Facilities at Miami 247 Article

The facility talk ends when Miami stops ****ing around and build its own stadium. Last week, Kirk and the Bear even discussed Miami getting its own stadium because SLS (inspite of what Broward fans think) does not work for Miami. It's plain and simple.

Its not going to happen dude. Leave it alone.

It's never going to be our own on campus stadium, but there are better options than sun life. We can't let this Beckham thing get underway and not be involved somehow. Then again, his soccer team may fail and we could take over the stadium then it will be ours.

If the school gets serious and buy or acquires some how the land for the stadium at a feasible location, I believe the money for the actual stadium could be raised by huge donor drive. If we know the where and the how much, former players, fans and donors will make it happen. Howard was trying for on campus stadium. He quickly had about 5 million in pledges when the administration smucks pulled the plug on him. They said the money had to be from NEW donors not people who already donated to Miami. I always felt it was he real reason Howard left. It could be done but the school needs to take the lead and prove it wants it.

But where are you going to put a stadium other than where Beckham's is going? That's the issue. The city of Miami in general is a huge issue. I just don't see it happening.

Advertisement
And this is what is UM should be marketing at every halftime of every game, not the **** UHealth!

Perception is reality for most and the reality is UM has facilities 20 years old! It's state of the art! Not the Biltmore but it's **** close and **** good!!

Nobody is going to read this

Make a video of the facilities and have them air it on TV for our comercial time during games

This is what I am thinking, no one is going to read an article. Pay for a slot during these Primetime Games, or OPENLY invite ESPN, CBS Sports etc. to view the facilities.

The facility talk ends when Miami stops ****ing around and build its own stadium. Last week, Kirk and the Bear even discussed Miami getting its own stadium because SLS (inspite of what Broward fans think) does not work for Miami. It's plain and simple.

Then don't ***** about the Miami "facility" perception. Don't cry when FSU and Florida are telling recruits don't play at SLS when you can get a great atmosphere every Saturday here.

I love people that say something is "never" going to happen. First, it was they were "never" going to fire Golden during the year. Then it was that Miami is "never" going to pay for coaches. Miami was "never" going to flirt with Butch Davis. In other cases, the NCAA was "never" going to have playoffs. It can and eventually WILL happen.

Advertisement
You need big facilities in Tuscaloosa and South Bend where there's nothing to do after you're done working out. Down here after you work out you take a shower and head down to the beach or Grove, grab a drink and watch all the hot *** walking but because it's still 80 degrees in January. South Bend is so bad that even Notre Dame doesn't want to play there in November. There's a reason they always go to USC at the end of the season. They used tocome down here in November too.

If we can get our own IPF, that would be killer. I hate SLS...but having a IPF would increase recruiting ASAP.

On a side note...b/c I've never been to Marlins stadium, I understand the capacity is a little over 36k....anyway we could play there w/ another 4-8k retractable seats being added? If I recall correctly, I was reading somewhere of an idea of the Canes being able to play there as a possibility.

Advertisement
If we can get our own IPF, that would be killer. I hate SLS...but having a IPF would increase recruiting ASAP.

On a side note...b/c I've never been to Marlins stadium, I understand the capacity is a little over 36k....anyway we could play there w/ another 4-8k retractable seats being added? If I recall correctly, I was reading somewhere of an idea of the Canes being able to play there as a possibility.

The bowl game last year was kind of weird. Football field barely fit in there. Almost no room past the goal posts. Would rather get in on the Beckham stadium.

Then don't ***** about the Miami "facility" perception. Don't cry when FSU and Florida are telling recruits don't play at SLS when you can get a great atmosphere every Saturday here.

I love people that say something is "never" going to happen. First, it was they were "never" going to fire Golden during the year. Then it was that Miami is "never" going to pay for coaches. Miami was "never" going to flirt with Butch Davis. In other cases, the NCAA was "never" going to have playoffs. It can and eventually WILL happen.

When did I *****? I personally dont give a **** about our own stadium. As long as we win, they(recruits and fans) will come.

To make a really good football experience, you would actually have to lose seats in that stadium.

The kids that have real interest come and visit see what we have to offer. They see that rust and algae isn't growing on our weights. They see we don't have a pop up tent locker room and that we don't practice in the streets. We need to do some more but the **** isn't that **** bad.

The media negatively recruits against us just as bad as most schools do. If we start winning they will be STFU because will we get ours.

Advertisement
I can vouch for most of this. The boutique hotel analogy fits perfectly. It's really nice on campus, but certainly different than what you'd see at Alabama or Oregon.

All of the inferior facilities talk is hyperbole, and sensationalizaton from anti UM pundits.

To make a really good football experience, you would actually have to lose seats in that stadium.

see, again, I'm not familiar w/ the stadium at all...don't follow Marlins baseball. I just remember reading somewhere that w/ some added retractable seats, it could be a feasible landing spot. Is it due to the dimensions of the stadium or something?

The bowl game last year was kind of weird. Football field barely fit in there. Almost no room past the goal posts. Would rather get in on the Beckham stadium.

so the construction of that field is strictly for baseball only vs. let's say the Oakland Coliseum where both baseball and football could be played. What do you think is a feasible stadium size for our fanbase? I know all the improvements are coming to Sunlife, but I've been there on numerous occassions, and it doesn't feel like a college football atmosphere at all. I've had the pleasure of going to the Rose Bowl, L.A. Coliseum (both of which used to hold NFL teams once upon a time) and they both give a great college feel although the stadiums are bigger in size. The seats are much closer to the field and it gives a true home field advantage.

Advertisement
45k would be perfect imo. If somehow Marlins park could remodel to be able to move around the walls to shape up the stands and everything to really fit a football field it would be fine if they added the 8k seats like you mentioned. Still would have the dugouts and everything so it would be weird.

Maybe if the Marlins end up failing as an organization soon and being bought out or moved, they would have to use that stadium for something. I could see UM taking over and fitting it for football.

http://www.cbssports.com/images/collegefootball/Miami-Beach-Bowl-Marlins-Park-3.jpg

Just needs some rearranging

They had the option of going in with the soccer team for a stadium but that won't work for some reason. Getting the land and permit in coral gables for a stadium probably won't happen.
Although it would help out tremendously, I'm not sure that goal could be reached.
Now If it was a state school, Miami would have one next year.

The whole on campus stadium thing is just a bunch of crap for people who don't the area. There's a lot to be said for playing in an NFL stadium.

The IPF is the big difference.

For every person in Miami that isn't willing to go to Sun Life, there's a person like me that considers Sun Life about as far south as I'm willing to go.

Look at the view of these facilities we have. image.jpg

Advertisement
Back