a ship).. and we lost like 42-21..

We always beat VT when there is nothing on the line for either team..

This year We should be the best team in the coastal when we play VT.. but VT always seems to upset us.

Every year people circle GT as a tough game, and every year we beat them. I'd worry more about ND. If they get their chit together coaching-wise they could be tough. Also VT.

you can beat that offense 4 times in a row, and they could still drop 375 rushing yards on you in the 5th game. I really think it depends on our ability to score and stay ahead of them.

You can say that about any team. For some reason people hold GT up as some super difficult team, when all they really have is an odd offense. If we didn't play them every year I might be concerned. As usual, we will play with discipline and simply out-athlete them. VT, ND, and fsu are teams we should worry about, they've all proven they can beat us.

VT and ND.. More so VT.. am I the only one who notices every time Miami is either good or gaining momentum either VT kills it? Notable times.

'03 vs VT - Walk into Blacksburg #2 in the nation and undefeated looking for another Natty.. Lost.
'04 vs VT - Play them basically for the ACC title at home.. Lost
'09 vs VT - Beat 2 ranked teams.. Ranked #14 going in to Blackburgs.. Lost
'13 vs VT - This one was the worse to me.. unlike the other times they beat us.. this VT team wasn't any good.. and it was at home.. We had everything to play for.. We were in the driver seat for the ACC coastal.. could of gotten a rematch against FSU (and maybe derail their chance at a ship).. and we lost like 42-21..

We always beat VT when there is nothing on the line for either team..

This year We should be the best team in the coastal when we play VT.. but VT always seems to upset us.

You seem to forget the Big East years. Also '00, '01, '02.

Advertisement

Simple math tells you how incredibly difficult it is to run the table. Even being a 10 pt fav in every game-which gives you like a 70% chance to win that one game-means you will only have like a 2% chance of going 12-0 . Not being pessimistic but odds are we stumble somewhere

Its all going to come down to our QB play. If we got a gamer there, we can run the table. We have 4 very interesting guys in Allison, Sherriffs, Weldon, and Perry. Hopefully one of them is the chosen one to lead us out of mediocrity.

Simple math tells you how incredibly difficult it is to run the table. Even being a 10 pt fav in every game-which gives you like a 70% chance to win that one game-means you will only have like a 2% chance of going 12-0 . Not being pessimistic but odds are we stumble somewhere

I was hoping for a football answer not some scientific equation bud. Lol which team and why? Was the question. And again i agree with your statements.

Advertisement

You can say that about any team. For some reason people hold GT up as some super difficult team, when all they really have is an odd offense. If we didn't play them every year I might be concerned. As usual, we will play with discipline and simply out-athlete them. VT, ND, and fsu are teams we should worry about, they've all proven they can beat us.

that's exactly it. That odd offense is still liable to drop 30 points and 400 rushing yards on you. If we were beating them every year by shutting them down, it'd be one thing, but some of our W's have been shoot outs, so i'm not in the camp that thinks "we got it in the bag"

Advertisement
Football - Schedule - University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

Beat FSU early and I think we can* have an WASHINGTONesque season

The key is online play. If we improve the online play I think we are looking at a 1 loss season

I Think the O-line will be solid this year they showed great improvement in the final part of the season. Especially with a qb that can avoid the rush a little bit and playmakers on the outside that can get open quickly on underneath routes

Advertisement
Back