FAU just received $16MM from a private donor. All Athletic

561Cane

All ACC
Premium
Building an indoor practice facility, weight room, etc. little FAU is pumping money to get this football thing going. What a concept...

Advertisement
If someone donated that much to THE U, Donna would steal it from PT room at all the U Health facilities.

Watch fau blow up.... they payed attention to to this man ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417621823.594137.jpg

Their most accomplished alumnus is worth almost $100m (no joke) and he isn't messing around. They'll be "there" before we're ever "back" with guys like CT backing their commitment to winning. Hoot hoot!

statue

Advertisement
Details....

http://www.fauowlsnest.com/forum/to...ost_id=339146&start=40&keep_session=661343401

The Complex will consist of:

An Academic Support Center
An Athletics Strength & Conditioning and Wellness Center
A Sports Medicine Center
A Football Operations and Administration Center
An Indoor Practice Facility
An Athletics Department Administration Center
An Athletics History and Tradition Hall.

One million dollars of the $16 MM gift have already been received.

The remaining amount will be paid in installments:

January 31, 2015: $5,000,000
January 31, 2016: $5,000,000
January 31, 2017: $5,000,000

Last edited:
I always get depressed when I remember that FAU has their own stadium and Miami does not.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Their most accomplished alumnus is worth almost $100m (no joke) and he isn't messing around. They'll be "there" before we're ever "back" with guys like CT backing their commitment to winning. Hoot hoot!

statue

What position did CT play as an owl? QB? At least we had Dwayne Johnson at UM.

Not sure on the validity of this but just found this info in this post...

http://www.fauowlsnest.com/forum/to...ost_id=339146&start=40&keep_session=661343401

The Complex will consist of:

An Academic Support Center
An Athletics Strength & Conditioning and Wellness Center
A Sports Medicine Center
A Football Operations and Administration Center
An Indoor Practice Facility
An Athletics Department Administration Center
An Athletics History and Tradition Hall.

One million dollars of the $16 MM gift have already been received.

The remaining amount will be paid in installments:

January 31, 2015: $5,000,000
January 31, 2016: $5,000,000
January 31, 2017: $5,000,000

???????????

Last edited:
If someone donated that much to THE U, Donna would steal it from PT room at all the U Health facilities.
If money is earmarked for a purpose then i think it's not supposed to be used anywhere else. If you donate 16 mill to the schools general fund it goes wherever they see fit but if you donate it directly to the athletic dept then it's the athletic dept money. The rock, edge, vilma, a rod their money went to athletics

Advertisement
Uh, they still need to raise another 35mil. the money is "earmarked" for the project if they can get the remaining funds.
Something tells me their going to have a wee bit of trouble coming up with the additional monies. The academics are already spouting venom that their even going to try to raise that kind of money for the football program.

I always get depressed when I remember that FAU has their own stadium and Miami does not.

giphy.gif

That gif is played out homie. Time for a new one.

I know, I know. But it's one of my favorites. And Miami keeps giving me reasons to use it once again. I can find no other gif that expresses my feelings as well as this one. The gif that is played out is that stupid Michael Jordan gif of him laughing.

So in the end it will be way more than $16MM!!

I'm pretty sure that's just $16m. Wait, let me grab the ole calculator.....................
...........Nah, it's still $16m.

Haha yeah, totally missed the "one million dollars was already given of the $16MM." I thought it was $16MM now then $5MM each year after that.

My bad...

Advertisement

statue

That's a 50 year old man worth $100M.

Their Seniors are cooler than ours.

statue

Yeah and The Rock could cut a check for Golden's buyout and he would never notice anything different in his bank account....too bad he isn't.

statue

Yeah and The Rock could cut a check for Golden's buyout and he would never notice anything different in his bank account....too bad he isn't.

No use Dwane making up for all the genius academia professionals **** ups.

Advertisement
Back