Fall Practice Summary- Day 6

View as article
I heard that podcast. The dude who represents SOTU has an agenda. He described a west coast offenses route tree and followed that by saying the only Tate starts is if we run that lmao not even knowing that's exactly what we will run. The producer on that show is the most knowledgeable out of all of them. Needs to be promoted.

Advertisement
manny reached out to him bc he failed on hurts and tate was the next available QB that was realistic (kid is talented but hasn't proven a thing yet). Fields was going to OSU. this isnt a knock on tate, but its a fact that we tried to court hurts and we lost out, which forced us into our backup option. if tate doesn't win the job, but forced the other two to get their **** together, then the move was worth it on that alone.
You are right

manny reached out to him bc he failed on hurts and tate was the next available QB that was realistic (kid is talented but hasn't proven a thing yet). Fields was going to OSU. this isnt a knock on tate, but its a fact that we tried to court hurts and we lost out, which forced us into our backup option. if tate doesn't win the job, but forced the other two to get their **** together, then the move was worth it on that alone.
They wanted both and visited a weekend apart. Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure Tate committed before Hurts decided

They wanted both and visited a weekend apart. Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure Tate committed before Hurts decided

hurts let us know before tate committed (i remember tate committed like right after his visit). remember we took hurts out to LIV and such during his visit lol sponsored solely by manny haha and the soffer family lol. i doubt tate would have still committed if miami had word hurts was coming esp since the starting job wouldve been jalens and not an open comp

Advertisement
I dont know if you are serious or not but EVERY DC smiles if they play a team that tries to line up in i formation. Even Nick Saban himself with access to all the re$ource$ and top players in america with jumbo sized running backs threw that offense away. We are only relics still trying to make that offense work like GT trying to run triple option. Mind you I dont mind the set in situational football but the moment a fullback comes on the field is when DC feel they can breathe.

I know there are some guys that troll ternches and i formation stuff so not sure if I didnt get the memo but you are soo stuck in past. If we come out in i formation we will get laughed at all across the country like we did with GT. **** is embarrassing.

Of course im serious, all this spread offensive crap and follow the leader type coaching is a waist of time. Let me remind you, while saban has been winning and he's being looked at as the so called "best coach", who cares what he's doing over there, he's not the standard, UM will always be the ultimate standard of how teams try to play football. Had the gaytors not been dumb enough to not rehire the "ole ball coach" in steve spurrier, saban would've been battling for 2nd place almost every year, and oscar cryer and yabba dabo doo have his number. Had to have a miracle finish by a True freshman qb to get the last one. Why do you think coach saban has been making it a point to keep plucking alot of the elite wideouts from Miami, that power-I is a nightmare for any team when paired with the athlete's we have and the mentality, we already aggressive.

We'll see how many d-co's are smiling after they look at the scoreboard. That 3-4 defense will get pulvarized with a strong o-line, and not 1, but 2 elite tightends, those linebackers will be frightened. You saw what winsloiw did by himself against ohigho fake, even with dorsey playing like a scrub that night, and chudzinski didnt have his best play-calling game, but we still won.

hurts let us know before tate committed (i remember tate committed like right after his visit). remember we took hurts out to LIV and such during his visit lol sponsored solely by manny haha and the soffer family lol. i doubt tate would have still committed if miami had word hurts was coming esp since the starting job wouldve been jalens and not an open comp
I remember him going to Liv and all that. Also I remember they wanted both and definitely don't think it would have been handed to Hurts. I do think if we got both, ideally they wanted him to start and Tate to learn under him and Enos for a year but I definitely think it would still be a competition. Any good coach would and Enos definitely wanted Tate too, if you remember he had a good friend on OSUs staff that he talked to extensively about Tate before he brought him in.

I remember him going to Liv and all that. Also I remember they wanted both and definitely don't think it would have been handed to Hurts. I do think if we got both, ideally they wanted him to start and Tate to learn under him and Enos for a year but I definitely think it would still be a competition. Enos definitely wanted Tate too, if you remember he had a good friend on OSUs staff that he talked to extensively about Tate before he brought him in.

yeah well see what happens. right now, it seems that theyre all even going off a week of practice. i do think hurts was the def starter had he come esp since enos worked him first hand at Bama.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I hadn't noticed. I'm just doing my best to understand people's true positions.

I don't care about transfers starting. That kid from UCLA looks decent on his film. Wouldn't mind him starting at all. I like Pat Bethel but I think this kid put a lot of good stuff on film.

Wouldn't mind if Bubba Bolden was here already, working with Feely, getting in Miami shape, etc... He's not though and he hasn't earned anything. People would complain about Redwine and his limitations but want to anoint a kid that hasn't really played any college ball. His HS film is good though.

Wouldn't mind if Trevon Hill was a starter, he just doesn't seem to be a run stopper. The dude can run like nobody's business. He's a talented pass rusher and he could probably come in the game in on second down depending on what the offense is doing.

I didn't assume Trevon Hill would start because when Chad Thomas was starting at SDE he was around 275 and Joe Jackson was at 250 or so and he was at WDE. That was the way it was in 2016 and 2017.

Last offseason, Joe Jackson got up to 270 or so and moved down to SDE and Garvin became the WDE. When the most recent roster came out, Garvin was still weighing in the 250s (even though he got big in the weight room) and Hill was 245 or something like that. Both of those guys are WDEs in a Manny Diaz defense. Thats why I assumed Patchan (or Rousseau, who is backing up Hill) would start.

Tate, I haven't heard any reports confirming that he was better than any other QB on the roster. I only see porsters grasping at straws to create false narratives. If he is the best QB and he is outperforming the other two, I'm sure the media would be reporting it. Quite frankly guys, thats not whats being reported... Anywhere.
I’m a huge fan of FEW!!!!

Lmao, you talk about not hearing reports of Tate being better than the other two , say people are grasping at straws but earlier you did the same thing talking like every pass tate throws is inaccurate which is purely bs.

No qb has been better than the others , they’ve all had moments of good/bad accuracy.

Don’t call mofos out about **** and do the exact same thing.

You have and agenda just like the people you’re mocking.

All three are canes and we should all want the best guy to win. Take shots at the qb you don’t like ( for whatever reason ) is just trashy. That goes for all of the QBs.

Everything I’ve heard matches with D money, it’s too tight to call right now. Nobody is running away with the job.

Last edited:
I haven't critiqued one of Tate's throws because I haven't seen any of them. I'm only sharing what's been reported from a less Tate-centric perspective.

Do I reserve that right?

Tate was looking at 3 schools Miami, wvu, Louisville. He was coming regardless

Advertisement
Back