Official Fall 2022 PractiSe 1

Possible. But I'm not ready to give up yet on Don. He at least looks healthy right now. Competition will be fierce though and he definitely needs to make a move and produce on the field wherever he might fall on the depth chart.
I'm not giving up either. My original post about him I said I'm rooting for him. When he was a freshman I thought he would have the best career out of all the young backs on the roster. Hope he breaks through this year. But the tea leaves I'm seeing are suggesting something different.

Advertisement
I'm not giving up either. My original post about him I said I'm rooting for him. When he was a freshman I thought he would have the best career out of all the young backs on the roster. Hope he breaks through this year. But the tea leaves I'm seeing are suggesting something different.
A lot will fall on gattis too and how he utilizes these guys. If Knighton & Parrish are used a lot in the passing game a guy like Don should benefit. Just gotta see how it all plays out.

A lot will fall on gattis too and how he utilizes these guys. If Knighton & Parrish are used a lot in the passing game a guy like Don should benefit. Just gotta see how it all plays out.
True. We have no idea what the offense will look like. Guess it depends on Citizen, too. We've overhyped freshmen for years. Could easily be a year away

Kudos to us for having a rational discussion on this cesspool website we love.

He’ll win us a natty when its his time
Sanford And Son Smh GIF

True. We have no idea what the offense will look like. Guess it depends on Citizen, too. We've overhyped freshmen for years. Could easily be a year away

My sense is our o line will improve but we're still a couple years away from being elite up front. Gattis will have to pass a bit more to set up the run which benefits a guy like Knighton, but we'll see.

Advertisement
Possible. But I'm not ready to give up yet on Don. He at least looks healthy right now. Competition will be fierce though and he definitely needs to make a move and produce on the field wherever he might fall on the depth chart.
From what I've seen Don, is the most natural between the tackles running we've had here in a long time.
Further that guy plays behind his pads and always keep his legs moving on contact.

All three of the above is hard to find with today HS RBs, a lot of guys are going for home run hitter as opposed to getting 3 or 4 yards which is all there is instead of pushing outside, or cutting back for a negative play. He's an exceptional back and runner, just hoping he's healthy and nothing in his game changed.
With Knighton, that guy has NASTY open field moves and really knows how to set the defender up to break ankles. He's not a terrible or even below average between the tackles runner, just that's not his strength, while I believe that's Dons.

These are certainly 1st world problems to have and if Citizen is pushing these players, he's got to be the goods. MC has seen some good runners at Oregon, Alabama etc. so he's got an eye that I (and I'm a bum) agree with.

If you listened to coach he said the best guy might not always start. Situations like field position and play calling will determine who is on the field at any given time. He also said some guys prefer coming in after a drive has started.

The offense will only be as good as the O line play. Yes play calling is huge setting things up. We will find out a lot in game three about how good this offense can or will be.

:u5pyxda::u5pyxda:

ALL PRAISE TO THE MOST HIGH!!!!!!! MY GAWD SOMEONE SPEAKING GOSPEL IN CORAL GABLES AGAIN

SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!! We supposed to be the FASTEST team in America!! WTF?!

Been saying it for yearsssssss and get called mope while we in death matches with dregs of ACC.. Change gon com

I thought Thomas Davis was moving to Linebacker
Probably be on the field at LB in a 3-4 defense as an edge rusher.

Advertisement
:u5pyxda::u5pyxda:

ALL PRAISE TO THE MOST HIGH!!!!!!! MY GAWD SOMEONE SPEAKING GOSPEL IN CORAL GABLES AGAIN

SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!! We supposed to be the FASTEST team in America!! WTF?!

Been saying it for yearsssssss and get called mope while we in death matches with dregs of ACC.. Change gon com
We’re really getting back to being a “speed” team? Yes! Once upon a time, not too long ago, we were THE “speed” team. Thanks Mario and Co.
Not only did Miami not use the speed it had. The whole team played slow. If you watched the really good teams you could see how much faster as team they played.

Some Day 1 practice notes and observations from Manny Navarro:

-Jon Beason and Brian Monroe were on the sidelines and stayed for the full practice yesterday. Navarro spoke to them about their thoughts:

*** The intensity of practice impressed them.
“It’s been ratcheted up another level,” Monroe said. “Cristobal knows what it takes to be great. The way practices looked before was not where it needed to be at. You need to be sprinting every single play. He has them doing that. There was a receiver — I forgot who it was — who threw up today. You love to see that. Games are supposed to be easier than practice.”

*** Among the transfers and new arrivals who stood out the most to Monroe on Friday were ex-West Virginia defensive lineman Akheem Mesidor and ex-Clemson receiver Frank Ladson.

“(Mesidor) was all over the place,” Monroe said. “He looks like he’s gonna push for some playing time. Ladson caught it well (better than in the spring). He’s a big kid. He’s smooth.

“I like (former Ole Miss running back Henry) Parrish, too. He’s gonna do well. (Ex-UCLA defensive end Mitchell Agude) looks the part. If he can get it together and play like he did with those pressures at UCLA and make them into sacks, we’re gonna have something there.”

- Aaron Feld, Miami’s strength and conditioning coordinator, credited the team’s head nutritionist, Meaghan Turcotte, for helping linebacker Keontra Smith — and others — put on good weight during the summer. Smith (5-foot-11) gained 28 pounds since January and weighs 230 with a 15.6 body fat percentage.

“She’s phenomenal at what she does,” Feld said. “That’s just been a huge key for these guys, learning how to eat. She calls it plate coaching. Every time they put a meal together, she’s helping them eat. So they do that over and over and over, and all of a sudden, they’re making good decisions when they’re not here. I mean, nutrition is as big of a factor of those kinds of gains as anything.”

-Miami also hired a sports scientist to work with Feld and players to create a variety of workouts and drills to maximize player strength and speed. Feld described it as building “force velocity profiles.”

Advertisement
My sense is our o line will improve but we're still a couple years away from being elite up front. Gattis will have to pass a bit more to set up the run which benefits a guy like Knighton, but we'll see.
It'll benefit the guy that wants to pass pro. Michigan's top 2 backs only caught 40 balls last year in 14 games. Knighton was scared to protect last year. Whoever has the testicular fortitude to stick their face in there will get the nod

Is it really that crazy to suggest Knighton (our best RB last year), Parrish (SEC transfer coaches have said did great in the spring) and Citizen (every insider around this program is raving and raving about this guy) are all going to beat out Chaney this year?

Nope. Cheney could end up anywhere from 1 to 5 on the depth chart by the end of the year. This is what a RB room looks like at top 5 programs. I love the comp.

Advertisement
Is it really that crazy to suggest Knighton (our best RB last year), Parrish (SEC transfer coaches have said did great in the spring) and Citizen (every insider around this program is raving and raving about this guy) are all going to beat out Chaney this year?
Ya feel me?

Here is hoping they ALL produce well enough to be RB1 throughout the whole season!!! :sideeyes:

A little crazy. If Chaney is back, he might be our most talented back. People are sleeping on him because of injury and out of sight out of mind.

Advertisement
Back