Fall Practice Early Portion Summary - 8/20

Stefan.........what is going on with Njoku? DMoney has said he was impressive in camp, so are injuries still holding him back?
Nothing has to be “going on” with him. He’s a freshman who the coaches don’t have in the top 6 yet at one of the most stacked positions in the country.

Advertisement
From what I understand Mallory is not a 3rd string TE. He plays a different role from Brevin and Polendey. He's the receiving TE and will be used accordingly per formation and play call, aka different packages. It's not as simple as 1st, 2nd, 3rd string. Him playing on all units supports this.

Ya of course Brevin an Polendy will be used more in line an Mallory will be split out or u could see jordan at h back or Mallory an one on the line. If its 3rd an 1 u might see plendy an Brevin on the line 3rd an 12 an u might see polendy or jordan on the line an mallory or Jordan split out i cant wait mis match heaven with these 2 TE's!

Looks like coach Diaz could be given Jackson some tough love maybe he tried to pull a Clowney an Diaz wasnt havin it or he's hurt but cleared an they jus needed a body for 3rd string reps but no way hes 3rs string hopefully its nothin more than a no man is bigger than the team situation. He just tryin topiss Jackson off so he goes an kills LSU's QB firat quarter lol nice to see patchmen an Dean playing good we nees those 2 i see way more positive than negative thats for sure! Lo is our 5th string RB thats how much we have worked on out depth in 1 year yall chill ig Knowles ***** up Hall is right there to take his reps we didnt have that last year! And they have made such a big deal about striker but got Jennings an Mccloud playin there an Finely ummmm thought that position was to get better pass coverage? They just changed the name same player there same problems gwttin eatin alive by the slot js

Advertisement
Pay attention fellas...

Who played last year vs Va Tech on the first defensive series? Was it Knowles or Carter?

Depth Charts are not permanent & set in stone, DJ Dallas didn't really play 1st half of the season until UNC, Bandy didn't play early on either but by the 2nd half of the season was playing significant starter snaps. JT4 didn't really get going until Cuse, Malek Young his Freshman year barely played until late in the season vs Pitt & UVA, then became a starter for the rest of the year.

The staff always defers to Seniority, upperclassmen that have been in the system for 2 years understand how to practice & scrimmage, but when it comes to game time, the best players will play, that's how it always is.

I understand the propensity to panic, but I guarantee you players yall are trippin out about will suddenly be moved all up & down the Depth chart as the season progresses. Remember this is CAMP, not single actual snap has been played in a real game, just scrimmages in a controlled environment of situational football.

Some guys lights turn on when they see another color jersey opposite of them & some guys lights turn off in the same scenario.
I agree with this. Only problem is, we have LSU week 1. This would be more than fine if we have 3 warm up games to work out who the starters are, then LSU, but we got LSU week 1 and the starters are going to be determined based on these practices.

This staff ain’t slow they will play the best players that gives us the best chance to win.

I agree with this. Only problem is, we have LSU week 1. This would be more than fine if we have 3 warm up games to work out who the starters are, then LSU, but we got LSU week 1 and the starters are going to be determined based on these practices.
Once the ball is snapped vs LSU, you'll be surprised how quickly a guy can get in or out of a game if he's not performing up to par.

All depth charts are influx constantly, the premium in camp is always based on practices, once the season starts it's based on game film & how they perform.

Trust, if one of the upperclassmen at any position (except QB) is playing like sh*t vs LSU, a young guy will be in there & from that moment until the UNC game that spot will be reevaluated.

Advertisement
Nothing has to be “going on” with him. He’s a freshman who the coaches don’t have in the top 6 yet at one of the most stacked positions in the country.

Yeah, but numerous posters on here had Njoku catching red zone jump balls all game every game for easy TDs just a couple of days ago. In my mind, that should be enough to get him a spot on the two-deep.

That’s what seeing RK on the two deep will do to you!
True but maybe he's better now.I can recall back in 99 some secondary weren't too highly thought of either especially one blew a play then that cost us the Penn st game.that player 5turned to be one of our best players on that 2000&2001 team.

In a perfect world, the next person to suggest that Knowles might turn out to be another Ed Reed would have his posting privileges suspended.

Advertisement
Yeah, but numerous posters on here had Njoku catching red zone jump balls all game every game for easy TDs just a couple of days ago. In my mind, that should be enough to get him a spot on the two-deep.
That’s because your mind works at a very low level.

You realize most of the game isnt played in the redzone. You also dont need to throw jumpballs when runningbacks run the ball in.. Our receivers
get rotated a lot so he will play.

Advertisement
You realize most of the game isnt played in the redzone. You also dont need to throw jumpballs when runningbacks run the ball in.. Our receivers
get rotated a lot so he will play.

This is comforting to know.

LMAO. The poster was taking it easy. Knowles is trash. He’s that piece at the bottom of the dumpster than makes you pinch your nose because it smells so awful. Anyone defending him is a complete homer or doesn’t know a lick about football.
I still have nightmares about him trying to make contact, let alone tackle someone in the Gtech game. Gtech called a run to his side EVERY time he was on the field. It was comical. If the LB or DE didn’t make the TFL it was a guaranteed 1st down. He looked like a scared puppy playing with grown dogs. His post snap backpedaling on obvious running plays would’ve made Dorito proud.

Where’s the neg’ers at @Kameka[]__[]Cane @Tetragrammaton Cane

Knowles is officially the worst safety to ever wear the U.

1. Knocking a kids play is fair, calling him trash isn’t. I “dislike” it. He didn’t recruit himself or put himself in the game. He’s a Cane.
2. Review what the icons mean
3. Don’t com-lain about downvotes, you’re better than that.

Take your negs like you hand em out.

You deserve all of them.

1. Knocking a kids play is fair, calling him trash isn’t. I “dislike” it. He didn’t recruit himself or put himself in the game. He’s a Cane.
2. Review what the icons mean
3. Don’t com-lain about downvotes, you’re better than that.

1) Lol. Where the **** have you been for the past 5 years? I’m not questioning him a person. I’m calling him trash as a player. Everyone gets that. It’s a commonly used term.
2) Dislike is a negative button. You should know it well by how often you receive it.
3) I’m calling out anyone who defends that piece of trash. Not complaining about being neg’d.

Advertisement
Back