Official Fall PractiSe #16 - Tuesday August 23

Advertisement
froze my *** off watching this game. Can't believe the colts made this kid a first round pick after this game
This is why I think the folks clamoring for the Big 10 are underestimating the impact of the weather for road games late in the season. A change like that will take some time to get acclimated to, if ever.

Jesus Morris had a cannon
First time watching that video, that combo of his effortless down field throwing and Dorsett speed with free release (if he could catch) was something to see. We had talent on offense but that defense, ehhh.. Seems like they tried to be wide open on offense but couldnt execute at high level.. Morris with a spread guru would of been insane, sheesh..

Advertisement
mannn... we need to figure out a way to get big 11 in the game for goal line or something.. dude is a physical beast... picturing Vince Young shedding fools like crazy....

mannn... we need to figure out a way to get big 11 in the game for goal line or something.. dude is a physical beast... picturing Vince Young shedding fools like crazy....
Gattis did it with JJ mccarthy last year at mich but he was 5 star hotshot behind limited qb.. The dynamics and politics are a lil different.. Would be cool to see him used in packages tho

Props to Mark Duper and Hank wanting to improve. Extra reps with tennis/soccer balls, jug machine, etc

Duper really had Hank doing some tough, instantaneous catches. Fast reactions - instinctive catching. I think it was all Summer they worked together - and it was night and day afterwards.

Get Duper to have a clinic - pay the man - and get this show on the road!

Receivers that can't reliably catch a football . . . no excuse!

First time watching that video, that combo of his effortless down field throwing and Dorsett speed with free release (if he could catch) was something to see. We had talent on offense but that defense, ehhh.. Seems like they tried to be wide open on offense but couldnt execute at high level.. Morris with a spread guru would of been insane, sheesh..
Easily could bomb it 60 yards making it look effortless. I know this was in 2012 but if Morris didn't get hurt in 2013 he was going to have a very good year and probably get drafted. That o line was pretty solid too. Henderson, Flowers, Linder, Bunche, Mcdermott, Feliciano. If only we had a decent DC...

Advertisement
Who is the person in the red jersey
Donald Glover Reaction GIF
That's my question as well, my man is clearly fighting that ball today...

Arroyo looks like an NFL TE already. Has Day 1 pick written all over him. Not sure Mallory is getting that starting spot back.

Im sure Steele/Mario and Addae told Blades that his ticket to making an NFL squad is learning as many secondary positions as possible. Will make him more valuable. Same for Frierson. Those two being able to roam all over the field in any given package along with a legit 3 deep DL AND having 3 stud safeties (JW, AW, Kam) makes Steele's defensive playbook look like its 10,000 pages ill bet. So many possibilities.

Advertisement
One of the worst was that UNC game.. It was literally run after run after run after run after run after run after run.. Maybe a pass and then I would say back to regularly scheduled programming, run after run after run..

FMLLLLLLLL..
Same run play at that. You would think after the first couple they would have done something to try and stop the counter but nope just keep going upfield with no lane integrity and let them run the same **** play over and over to the tune of 700+ yards

Advertisement
Wonder what they do with Restrepo on 2 TE sets (which I assume we will be running a lot of). Can't imagine they want to take him off the field so that would push him from the slot to the outside. Not sure he has the pure height/speed combo you want at that position but I don't see why he cant be effective.

That probably puts your 11 best on the field and partly addresses the weakness on the outside. He should still be able to route some people up from outside the hash

Arroyo looks like an NFL TE already. Has Day 1 pick written all over him. Not sure Mallory is getting that starting spot back.

Im sure Steele/Mario and Addae told Blades that his ticket to making an NFL squad is learning as many secondary positions as possible. Will make him more valuable. Same for Frierson. Those two being able to roam all over the field in any given package along with a legit 3 deep DL AND having 3 stud safeties (JW, AW, Kam) makes Steele's defensive playbook look like its 10,000 pages ill bet. So many possibilities.
If he can get stronger in the blocking game, his game reminds me of Darren Waller of the Raiders. Smooth and effortless

Advertisement
Back