Fall Practice Early Portion Summary - 8/20

Dudes, this depth chart (I could be wrong) is just OBSERVATIONS from practice, I don't think this was an official depth chart published by the coaches. @Stefan Adams please correct if I am wrong.

Before we start freaking out about what every little thing means, just take it as the order of where guys practiced today. If we start seeing a pattern show up, or the coaches publish something, then we can start figuring out what it means. Given the injuries we know about with Jackson and Bandy, I think we can chill there. Who knows, maybe Derrick Smith is banged up, but it certainly seems as though Knowles has consistently been ahead of him in the spring and continuing into the fall. What do we know that the coaches don't? It surprises me too, but I also never wanted to see Michael Jackson on the field again before last season and we all saw how that turned out. We're going to have to wait to see, maybe this Striker role is a lot better suited to him than playing deep center safety. I'm as punch drunk about the guy as anyone, but ridiculing our own guy who has stuck it out and appears to be doing everything the coaches ask just doesn't have a great feel to it.

Advertisement
Hold up who tf is Shawn Walker?? We don’t have another Will besides Pinckney and Steed? Where is Charles Perry?

Edit: I see they moved Charles to 3rd string MLB.

:6fps6::hair-fire::onfire:funny how things change here on this board in 24hrs.yesterday we are going feast on 9/2 now the sky is falling.

Diaz said that he’s deciding still between Bethel and Tito for the starting job next to Willis. So where does that leave Ford?

Do they move Bethel behind Willis If Tito beats him out?

Advertisement
Another Isiah Wynn of Georgia from last year who was 6-2.5/311 and played LT at a very high level. He was taken in first round by the Patriots as he has the versatility to play guard in the NFL and can move out to LT if needed.
Hope he can stay healthy

Diaz said that he’s deciding still between Bethel and Tito for the starting job next to Willis. So where does that leave Ford?

Do they move Bethel behind Willis If Tito beats him out?

I'm wondering how that's going to play out. You have to figure Nesta is going to be in the rotation sooner than later. Fingers crossed Ford doesn't end up being the next David Perry. First man off the bus, but last man in the game.

Advertisement
I'm wondering how that's going to play out. You have to figure Nesta is going to be in the rotation sooner than later. Fingers crossed Ford doesn't end up being the next David Perry. First man off the bus, but last man in the game.

lol at the David Perry reference but that's a reasonable concern bc It seems like his biggest issue are the two main things that's required for a DT / NT to be successful... Explosiveness off the line and shedding blocks consistently.

Advertisement
Pay attention fellas...

Who played last year vs Va Tech on the first defensive series? Was it Knowles or Carter?

Depth Charts are not permanent & set in stone, DJ Dallas didn't really play 1st half of the season until UNC, Bandy didn't play early on either but by the 2nd half of the season was playing significant starter snaps. JT4 didn't really get going until Cuse, Malek Young his Freshman year barely played until late in the season vs Pitt & UVA, then became a starter for the rest of the year.

The staff always defers to Seniority, upperclassmen that have been in the system for 2 years understand how to practice & scrimmage, but when it comes to game time, the best players will play, that's how it always is.

I understand the propensity to panic, but I guarantee you players yall are trippin out about will suddenly be moved all up & down the Depth chart as the season progresses. Remember this is CAMP, not single actual snap has been played in a real game, just scrimmages in a controlled environment of situational football.

Some guys lights turn on when they see another color jersey opposite of them & some guys lights turn off in the same scenario.

Advertisement
I still have visions of Tate getting behind Knowles (who blew the coverage) with a 1:40 left in the 4th against FSU. I just don't trust that man. Every offseason we here how much Knowles has improved, and during the season he stinks it up

I can't begin to tell you the evil things I wanted to do to Knowles after that happened. We won the game with a great finish, but I still get mad thinking about this isht!

Easy dude, Hall missed pretty much all of a Spring practices and Knowles has been in the program going on 4 years now so maybe it’s finally clicking for him.
You could be in the program for 15 years, and it could be clicking perfectly for you. But Gurv is far superior to you in every measurable way other than experience. And the only experience Knowles has is bad experience anyway.

You can know where to be, but if you can’t get there it doesn’t matter. Get the far superior football player coached up, and quit with the bullshyt.

Advertisement
Back