Farrell on recruiting

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Mike Farrell @rivalsmike · 7h 7 hours ago
Why do I get the feeling #Miami is going to limp to the finish line this year in recruiting? #TheU

Good job sabotaging this program Flake :rickflair2:

Advertisement
Why do I get the feeling #Miami is going to limp to the finish line this year in recruiting? #TheU

Posted right after Spence decommitted. Keep reading we'd cooled on him. Not an indication we'll limp home. (Not that we won't limp home.)

Because fans that follow the program have been saying so for months?

26-erik-sjoqvist-is-exhausted-at-the-finish-line-of-the-5000m-event.jpg

Advertisement
Farrell is a dumbass and Rivals is a joke, I can never decide which is more pathetic between them and Scout. We basically pulled Spence's offer, he's clueless. 247 and ESPN are the only 2 I trust for evaluation of players and accurate ratings. Even then I think the overall fan base is better bc we have unlimited resources of the internet to discover athletes and watch their film. Also, we have more time on our hands to do our own evaluations.

Farrell is a dumbass and Rivals is a joke, I can never decide which is more pathetic between them and Scout. We basically pulled Spence's offer, he's clueless. 247 and ESPN are the only 2 I trust for evaluation of players and accurate ratings. Even then I think the overall fan base is better bc we have unlimited resources of the internet to discover athletes and watch their film. Also, we have more time on our hands to do our own evaluations.

Most importantly, we have no anti-Miami bias. Or jobs. And heaps of experience. And Saban reads these boards to figure out who to recruit.

The only part you are correct on is that Farrell is a dumbass. Then you went on to join him with the rest of that post. Because we have unlimited resources of the Internet? And more time on our hands? Surely you are trollin......

Most importantly, we have no anti-Miami bias. Or jobs. And heaps of experience. And Saban reads these boards to figure out who to recruit.

The Miami bias has nothing to do with evaluating talent, first off. Second of all, I've had a paying job since I was 10 because I grew up on a farm. Experience doesn't matter, every great coach and scout was at one point a football fan that enjoyed watching and playing the game. Being able to evaluate talent, imo, is something that you either have, or you don't. The great ones just do it better. Also, coaches may not read message boards regularly, but it is already widely known that some staff do use Recruiting Websites to identify prospects and gather information. So it's not really out of the realm to say a school like Alabama that has a massive football staff has someone skimming over them every time someone posts a highlight tape.

Advertisement

The only part you are correct on is that Farrell is a dumbass. Then you went on to join him with the rest of that post. Because we have unlimited resources of the Internet? And more time on our hands? Surely you are trollin......

You can find literally anything on the internet. It's the easiest way to find information. Recruiting is done nationally by every school in America because of the internet, don't get it twisted. What I meant by more time on our hands is that we have a lot more spare time than D1 coaches. We actually have time to waste watching sleeper recruits rather than cold calling recruits and messaging an endless list of targets and keep these ever-so-demanding diva kids happy with the amount of attention they get.

He is correct. Get ready, as this recruiting classis going to be disappointing...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Derek Tyson ‏@DerekTysonESPN 12m12 minutes ago
UF coach already visited Tim Irvin this morning but also expected to visit Jordan Scarlett, Lamar Jackson, Charles Perry and Tevon Coney

F*CK

The Miami bias has nothing to do with evaluating talent, first off. Second of all, I've had a paying job since I was 10 because I grew up on a farm. Experience doesn't matter, every great coach and scout was at one point a football fan that enjoyed watching and playing the game. Being able to evaluate talent, imo, is something that you either have, or you don't. The great ones just do it better. Also, coaches may not read message boards regularly, but it is already widely known that some staff do use Recruiting Websites to identify prospects and gather information. So it's not really out of the realm to say a school like Alabama that has a massive football staff has someone skimming over them every time someone posts a highlight tape.

Send AG your resume, stat! We sure as **** could use some ace talent evaluators on the staff!

Advertisement
Back