Facilities

Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else recently, but are there any updates on when the new facility will be built? I thought I saw somewhere after last season that it would be finished before the start of this season. Also, are they still planning on extending the indoor from 70 to a full 100 yards?

Advertisement
Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else recently, but are there any updates on when the new facility will be built? I thought I saw somewhere after last season that it would be finished before the start of this season. Also, are they still planning on extending the indoor from 70 to a full 100 yards?

After the stadium goes up.........
Just Kidding Jk GIF

Advertisement
This was maybe a couple months ago. But I believe the board and approval members wanted more details and some updates to the proposal and renderings. Like minute details to fix

I think on that wqam stream for first day of camp rad talked about they would be breaking ground at the end of the year but who knows

Is it possible booster funds have been overly tied into building this new facility thus limiting our NIL budget for the 2024 cycle ?

Advertisement
Is it possible booster funds have been overly tied into building this new facility thus limiting our NIL budget for the 2024 cycle ?

Please stop with this nonsensical myth. I'm not saying you started it, but please don't perpetuate it.

People who want their names on buildings as well as tax deductions are not going to just flip their cash over to NIL. It's just not happening, and people need to stop acting like this is the old "guns or butter" debate.

No. I don't understand it's financial. That area is already a mess because of the new student housing project going up and adding additional construction on the same street would create additional complications. I assume its all proceeding, but I'd guess that its just not going to be right this instant because there was preexisting construction that is impacting a potential start date.

No. I don't understand it's financial. That area is already a mess because of the new student housing project going up and adding additional construction on the same street would create additional complications. I assume its all proceeding, but I'd guess that its just not going to be right this instant because there was preexisting construction that is impacting a potential start date.

It doesn't matter if they tore up 10 blocks, it's happening.

One chunk of the football facility is a parking garage. Guess what OTHER construction project needs that parking garage?

It's happening.

Advertisement
It doesn't matter if they tore up 10 blocks, it's happening.

One chunk of the football facility is a parking garage. Guess what OTHER construction project needs that parking garage?

It's happening.
I didn't say it wasn't. Simply that it is not happening now.

Judging from how quickly that new housing project is going up, that should be completed within the next few months. IIRC, its supposed to be ready by August 2024.

Is it possible booster funds have been overly tied into building this new facility thus limiting our NIL budge
Please stop with this nonsensical myth. I'm not saying you started it, but please don't perpetuate it.

People who want their names on buildings as well as tax deductions are not going to just flip their cash over to NIL. It's just not happening, and people need to stop acting like this is the old "guns or butter" debate.
It was a question not a myth or an inference of fact on my end whatsoever, that's why I asked.

Which is why Texas A&M folded their NIL collective as they're trying to reformat the new one as a non-profit so NIL contributions count as tax deductions.

Advertisement

Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

I didn't say it wasn't. Simply that it is not happening now.

Judging from how quickly that new housing project is going up, that should be completed within the next few months. IIRC, its supposed to be ready by August 2024.

Yes, it is moving quickly. I think the dominoes will be the housing (phase 1) first, then football/parking, then the replacement of Stanford RC (phase 2).

Last edited:
Is it possible booster funds have been overly tied into building this new facility thus limiting our NIL budge

It was a question not a myth or an inference of fact on my end whatsoever, that's why I asked.

I understand. I'm not mad at you, but we have to stop this myth sometime. In no way am I blaming you directly, but it's just insane how this question has entered the atmosphere.

I had this exact conversation with a very well-known poster on this board. We just have to be real and honest. The new building has nothing to do with NIL, and "NIL budget" has very little to do with certain complained-about recent outcomes.

Advertisement
Back