Official Fall PractiSe #9 Monday Aug 15

Advertisement
Some notes on how guys lined up to start on the lines:

- Rivers at LG, Campbell at LT, Clark at C, Oluwaseun, Scaife RG and RT
- Mesidore is first DE, LT next to Mesidore, Darell Jackson next to LT, Chanz Williams at DE
You've got two more units of DL to sub whichever first unit they decide to go with - which is fantastic depth.

But the OL scares me. Add Nelson (we need him back in the worst way), Sagapolu, Denis and maybe Traore and that's about it. Really hoping one of the Freshman can emerge - Cooper, Seymore... somebody.

Advertisement
Brandon innis will be a all American at OSU. LSU will turn JB into a early round draft pick. And everybody tells me this is fine lol
I’m sure you would have said the same thing about Pope had he not come to Miami. Lol. Everyone has said that about every top WR that has left SFL. But for every Amari Cooper and Jerry Jeudy you’ve seen, there’s about two Trevon Grimes, Ermone Lane, Gerod Holliman, and Thaui Jones-Bell right behind them. Moral of the story, stop crying over who we don’t have like it’s more important than who Miami does have.

I think on CIS. It was said to be a hyper extended knee. Not severe. Like I also said take it for whats its worth. Could be false info. Hope it is what really happened. We will find out soon enough.
Hyperextended knee if one of worst initial diagnosis you want in practice type situation. You wont know for a couple days due to MRI but that is initial call before they test for dreaded ACL injury.. You cant say hyperexteded and then say no severe with no test.. Listen to Cristobal interview that just got posted, doesnt sound good.. fingers crossed

Advertisement
I’m sure you would have said the same thing about Pope had he not come to Miami. Lol. Everyone has said that about every top WR that has left SFL. But for every Amari Cooper and Jerry Jeudy you’ve seen, there’s about two Trevon Grimes, Ermone Lane, Gerod Holliman, and Thaui Jones-Bell right behind them. Moral of the story, stop crying over who we don’t have like it’s more important than who Miami does have.
This is not justification for missing out on recruits. A miss is a miss, regardless of whether the player lives up to the potential or not.

one thing I really like is how Mario holds the scrimmages at greentree. always felt that it make us look bush league scrimmaging around town at different high schools.

Advertisement
This one kid. Jalen brown. He went somewhere else and I was his only fan at that point in Cis fashion.
I'm usually with you SPC. You are one of the more knowledgeble posters in this place. But I think the big loss for Miami jsa kid like Inniss. That kid is an absolute stud. Same with Ray Ray. Glad to at least get one of those 2 on board along with Robby who also has very good speed. Jb's hands his drops and route running leaves a lot to be desired. I know his speed is rare. But is that one guy you trust to make a play? Is thst a guy that will get you out of a 3rd and long or because of his drop issues force you to punt? And after hearing that our WRs are suffering from a hard case of the dropsies the last thing I want is another guy that exacerbates that.

Now if he wants to come in as a corner..😍😍

Actually everybody who watched pope, like really watched pope.. said the same thing. I wasn’t on Cis at the time but I knew the deal.

Advertisement
I'm usually with you SPC. You are one of the more knowledgeble posters in this place. But I think the big loss for Miami jsa kid like Inniss. That kid is an absolute stud. Same with Ray Ray. Glad to at least get one of those 2 on board along with Robby who also has very good speed. Jb's hands his drops and route running leaves a lot to be desired. I know his speed is rare. But is that one guy you trust to make a play? Is thst a guy that will get you out of a 3rd and long or because of his drop issues force you to punt? And after hearing that our WRs are suffering from a hard case of the dropsies the last thing I want is another guy that exacerbates that.

Now if he wants to come in as a corner..😍😍
I understand your sentiment. And **** I would take him as a corner too. But that requires taking him in the first place which is the first problem. But I look at him and see clay waiting to be molded. That’s just my personal opinion I’m not mad at anyone else. Running routes is easy with hard work. Catching can be taught as well. It’s about who is developing them. those LSU cats will get him right I’m willing to bet

This is not justification for missing out on recruits. A miss is a miss, regardless of whether the player lives up to the potential or not.
It's not a justification. It's about being proactive about what we can control.

Did you think a turnaround was going to happen overnight. Recruiting high end guys is about building relations in many cases, long term relations. He's only been here one year. Add to that what kind of a track record have we shown over the last 15 or so years.

Advertisement
Back