Fans allowed at Hurricane Games

Advertisement
Sounds like a dumb arbitrary rule, but if it makes people feel better then go ahead. Once you start opening stadiums and restaurants and every other indoor business, why bother limiting people from tailgating?
ill only say this with tailgating -- the lots at some spots look like an outdoor club esp around the frat tailgates. but the rest yes, youll still have people drinking otuside their cars 2 hours before instead of 4 hours before. none of the stuff they announced seems easy to enforce either when people start drinking, but as long as the bad eggs dont ruin it for the rest of us, some of us may get to see king in person (hopefully)

Hopefully as the numbers and positivity rate continue to decline they will eventually allow more fans

Advertisement
Hopefully as the numbers and positivity rate continue to decline they will eventually allow more fans

the key thing is just no more spikes if we revert back to more normal behavior. if we can avoid spikes, i think we can manage (i dont see us getting more fans esp w canes since were just trying to avoid the football team from getting hit with it from other students). i also dont think the canes or the fins wanna deal w more changing the capacity at this point as it relates to ticketing procedures esp with STHers.

People are packing restaurants down here, so it would be stupid not to allow people to go to an outdoor football game at this point. You want to go, then go. People can make their own decisions on that, and we are all smart enough now about COVID to know that if you have friends going to restaurants and football games and biker rallies, and you're nervous, then just don't hang out with them.

******* Nashville and the Titans won’t have fans. The mayor up here is a dip****. If 15K fans want to go to a game outside and agree to mask and other health protocols, they should be allowed. Nashville has had 397 drug overdoses so far this year and only 226 COVID deaths yet the city is still on lockdown.

it’s absurd.

Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC - Find & Share on GIPHY

Advertisement
******* Nashville and the Titans won’t have fans. The mayor up here is a dip****. If 15K fans want to go to a game outside and agree to mask and other health protocols, they should be allowed. Nashville has had 397 drug overdoses so far this year and only 226 COVID deaths yet the city is still on lockdown.

it’s absurd.

idk how strict nashville or its citizens are with masks, but a lot of places the masks will come off once alcohol starts flowing.

it’s absurd.
Cooper is a **** show of epic proportions.

idk how strict nashville or its citizens are with masks, but a lot of places the masks will come off once alcohol starts flowing.

nashville has had a mandatory mask mandate for months. Surrounding cities didnt follow till a month or so ago. I’m losing track of time during all this so maybe longer.

you are allowed to remove mask if you are at your table eating at restaurants. Outside of that, you are supposed to have it on.

The thing is, if you are outdoors and seated away from others then you don’t need a mask on. Wear it when you go to the bathroom or get in line for drinks/food. Security will have to regulate those who are following rules. It’s actually pretty simple concept yet the Mayor up here still has the city running at 50% capacity with lockdowns. We had 36!!!! 36!!! Total cases yesterday yet he won’t budge

Advertisement

it’s absurd.

I was reading about him. He seems a little vindictive and has been targeting businesses who push back against him

ill only say this with tailgating -- the lots at some spots look like an outdoor club esp around the frat tailgates. but the rest yes, youll still have people drinking otuside their cars 2 hours before instead of 4 hours before. none of the stuff they announced seems easy to enforce either when people start drinking, but as long as the bad eggs dont ruin it for the rest of us, some of us may get to see king in person (hopefully)

I enjoy the **** out of tailgating. With that said, with the limited capacity, I’m glad there will be no tailgating. I’m sure students will get first dibs on tickets.... and knowing that 95% of our normal students attend just to party and leave by halftime, maybe this dampens their spirit and allows opportunity for some of us real, true fans/STHs to attend.

One thing is for sure, I can’t wait to see how much louder 13k canes fans are at the rock than any other limited capacity stadium in the country. I’m looking at you “sec, sec, sec...”.

Go canes!

Advertisement
Florida was smart to take their medicine earlier on in the pandemic. Get the inevitable spike/peak behind you. This is why you Floridians now get to have nice things.

This is short-term thinking at best by this board.

No matter how you feel about this virus, it should be obvious that anything that could cause transmission to college players will increase the changes of the season getting cancelled like the Big Ten and Pac 12. I am fine sacrificing a few people going to watch live if it means we have a higher chance of completing our season.

I don't usually go to games, but my son loved his first experience. No tailgating, but the nachos were a huge hit. We'll be simulating the tailgating experience on the back porch with brisket nachos and smoked queso for dinner before the UAB game.

I enjoy the **** out of tailgating. With that said, with the limited capacity, I’m glad there will be no tailgating. I’m sure students will get first dibs on tickets.... and knowing that 95% of our normal students attend just to party and leave by halftime, maybe this dampens their spirit and allows opportunity for some of us real, true fans/STHs to attend.

One thing is for sure, I can’t wait to see how much louder 13k canes fans are at the rock than any other limited capacity stadium in the country. I’m looking at you “sec, sec, sec...”.

Go canes!

nah students will not be losing those seats regardless. they will likely have to do a weekly lottery to get in but theyre more important and the school doesnt want to refund their student fees associated with their tuition that provides access to the sporting events. ticket office already said its going to be recruits, family members and students first and then STHers and likely individual sales.

Advertisement
Back