Favoring Schedule can we run the table?

If we play great defense.. good OL and RB play with a solid (but clutch) QB play.. we should go 11-1.. and I'm a realist. Thought we were going 7-5 last year (because of OL and I didn't think just because of a scheme change that we would go from worse defense in the ACC to top 20 national defense)

I'm gonna stick with win vs fsu = 11-1 - ACCCG Loss - Peach Bowl bid. Loss vs FSU = 10-2 - ACCCG Loss - Citrus Bowl Bid

Advertisement
Even if we lose to FSU in Tally, we could win the rest of our ACC games and play them in the ACC championship and beat them then. Will be an easier game since it will be neutral field, qb will be experienced, and always tough to beat a rival twice in a season.

Do think that resume would be enough to sneak into the CFP?

If we play great defense.. good OL and RB play with a solid (but clutch) QB play.. we should go 11-1.. and I'm a realist. Thought we were going 7-5 last year (because of OL and I didn't think just because of a scheme change that we would go from worse defense in the ACC to top 20 national defense)

I'm gonna stick with win vs fsu = 11-1 - ACCCG Loss - Peach Bowl bid. Loss vs FSU = 10-2 - ACCCG Loss - Citrus Bowl Bid

All ideal situations but I'm sure we all desire a FSU WIN.. even a tie would take away from the torture we've had to endure lol

Advertisement
Even if we lose to FSU in Tally, we could win the rest of our ACC games and play them in the ACC championship and beat them then. Will be an easier game since it will be neutral field, qb will be experienced, and always tough to beat a rival twice in a season.

Do think that resume would be enough to sneak into the CFP?

Too many variables. All depends on other teams out there. If we can only lose one game next year and win the ACC championship that would be beyond amazing. That would set us up to win it all in 2018.

Whatever the case, we won't have to see kaaya shook because the FSU dline is standing up before the snap.

I can definitely see that but who do you think we slip up against if we beat FSU.. NC is in a major rebuild so is VT and PITT, Duke SU Virginia are meh and we should be on alert for a talented yet underachieving ND team since they beat us this past year maybe GT but we have them after the bye week.. i think i could see a slip since we have SU NC VT AND ND in four consecutive weeks

Advertisement
2009 we OPENED with FSU. and we beat them. that was the last good season that I remember. We beat FSU, GT, and Oklahoma who were all ranked. the stadium was rocking for those home games too.

plus the pro combat nike's were probably my favorite Nike has given us in a long time.

1 loss regular season. This is our 2000, unfortunately i'm not sure we beat FSU on the road with inexperience at QB

if we beat fsu we ****** all the way to the accccg, at which point we may no longer be ******.

I don't know how good clempsons is going to be this year.

Advertisement
Don't know about running table, but the schedule sets up nicely considering who is leaving from our opponents' rosters. I do think think this creates more reason to start one of the three freshmen QBs.

Advertisement
Both the Canes and Dolphins have left the fan base with unrealistic expectations for 2017.

New coach. Good season in 2016. So what else could happen but a huge uptick the following year?

Unfortunately it seldom works that way.

Entering the bowl games this season the #8 , #9 and #10 ranked teams all had 3 losses. Yet we've got posters seriously projecting unbeaten or one loss.

I'll wait until we're preseason Top 5 for that type of expectation. Elite talent needed.

For example, Clemson replaces nearly its entire starting defense every recent season yet has defenders starring in the all star games and combine. Richt needs to close strongly in recruiting to nab a highly rated class. Then repeat and repeat again. If we're stuck in the 10 to 20 recruiting range it's asking too much to run the table or nearby, and then defeat programs stockpiling premier talent year after year. I prefer logic over happy adjustment.

Sept is strange, we play Ark St on the road( how in the world did UM give them a home game?), FSU earlier than usual and a Friday night at Duke. Anyhoo...

Advertisement
Back