Falling standards

Yyy

Banned
Banned
Circa 2005, 3 losses= half the staff fired at Miami

Circa 2017, 3 losses= a season that 90% of the fanbase considers a big success

Circa 2029, 3 losses= what? A justification for a 25 year coaching extension?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I keep hearing about standards but this team has 5 double digit win seasons in 25 years. Then if you go back an extra eleven years from that we have zero double digit win seasons in 52 seasons. Outside of 15 years of our history "The Standard" has been mediocre.

So how about we stop whining about standards and just hope for progress? **** yeah, I'll be ecstatic if we squeak out ten wins. That seems like a miracle these days

I keep hearing about standards but this team has 5 double digit win seasons in 25 years. Then if you go back an extra eleven years from that we have zero double digit win seasons in 52 seasons. Outside of 15 years of our history "The Standard" has been mediocre.

So how about we stop whining about standards and just hope for progress? **** yeah, I'll be ecstatic if we squeak out ten wins. That seems like a miracle these days

10 wins used to require 10-0-0. Then it required either 10-1, or 10-2 if the team made a bowl game. Now it just requires 10-3, or even 10-4 if the team makes the ACCG.

Plus we've added an annual FCS opponent ever since the regular season expanded to 12 games. 10-3 now is really the equivalent of what 9-3 used to be, although for some reason people on here seem to treat it as the equivalent to what 10-2 used to be.

Advertisement
10 wins used to require 10-0-0. Then it required either 10-1, or 10-2 if the team made a bowl game. Now it just requires 10-3, or even 10-4 if the team makes the ACCG.

Plus we've added an annual FCS opponent ever since the regular season expanded to 12 games. 10-3 now is really the equivalent of what 9-3 used to be, although for some reason people on here seem to treat it as the equivalent to what 10-2 used to be.

Great.. Before 1981 we hit 9 wins twice. Since 2004 we've hit that number 4 times. It's still more of a flash in the pan for us then a standard

Hey *****, walk yourself over to KTDT. The time is almost upon you. Enjoy what little board time you have left.

Advertisement

How have those high standard worked out for us the last 19 years? They keep your jimmies warm?

I let my standards fall one evening, and 9 months later, the OP was born.

Sorry guys.
1580220100393.png

Advertisement
Who has fallen standards? Have you seen the crap posted on this site after every loss? Go take a look at twitter and see how are fans react.

Couldn’t agree more, we can’t keep putting the cart before the horse. Yes, we “had” great teams but that seems like eternity ago. If, IF, we can squeeze out 10 wins this season I would be amazed. That means two losses; 1 either in the OOS game (possibly MSU) and 1 Coastal loss. That’s a tall order to improve by 4 games but I believe in Lashlee more so to turn this thing around.

Circa 2020 Yyy takes 3 cacks to the ars and still not staisfied

Advertisement
Back